chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
I tested my MagicShine by putting the battery pack in the freezer, which was running at about 10*F. Run time was diminished from 3 hours 10 minutes to 2.5 hours. Or thereabouts. It shut off when I wasn't paying attention, sometime between 2:15 and 2:45.

I'm going to check the temp of the deep freeze in the basement, since I really want to know the run time at -10 to -20*F, since I do ride in the dark in those temps. But with the length of the cord I could just put the battery in a pocket when it's that cold.
Back when I used to use alkaline/NiCad/NiMH external battery packs, I'd keep them in a handlebar bag with one of those chemical handwarmers when the temps started dipping below freezing. Last winter was my first winter with a LiIon battery pack...I didn't need to bother with the handwarmer anymore, tho I still used the handlebar bag, just cuz it's handier than having to strap the thing onto my bars/stem/frame.

This will be my first winter with the P7 torch...no external batteries to mess with.