Old 10-27-09, 04:34 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 934 Posts
Never a camera around...

A few years ago I ended up at a Yard Sale and the back yard was filled completely with bicycles, bicycle parts and paraphernalia. I spend less than a hundred dollars and purchased five nice old road bicycles including a Steve Bauer, a Peugeot Super Sport, a Velo Sport Alpin18, and a couple of others that slip my memory at this time.

Upon completion of our transaction, the Yard Sale host offered me everything else in his backyard for $20.00. He just wanted it all gone! The bike stuff had belonged to the deceased owner of the house where the Yard Sale was being hosted. I did not buy the rest of the items since I already had the bikes(stuff) I was interested in.

The point is, I know of several people in my small city who have hoards of bicycle poorly stored here and there. Heavens knows, I might be one of these guys.

Presently, The Old Shed holds just over 100 collectible road bicycles. I do not bring entry level stuff home anymore unless it is in excellent shape or very unusual.

I also have bicycles stored in my backyard but I do my best to move this out as quickly as I can since I do not want to trouble my neighbors or attract thieves.

And to add to the jumble, I store bicycles at my summer cottage under tarps and I recently rented a space at our Bicycles for Humanity Workshop so that I can store some of the better bikes inside where they will be easy to get at this winter.

Is there a clinical name for what is wrong with us. And as for the "collect em all" idea - I am trying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
OldShedInside_5.jpg (107.0 KB, 203 views)
Shipping_Con_11.jpg (110.9 KB, 200 views)
OldShed_Out_2.jpg (105.4 KB, 201 views)