Old 03-16-05, 09:58 PM
Spuds McDoogle
No virtual racing here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 610
I hate to be a complete newb but I am in the weeds. I could go to a bike store but I am worried about being taken advantage of.

For the last couple years I have been riding uprights and have recently not been able to continue due to 2 major issues:

1) I have problems in my male nether regions that make it very painful for me. It should get better in time but there are no guarantees.

2) I am suffering from lower back problems.

I've looked at Recumbents online for quite sometime but am bewildered about the selection. It's quite frightening!!

I was hoping you could help me by pointing me in the right direction.

1. The bicycle would be build clydesdale tough. Have you seen an upright Kona Hoss? Kind of like that - something that is build strong even if it weighs a ton.

2. Very portable - it will fit in an Honda Element or Station Wagon without any major disassembly.
I know there are many recumbent types but I'm not sure what this would go best with.

Based on these criteria, what would you pick? I know many Recumbents have weight limits - which by the way, I am 300lbs. Does that narrow it down any?

With best of intentions,

If you can find a used BikeE AT you will like it. They are more comfortable than those high price "low race" or performance recumbents. Going fast is not important when riding or walking a recumbent and you will enjoy slow riding with a BikeE. The most important thing is for a recumbent to support a big fellow like you. If the seat is too hard you can duct tape some foam pad to the seat and the ride will be cushy.

Spuds