Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Speed limit on bike paths' in NC

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Speed limit on bike paths' in NC

Old 06-10-21, 05:23 PM
  #1  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Speed limit on bike paths' in NC

I am looking. Because, Unless I am wrong, it is 15mph. If anyone knows' different, I would appreciate you letting me know.


TIA
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 07:14 AM
  #2  
Milton Keynes
Senior Member
 
Milton Keynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,463

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,046 Times in 597 Posts
If you're asking if there's a state law, that should be easy to find in the state statutes. However, I'm guessing that most localities will set their own speed limits on their local trails, so there may not be one single answer.
Milton Keynes is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 08:10 AM
  #3  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
I am looking. Because, Unless I am wrong, it is 15mph. If anyone knows' different, I would appreciate you letting me know.


TIA

Why do you think there is a speed limit?
Unless there is a posted sign, I always assume that there's no limit on a path other than what's reasonable for the traffic.

From my experience, I would say Milton Keynes is right, typically the path speed limits are by local ordinance, not state law. They could also be by state regulatory agency. Either way, there are generally signs when they exist.

I have seen 15 mph, 20 mph and even 25 mph limits posted, so there wouldn't seem to be any reason to assume 15 is correct even if the limit exists.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 06-11-21, 08:25 AM
  #4  
prj71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,653
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 208 Posts
No sign = no limit.

Just use common sense.
prj71 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 08:49 AM
  #5  
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist
 
Deal4Fuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,451

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '83 Raleigh Olympian, '87 Lotus Excelle, '85 Centurion Ironman, '75 Schwinn Continental, '73 Raleigh Grand Prix, '84 Trek 500/400, '89 Schwinn Le Tour, '86 Bianchi Sport SX '12 Trek Alpha 1.1, Ross Central Park

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked 859 Times in 564 Posts
It varies on the city, but it's usually not enforced and common sense is the rule. The Neuse River Trail from Raleigh to Clayton is 10 mph. No one should be doing over that when passing walkers with kids or pets or when the trail is congested. In open areas with no traffic I've never heard of anyone being stopped for going over 10 mph.
Deal4Fuji is online now  
Likes For Deal4Fuji:
Old 06-11-21, 10:16 AM
  #6  
Mark Stone
Tractorlegs
 
Mark Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 3,157

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Why do you think there is a speed limit?
Unless there is a posted sign, I always assume that there's no limit on a path other than what's reasonable for the traffic.
Some states (or counties/cities) have speed limits on paths that are not posted on signs. For example, the stretch of bike path going east from Copper Mountain in Colorado along I-70 is 15mph, and the path from the top of Vail Pass all the way down to Avon. But to my knowledge there are no posted signs (or, rather, there weren't when I lived in the area). It's up to us to know local statutes.

I learned about the 15mph statute when it was brought to our attention during a charity ride. What's cool is that they gave us the option of using the actual freeway if we wanted to go faster 😊.

OP: It shouldn't be a problem to research NC statutes.
__________________
********************************
Trikeman
Mark Stone is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 10:20 AM
  #7  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,646

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91 Schwinn Paramount '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked 1,594 Times in 1,162 Posts
You are probably wrong assuming it's 15 mph. You need to find out what entity controls the bike path and what jurisdiction it belongs to if entirely public.

Otherwise I'd think you are good up to the 55 mph speed limit the state of New York has for roads with unposted speeds.

Edit.... oh re-reading I see it's North Carolina that is in question... so lets just go with 35 mph in municipal districts and 55 mph outside.

Still if your MUP is owned by a private organization but lets it be used by the public, there may actually not be an enforceable speed limit even if there is one posted.

https://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/ne...t-enforceable/

Last edited by Iride01; 06-11-21 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Didn't read well the first time... add new material.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 11:07 AM
  #8  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
Some states (or counties/cities) have speed limits on paths that are not posted on signs. For example, the stretch of bike path going east from Copper Mountain in Colorado along I-70 is 15mph, and the path from the top of Vail Pass all the way down to Avon. But to my knowledge there are no posted signs (or, rather, there weren't when I lived in the area). It's up to us to know local statutes.

