Old 10-22-09, 09:52 PM
Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Where to start? Hmmm... I know, today first. then yesterday, and finish with tomorrow! That sounds like just the ticket

TODAY - later this after noon - Thursday :
A wonderful day that I got to sleep in. Temp ended up in the high 60s. so got to go for a 45 minute ride on Maggie - no mishaps or anything! If fact, I actually rode her long enough to be glad I had filled the water bottle even!

It only took 3 calls to the Pain MGNT People today to finally get a responce back from them - actual turn-around is normally 2-3 business days -9f that! But, enough of that, I am sorta getting ahead of myself here...

Wednesday is when the Ka Ka hit the fan at work. A few people (at work) actually know about my knee, issues, and the other crap. For the most part, you leave home stuff at home, and work stuff everywhere...

The days starts off as normal til a point when the big Boss decided he's going to dictate a letter over the phone - these are always fun at thier best - I can't type fast enough for him, or remember far enough in front so he alsways has to slow down and repeat hisself!! He finally yells for me to get Mr. Baker on the line.

... ... ....

Fast forward about 10-15 minutes (I had go down to the rest room and back) to find out that Mr. Baker is still at my deskt. I am told to hold on a moment please and don't go anywhere... Mr. Baker gets off the phone and tells me that I'm to take the rest of the day off. And that I am obviously in no condition to drive, and they want me to wait for my wife to arrive to give me a ride home.

So rather than burn any bridges - I waiting, and Cin comes to get me...

Nothing was ever said about today. Mr. Baker states that I am obviously exhausted, and that I shoud just go home and sleep.

TODAY - Thursday 10-22

SInce no direction was given to me, I got up showered, dressed,etc and went to work. On my way in I call Robin "ASST MGR" - to see if she knew anything, which, she did not. We agreed the best thing for me to do was simply to stay in the parking lot until Mr. Baker got to work.

Mr. Baker arrived, parked next to me and we chated through car windows. He asked how was I feeling, and I said OK, considering all the sleep I got last night. Mr. Baker stressed again that I was not being termiated, or fired, or anything of that nature, it was simply to give me some "much needed" rest time off.

Mr. Baker asked if I had reached out to my pain mgnt people or not, and I explained that I was continuing to work on that. I would let him know as soon as I learned more.

Friday 10-23

This is a big day! Now for multiple reasons!

At 10AM I have the APPT to see the Orthoo. If all goes well as planned, he will then set the date for the Surgery! "The Total Knee Replacement" I hope to also start gathering data for the different types of rehab that - and find which will focus more cycling as that is an area of great interest to me

I must also go to the Pain Mgnt Clinc today and P/U the new scripts, take them to the pharmacy, and wait the 2-3hrs for them to be filled.