View Single Post
Old 10-25-09, 01:25 AM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by datepalm3@earth
In two days my commute is changing from 8 miles/day to 3, and it only now occurred to me that much of it is going to be on hills and paved trails out in the country that won't be lit. I've commuted in the city for years with LED blinky headlights and they've been great for being seen, but I'm really going to need a proper headlight going forward.

I typically research things ad nauseum, but I'm afraid I need to just order something immediately and I know nothing about good headlights. I see some people here like the "Magicshine" and it looks like some are even just mounting powerful flashlights on their bikes, but any recommendations would really be appreciated given my time constraints.

Thanks so much for your time and help.
The Magicshine is well regarded and quite bright. If your looking for something you can find over the counter have both the Nightrider MiNewt Mini-USB and the CygoLite Pace 135 LED Headlight that can be found at Performance Bike (if you have one close by).