I learned about the 15mph statute when it was brought to our attention during a charity ride. What's cool is that they gave us the option of using the actual freeway if we wanted to go faster 😊.

OP: It shouldn't be a problem to research NC statutes.
There definitely is no statute. There could be a regulation or an ordinance, but that's a lot of research to find.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 06-11-21, 11:28 AM
  #9  
Bald Paul
Senior Member
 
Bald Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA
Posts: 325

Bikes: ICAN w/ Di2, Fezzari

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Best thing to do is to check the trail map/brochure online.
The "Thermal Belt Rail Trail" (Rutherfordton to Forest City, NC) specifically states that the speed limit on the trail is 15 MPH.
Bald Paul is online now  
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 06-11-21, 02:30 PM
  #10  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes View Post
If you're asking if there's a state law, that should be easy to find in the state statutes. However, I'm guessing that most localities will set their own speed limits on their local trails, so there may not be one single answer.
True
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Why do you think there is a speed limit?
Unless there is a posted sign, I always assume that there's no limit on a path other than what's reasonable for the traffic.

From my experience, I would say @Milton Keynes is right, typically the path speed limits are by local ordinance, not state law. They could also be by state regulatory agency. Either way, there are generally signs when they exist.

I have seen 15 mph, 20 mph and even 25 mph limits posted, so there wouldn't seem to be any reason to assume 15 is correct even if the limit exists.
While 15mph is what I said, for the bike trail. You are right that it could be different.
Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
No sign = no limit.

Just use common sense.
I hope it is that simple.
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji View Post
It varies on the city, but it's usually not enforced and common sense is the rule. The Neuse River Trail from Raleigh to Clayton is 10 mph. No one should be doing over that when passing walkers with kids or pets or when the trail is congested. In open areas with no traffic I've never heard of anyone being stopped for going over 10 mph.
Agreed
Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
Some states (or counties/cities) have speed limits on paths that are not posted on signs. For example, the stretch of bike path going east from Copper Mountain in Colorado along I-70 is 15mph, and the path from the top of Vail Pass all the way down to Avon. But to my knowledge there are no posted signs (or, rather, there weren't when I lived in the area). It's up to us to know local statutes.

I learned about the 15mph statute when it was brought to our attention during a charity ride. What's cool is that they gave us the option of using the actual freeway if we wanted to go faster 😊.

OP: It shouldn't be a problem to research NC statutes.
That is why I asked the question. I need to go fast, to maintain my balance.
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
You are probably wrong assuming it's 15 mph. You need to find out what entity controls the bike path and what jurisdiction it belongs to if entirely public.

Otherwise I'd think you are good up to the 55 mph speed limit the state of New York has for roads with unposted speeds.

Edit.... oh re-reading I see it's North Carolina that is in question... so lets just go with 35 mph in municipal districts and 55 mph outside.

Still if your MUP is owned by a private organization but lets it be used by the public, there may actually not be an enforceable speed limit even if there is one posted.

https://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/ne...t-enforceable/
Ok
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
There definitely is no statute. There could be a regulation or an ordinance, but that's a lot of research to find.
True
Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
Best thing to do is to check the trail map/brochure online.
The "Thermal Belt Rail Trail" (Rutherfordton to Forest City, NC) specifically states that the speed limit on the trail is 15 MPH.
Ah, ok
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 05:07 PM
  #11  
Daniel4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,542

Bikes: Sekini 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 135 Posts
Like others have said, if there is no sign, no by-law etc, then go as fast as you like. But unless there's something in these park trails that make pedestrians and animals avoid them, I would prepare to slow down or stop if one of them suddenly appears.
Daniel4 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 06:03 PM
  #12  
Moe Zhoost
Half way there
 
Moe Zhoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,478

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 351 Posts
There is no State Law in NC that sets speed limits on trails. These are set by the governing county or municipality. For instance, all of the greenways in Raleigh have a limit of 10 mph. Greenways in Cary have a limit of 15 mph. I don't believe there is an official limit on the American Tobacco Trail, but I think a suggested speed limit is posted on some of the trail signs. I've not heard of any enforcement activity, but that does not mean that you should not always strive to be a prudent and courteous rider.

