kyle16
Ooohh, shiny things!

Bikes: 2005 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pigou
Hi, my name is Patrick, and I missed this thread before my first post in this forum so here's to being proper. I just moved to Davis from the DC area to start my PhD and I'm starting to get swept up by the bike culture here. I've been cycling ever since I learned how to ride as a kid, but I just got my first road bike in July and shipped it out here with me. It's been a blast riding out here so far despite my sluggish pace (14-15). Getting to campus everyday plus trying to maximize the real rides is making me improve and I feel like I'm making real progress in getting my endurance and stamina where it should be.
Welcome Pigou! There sure are tons of bikers around Davis and a great community at that. Check out these guys. They seem well organized with good outreach. Plus, they seem to be intense with all the endurance rides. http://www.davisbikeclub.org/

There are a couple Davis or close by riders on Bike Forums. They can give you some good input of the area for sure. Enjoy your stay at Davis. It may be a bit boring there, so get on your bike! (by the way, I used to go up there every other week, so I know the area well).