Old 10-18-09, 05:18 PM
eMXiMeR
O HAI GUYS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KirkLiche
very interesting but i hope it is just an exercise because that lock has tremendous vulnerability. the specified materials are not cut proof and will be "chewed" apart if it deflects what you intended to cut it with, especially the most common thing which is bolt cutters.

but all you really need to defeat that lock is a 1-2 foot length of pipe. the amount of force that can be generated by inserting said pipe into loop, then twisting in one direction, is amazing and way more than enough to separate by tearing the flexible bits from the solid bits no matter how you intended them to join.
So you've had your hands on this lock and know it will be defeated by all that you have mentioned? Interesting.

This looks like a cool idea, I think it could be made secure with the right material as you could really tighten it up to the object and your bike so it may be hard to get a tool in between there. If I saw a video of how this lock holds up against some cutting tools and how it can hold against brute force, I would definitely buy one (price pending).