View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 03:24 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The Jamis has a wider gear range;I live at Cathedral so this would be important to me,YMMV. I owned an Elite(and a Comp);it was a really nice bike,but the steel + carbon thing wasn't all that magical. I was running 120psi 28mm tires,so this prolly roughened the ride a bit. The 9sp MTB bits will prolly also deal with bad weather better than the Fuji's 10sp road group. The BB7's are easier to adjust than the Shimanos,but they work equally well. I've got M495's on my daily commuter;you just need to adjust them with a 3mm allen instead of turning knobs,and honestly the inboard knob on Avid brakes can sometimes be a pain to use. Citybikes sells Jamis,Performance and HTO sell Fuji. Citybikes gives generally better service than Perf,but they can be hit-or-miss at times,I've always had good luck with HTO.

Best advice,ride both and decide which you like best. Don't think I've ever seen a Brodie around here,so if you go with that,you'll prolly have to buy online and won't be able to test ride first.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X