View Single Post
Old 10-22-09, 12:57 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
I can see right away how this discussion has turned away from giving an objective answer to the OP's question into that of attempting to down play a remarkable woman's (Maria Parker) accomplishment (12 hour record) on a proven platform (Cruzbike Silvio).

YEARS BEFORE Maria Parker's impressive ride in New Jersey several months ago, and her new woman's 12 hour record almost 2 weeks ago...when Cruzbike only offered the conversion kits, (no factory built bikes), reports were coming in left and right from owners reporting how well their conversions climbed hills in spite of the fact that many of these were based on cheap, heavy department store full suspension mountain bikes.

Another poster on this thread claims that FWD bikes are "are known to be lacking in their ability to climb" is just plain disinformation. No disrespect meant but that is misleading when ironically, Cruzbike is well known for it's climbing performance.

I've observed that Cruzbike has a well established online community, and I recommend to the OP to look for advice there. Doug Burton is their "techie" guy, and can offer a wealth of information on those bikes. He has gone through the whole Cruzbike experience starting with a couple of conversions, through the mid range models like the Softrider, and now rides a Silvio. He is a good guy.

Best of luck to you in whatever you choose to ride.

Edward Wong III
"Bentless in Orlando, FL"