Old 11-02-09, 10:27 AM
falconcg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help on buying Giant FCR '09

Hi everyone. I am pretty new here.

I posted a thread on the hybrid section but I was not sure if it's the right place.

Here is the link.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post9968062

I am just mixed up on buying a new bike and really need your help.

Here is a resume of what I posted.

I just bought this weekend a Giant FCR2 '09 bike. I want to get back to riding and think this might be a good bike (I was wondering between this one and the Giant Defy3). I have not picked up the bike at the shop yet and I could still change my mind.

I will be using this bike to ride about 10-15km to and 10-15km back.

I have bought a Small frame (that's what the guy suggested) but I have found out that this if for 5'2 to 5'6 and I am 5'8 (they do have the Medium size in stock). Is small the right size?
So probably medium would be better. But if I like to have more seat post and a smaller frame, would it be bad to take the small size even though Giant says 5'2 to 5'6 and I'm 5'8 (30'' inseam). I am just asking so I make the best decision. I have a Large mountain bike and never asked any questions and I am now stuck with a bike that I don't like.

The guy suggested the small but is he really qualified (I don't know). Once place tells me medium, another says small. I'm just mixed up. The guys who said small just looked at me, took the bike out, asked me to stand over it and said, small is good for you. Is there more to fitting that just that?

Thanks for all your help.

From a very mixed up guy.

Chris.