Old 10-06-09, 12:05 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I stayed in SLO alot generally doing event rides (Wildflower; Lighthouse etc). My favorite hotel is the Travellodge on Monterey. Rates are reasonable. Its a few doors down from the Apple Inn and other good restaurants. It's also walking distance from a bike shop and downtown. Easy access to the 101 if you are driving up to Paso. Here's the information - note there are two Travellodges in SLO - I always stay at the one on Monterey:

San Luis Obispo Travelodge
1825 Monterey Street
Monterey & Grand Ave
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 US Maps & Directions

Phone: 805-543-5110
Fax: 805-543-3406

E-Mail: GeneralManager07047@wynhg.com

If you don't mind paying alittle more - in the back, upstairs and down, they have 2 huge rooms with great views...

If you are doing the winery ride, you just head down south 2 blocks turn left and you are on the route. Otherwise you can ride through down and out pass the Madonna Inn towards Avila Beach for great cycling. If you need some route slips (or ride suggestions) check at the SLOBC.org bike club website.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.