Is there a particular reason you're asking?
Moe Zhoost is offline  
Likes For Moe Zhoost:
Old 06-11-21, 08:01 PM
  #13  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost View Post
There is no State Law in NC that sets speed limits on trails. These are set by the governing county or municipality. For instance, all of the greenways in Raleigh have a limit of 10 mph. Greenways in Cary have a limit of 15 mph. I don't believe there is an official limit on the American Tobacco Trail, but I think a suggested speed limit is posted on some of the trail signs. I've not heard of any enforcement activity, but that does not mean that you should not always strive to be a prudent and courteous rider.


Is there a particular reason you're asking?
Yes, My uncle n' aunt, who live in Carolina Beach. Want me to come down there (I am in Chatham County) for a visit. But, My experience with bike paths'. Is far less favorable, than riding on the road. Because, Having to go fast on the road. Helps me maintain my balance. Going slow on a bike path will cause me to lose my balance. My aunt(retired RN) wants my uncle(retired UAL 737 pilot), and I. To stay on a bike path. I read about the speed limits' on the road in Carolina Beach. They are speed limits I am use to. But my uncle can't handle the road.

Last edited by Chistophe516; 06-11-21 at 08:04 PM.
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 08:23 PM
  #14  
billridesbikes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 167 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
Going slow on a bike path will cause me to lose my balance.
Srsly? This is bike skill issue, or lack of skill in this case, because even a super twitchy criterium bike can be ridden at a walking pace without tipping over or wobbling around.
And if you're on a MUP its actually needed skill you should learn.

How to ride slow without wobbling about
billridesbikes is offline  
Likes For billridesbikes:
Old 06-11-21, 09:00 PM
  #15  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes View Post
Srsly? This is bike skill issue, or lack of skill in this case, because even a super twitchy criterium bike can be ridden at a walking pace without tipping over or wobbling around.
And if you're on a MUP its actually needed skill you should learn.

How to ride slow without wobbling about
If I had a choice, I'd probably avoid the 15 mph path, but that's just because I like to ride faster than that. But I do a lot of no speed limit MUP riding, and I actually enjoy the practice at rapid speed changes it necessitates. Also, I find it very pleasant to interact with kids and their parents while (carefully) passing them. I get a kick out of watching the little kids learn bike handling skills. Sometimes you have to coach the kids a little bit as well so they don't overreact to being passed.

I've lost my temper exactly once on a MUP. A Strava-obsessed guy was close passing little kids on the Minuteman. I actually chased him down after we got on a less crowded part of the path to yell at him. It really was just about the worst thing I've ever seen a cyclist do, and it was just luck that a kid didn't get twitchy during a close pass. I'm talking about 3 and 4 year olds.

And if you want to get really good at controlling your bike at low speed, ride behind a 3 year old while waiting for the passing lane to open.
livedarklions is online now  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 06-11-21, 09:13 PM
  #16  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes View Post
Srsly? This is bike skill issue, or lack of skill in this case, because even a super twitchy criterium bike can be ridden at a walking pace without tipping over or wobbling around.
And if you're on a MUP its actually needed skill you should learn.

