View Single Post
Old 10-28-09, 08:54 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Great bike, good start, sounds like you're on the way to a beauty.

If it were me:

-1" threaded CF fork from eBay. There's one out there right now that's long enough, or get one from nashbar or Performance. 2nd choice would be a new Tange chrome 1" threaded fork.

-1" headset, I'd look for a Shimano 600 6400 if you can find one. Nice headset, but you can go with a Richey or a Tange and be just fine.

-Black Cinelli quill stem, but I don't know the reach your need. The black stem ties in well with a CF fork, especially on a steel bike not sporting a lot of black. If you get a chrome fork, get a polished quill stem. Cinelli bars, 66-42 or so, plenty available.

-(If you don't go Cinelli, there are hundreds of combos)

-Yellow/gold bar wrap by Bontrager (gel) or Cinelli (cork) to accent the yellow lettering. The wrap y ou have is fine.

-8-sp DA or 600 STI's are great, but if you go 9-sp, you'll be fine with what you have, get the cassette and STI's and don't look back.

-Saddle depends on your, uh, "fit." and pedals are personal preference. The majority of folks here like either SPD (walkable) or Looks (not exactly walkable).

We will need to see pics so we can criticize whatever decisions you make. Not really. Good luck.