DCCommuter
52-week commuter

Bikes: Redline Conquest, Cannonday, Specialized, RANS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not just bicycles

The Washington Post does a thing they call "Live Online" where a columnnist answers reader questions in real time. Usually on Mondays the subject is transportation. This past Monday they got on the topic of whether motorcycles should be allowed to "split" lanes by going between cars. Here's what a reader wrote:

"Clifton, Va.: If lane splitting was allowed and I saw a bike coming, I would either open my door or move over enough to jam him in so he couldn't go any further. Sorry if I have to sit in traffic, so do you on your bike(motorcycle)."

Very magnanimous. By contrast, here's what a reader wrote the preceding week about bicycles:

"Arlington, Vs.: I find most cyclists riding in a inconsiderate, dangerous manner on the roads.
They make life difficult for cars. They are in fact violating the law. They won't get three feet from me. I get as close to them as I can. I mountain bike and these roadies need to learn law not me. A little road rash will cure this!"

The conclusion I draw is that there are a lot of serious troubled people out there.