Old 03-21-05, 03:47 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good point about the trainer, but I was amazed to find a mobile bike shop set up when I arrived for the first race. I was a bit worried, because my rear tire seemed a bit low from the day before which is often indicative of very small leak. I went over to them, and asked them if they would service me quickly if I warmed up, and then had a problem. They assured me that they would have me back on the road with a new tube in seconds should I have an issue. It gave me a wonderful feeling to know that I would not have to deal with it, robbing me of pre-race focus.

Regarding the warm-up, he indicated that that was his warm-up method. He indicated being well aware of different opinions as to the proper pre-race warm-up, but he found that the gentle, spinning approach worked best for him.

What I am really anxious to time myself at, is the time trial course we have marked out in St. Petersburg before and after aero bike. I should have it within a couple of weeks, and it will be interesting to see what difference that aero frame, zipp wheels, aero bars, etc., make over my road bike. Of course it will be difficult to replicate the exact conditions, but I am still very anxious to do it.

When I get the Zipp wheelset, I will carry my Dura-ace wheels to all events should I need to do a last minute swap. One gal experienced my nightmare. As she came to the line for her time trial start sporting a HED disk rear tubular, there was a load bang, and she was out of business. Can't change those babies very quickly unless you have super fast drying glue.