CaptVideo
CaptVideo

Bikes: Challenge trike, Bacchetta Giro 20 & Trek 7500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I had an Agio and really liked it. But, it was too wide to comfortably carry on the rack behind my Honda Civic. I did like the somewhat bouncy frame and the disks. it looked cool, too.

I bought a trike I really liked (Challenge trike), but still wanted a 2-wheel recumbent. I like RWR in State College, Pa (what a creative town name - only surpassed by College Station, Tx). They had a steel Giro 20 which I bought, but I returned it for an aluminum one. To be honest, there might've been a pound or two difference... but then, I had the shell seat on the steel one, and probably heavier mesh seat on the aluminum one.

Anyway, I do really like the Alum. Giro. But the metal difference is mostly in my mind. I do prefer the rim brakes to disks, but again not by much. It's just easier for me to remove and replace the front wheel for carrying... turned out the bike is short enough I don't bother removing the wheel any more.

I think the Giro is significantly faster and more maneuverable than the Agio. The Agio seemed better for relaxed rides.

But then, for really relaxed rides, I take the trike. I've even pulled off a trail, locked the brakes and snoozed on that trike - it's so comfortable!

Here's a video on YouTube of a trike ride on a Pa. Rails to Trails route.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cw7awQQys

Dan

Last edited by CaptVideo; 10-08-09 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forgot link to video