Old 10-14-09, 08:20 AM
Steve Katzman
Cat 6

Bikes: Scott CR-1, Serotta Legend, Serotta CR, Co-Motion Speedster tandem, Masi Nuevo Strada fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I met you two on the buffet line Saturday night. If you recall, my friend and I were commenting about your t-shirts and how we thought that aero helmets (as well as other speed weapons designed to cut seconds off) were hardly appropriate for amateur triathletes that finish anywhere other than the top of the pack. I hope we didn't hurt your feelings - we assumed that the t-shirts were tongue-in-cheek.

It is a pleasure to see younger tandemers join the ranks. If you have more young tandem friends, persuade them to join you for the next event. I'm glad you were well received and had no issues interacting with people old enough to be your grand parents. This is what makes these events so special. If tandem rallys don't attract new blood, they will eventually fade away when us oldsters get too old to ride.

There is usually a tandem rally in Sebring in the spring, although it was called off this year. We will be attending a rally in Sebring, FL for all types of bikes in mid December (Highlands bike fest), but it usually attracts many tandems too. Maybe you would like to attend. If you're ever spending time in Orlando, send me a message, although we are clearly not as fast as you. Regomatic (see above) lives nearby as well as some other tandem teams. Perhaps we can put something together.