View Single Post
Old 03-23-05, 10:03 AM
JOHN J

Bikes: giant ATX 760, Falcon Road Bike (ss) custom marinoni tourismo (full dresser) ,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good morning.

My name is John and im riding again after 15 years away from the pedals.

I was and avid off road rider 15 years ago.

during my off time from bikng I was teaching scuba and doing lots of techie diving , I was in open water 2- 3 days a week not including pool time during weeks we had a scuba class.

Well I have to say Im burned out with diving after 20+ years.

as much as I love diving it takes many many hours of prep /travel time for the little time that one is under water even a local dive will take a good part of a day to do a 30 min dive (not including set up time the night before)

if I still lived near salt (within 1.5 hours) id still be in the water everyweek but being landlocked I can only dive lake George and Champlain so many (100s) of times , (its a been there done that thing no mountains to climb per say)

unfortunatly freshwater never changes and get boring fast, with salt water the same location is different every time. ,

my "GILLS" have been dry for 2 years and I decided to get my bikes back from family members and ride again.

Im hoping to commute to work a few days a week in good weather (13 miles one way) and just get some rides in whenever I can, to stay healthy/keep the wt down...

I have some questions that ill address on the proper BBs

look forward to being part of the community.

"John"

Last edited by JOHN J; 03-23-05 at 10:49 AM.