View Single Post
Old 10-27-09, 09:11 PM
Speedwagon98

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yesterday, I rode 38 miles on the bike to/from Denver, via the greenway paths. I was most tired by the time I made it home, and learned a few things. Although my legs were pretty dead last night, they weren't sore at all today. I'm going to guess that my liberal use of TheStick is probably helping in that regard, as that seems to be one of the benefits of it.

I now know what kind of a light is not adequate. I threw the Cateye on the front that I had on my MTB, and it died a little more than halfway home(only used it one way). Wasn't putting out much light in the first place though. Luckily, this was on the bike path, not on the road. I'll have to compare the Fenix flashlight to what I just used, so I have a point of reference for the amount of lumens that I'm putting out.

Today I added a rear rack and trunk bag, as not having any storage on a bike I plan to ride a lot is rather sucky. With the trunk bag though, I will need to do a rack mounted tail light, since the trunk completely blocks the seat post now.

And, I tested out some of the synthetic stuff I recently bought for boarding. The Capilene 2 underpants is probably a bit overkill, for anything over 35F. And my Mountain hardwear Alchemy is a bit warm, with a shortsleeve undershirt and short sleeve shirt.

Do all synthetic t-shirts get stinky as hell when you sweat? Can't say I've used them much before, they the one I was wearing last night certainly got some funk on it by the time I was home. I wasn't sweating all that heavily either.