How to ride slow without wobbling about
No it isn't!!! It has to with physical health issues, I have had, since the day I was born(1967)!!!! I don't wobble on the road, because I don't go slow!!
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 09:19 PM
  #17  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
No it isn't!!! It has to with physical health issues, I have had, since the day I was born(1967)!!!! I don't wobble on the road, because I don't go slow!!
If you can't balance at 15 mph, I don't see how you can ride on a road. There's these things called stop lights and stop signs, and there's traffic, all of which require slowing from time to time.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 06-11-21, 09:29 PM
  #18  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
If you can't balance at 15 mph, I don't see how you can ride on a road. There's these things called stop lights and stop signs, and there's traffic, all of which require slowing from time to time.
Stopping/starting is the easy part. It is steady speeds at -15mph, that cause a problem. I counter the problem by going faster.
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-11-21, 11:35 PM
  #19  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
Stopping/starting is the easy part. It is steady speeds at -15mph, that cause a problem. I counter the problem by going faster.
I have no idea how that works, but if you say so, ok.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 06-11-21, 11:41 PM
  #20  
Chistophe516
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Posts: 112

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
I have no idea how that works, but if you say so, ok.
That is how I overcome my balance problem at speed.
Chistophe516 is offline  
Old 06-12-21, 12:17 AM
  #21  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
That is how I overcome my balance problem at speed.

Balance problems are really hard to describe. It's hard for me to imagine how you could keep your balance getting to speed, but I'm sure you have your strategies, I just won't be able to understand them if you tried to explain. The truth is no one really understands how their own body keeps balanced, it's mostly an unconscious process.
livedarklions is online now  
Old 06-12-21, 05:45 AM
  #22  
billridesbikes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 167 Posts
Originally Posted by Chistophe516 View Post
No it isn't!!! It has to with physical health issues, I have had, since the day I was born(1967)!!!! I don't wobble on the road, because I don't go slow!!
My dude, if you have a condition where you canít control your bike under all conditions then you have no business riding it, especially on an MUP. Please take up a different sport like walking before you injure someone.
billridesbikes is offline  
Old 06-12-21, 06:03 AM
  #23  
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 9,304

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4814 Post(s)
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes View Post
My dude, if you have a condition where you canít control your bike under all conditions then you have no business riding it, especially on an MUP. Please take up a different sport like walking before you injure someone.

I'm not reading him the same way. I think he's saying he can ride slowly when needed incidentally, but can't sustain it over long rides. I also think he's actually trying to determine whether he does have "any business" riding on a MUP.

Apparently he's been riding safely with this disability on roads for decades. Don't see why he should give that up.
livedarklions is online now  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 06-12-21, 06:27 AM
  #24  
billridesbikes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 167 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
I'm not reading him the same way. I think he's saying he can ride slowly when needed incidentally, but can't sustain it over long rides. I also think he's actually trying to determine whether he does have "any business" riding on a MUP.

Apparently he's been riding safely with this disability on roads for decades. Don't see why he should give that up.
Just because you havenít had an accident while doing something unsafe doesnít mean you should continue to do it. Like the guy that has four or five beers and then drives home because ďheís been doing it safely for years after all. Plus dude is over 50 and balance and reflexes are, well, not peak and maybe in decline. Might be time to hang it up.
billridesbikes is offline  
Old 06-12-21, 09:33 AM
  #25  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,646

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91 Schwinn Paramount '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked 1,594 Times in 1,162 Posts
I don't have a balance problem when slow, but at ambient temps over 90į F going slower than 14 mph starts me getting uncomfortably hot. I'd have a problem with a path that had a max speed of 15 or even 17 mph. At 10 mph for prolonged climbs and high efforts, I might start to get heat exhaustion and that can lead to a serious balance problem.

The OP seems to have figured out what they need for their issue. It does sort of bring to light an issue though. Speed.... Should it be limited to a max speed even when there are no others around? I might can see a speed limit of sorts when around others, particularly those engaged in other activities. But not for times you don't even have others within sight, unless of course you are at a blind curve.

AFAIK, the local MUP here has no speed limit. Certainly none posted. In literature they just ask that you maintain a safe speed for what ever you are doing when around others.
Iride01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.