Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Cyclist buzzed by snowplow PICTURES

Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Cyclist buzzed by snowplow PICTURES

Old 02-16-08, 04:31 PM
  #151  
DynamicD74
Senior Member
 
DynamicD74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The 'Burbs
Posts: 387

Bikes: ' 96 Trek 830 Mountain Track,'74 Schwinn Suburban, '74-ish Fuji Dynamic 10, '73 Schwinn Varsity,'73 Schwinn Breeze, '94 Schwinn Sidewinder. First Schwinn was a '74 Schwinn 24 inch Varsity in Lime Green, and previously owned a '74 Schwinn Breeze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donnamb View Post
I agree. Moved.
WOW! Just like magic....POOF....to the A&S with you!
DynamicD74 is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 04:40 PM
  #152  
Blue Order
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I drank the Koolaid
Originally Posted by I drank it too
No, No!!!! It was the fault of his helmet and helmet laws!!! I've read the studies!
Logic and reason tells us that it was entirely due to the cyclo-segregationist inferiority complex that cyclists harbor, thereby preventing them from using Powerweave Lane positioning.
uh oh....
Blue Order is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 04:47 PM
  #153  
vincentpaul
Artful Dodger
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Even with the move to A&S, I'm still hoping that testosterone levels remain high and we get the manly-man's wrestling match (spartan style) that I was hoping for.
vincentpaul is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 04:47 PM
  #154  
Blue Order
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I am a wrestling GOD!!! Bow down and apologize before me!
This situation cannot be tolerated! I'm going to shove my boot right up somebody's ***...er, right after I remove my head from my own ***
Could get ugly...
Blue Order is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 04:50 PM
  #155  
Blue Order
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vincentpaul View Post
Even with the move to A&S, I'm still hoping that testosterone levels remain high and we get the manly-man's wrestling match (spartan style) that I was hoping for.
Got popcorn?

I'd like to skip to the scene where one of them says "This is where WE fight! This is where YOU die!"

Or maybe "This is A&S!!!" as the machoest man boots the offending one into a bottomless well...






Er, you DO realize that to be a TRUE Spartan wrestling match, it would have to be done nekkid?
Blue Order is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 06:04 PM
  #156  
chipcom 
Infamous Member
 
chipcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,365

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clifbar View Post
I was not "obstructing traffic" I was part of traffic. I was going the same speed as traffic. The plow was at least half a block behind me for at least 2 or 3 blocks. I detail on my blog why I didn't move over to "let him pass".
I'm curious...is this the first time you've ever been passed by a plow...when it is plowing? I don't think anyone is excusing the behavior of the driver, the cops or the city, but it seems a lot of folks, including me, know that getting passed by a snow plow when it's plowing (and maybe spreading salt too) isn't exactly a picnic, even if they are clear in the next lane. Me, if in the city where there are plenty of places to turn and attempt to double back behind the plow...that's what I do. If I am riding in the snow, being in a hurry isn't one of my priorities.

Guess I'll go read your blog now...
__________________
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
chipcom is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 06:19 PM
  #157  
donnamb 
tired
 
donnamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,653

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gentlemen, take it to Ben Hurt. It's going on right now under some bridge or in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in Portland's Industrial District.

__________________
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
donnamb is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 07:01 PM
  #158  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clifbar View Post
BarracksSi
There is a "less worse". If you can't see that jeapordizing someones life is worse than maybe making someone wait 10 seconds to get past you, I hope I never encounter you on the road.
I'm glad you enjoy stalking me by linking to my profile.

Maybe you put yourself at risk needlessly by not taking a slight detour just for the sake of saving a half minute or less on your ride. Ever think of it that way?

Last edited by BarracksSi; 02-16-08 at 07:10 PM.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 07:08 PM
  #159  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clifbar View Post
By that logic the guy who just got shot and robbed in our city outside a bar was an idiot for being in an area where he might be robbed.
"By that logic" has nothing to do with you riding a bike. Not unless you were getting robbed and shot, which you weren't.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the plow driver. "But he broke the law!" Oh boo ****ing hoo. Get your lazy ass away from that huge ****ing plow for a little bit, let him do his ****ing job, then continue riding in the freshly-plowed path that his plow just created.

Yes, you're an idiot. Don't get yourself killed while trying to "stand up for your rights". Don't expect any sympathy from me as you get lowered into the ground.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 07:30 PM
  #160  
crhilton
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 4,568

Bikes: '07 Trek 1500, '08 Surly Cross Check, '09 Masi Speciale Sprint custom build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thdave View Post
I see what you're saying, but I find it ridiculous that the police cite the existance of the cameras as proof of the rider seeking conflict with the plow. It's not at all. The bike rider has every right to video what he wants to video and it doesn't implicate him at all.

Yeah, it's the cyclists obligation to pull over and give room if he's slowing traffic down. I'm not sure he was, though. Irregardless, the police and city attorney handled it poorly. That's the problem, imo.
I fail to see what saying "he intended to incite something because he had a camera" proves. It might cast doubt upon the cyclists witness, but the camera has no such bias. They should be attacking the quality of the video (which is supremely good, the plow doesn't even give the guy 6 inches).

Anyway, I think the guy should have gotten out of the way. There was a perfectly good left lane (it looked like), I think a snow plow is a good reason to give up the "far right as practicable" rule. Or he could just stop and motion the plow on, dredge himself out and follow behind the plow (as long as he can keep up that is).
crhilton is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 07:35 PM
  #161  
joejack951
Senior Member
 
joejack951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 11,853

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2003 Specialized Hardrock, 2004 LOOK KG386i (RIP), 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
Maybe you put yourself at risk needlessly by not taking a slight detour just for the sake of saving a half minute or less on your ride. Ever think of it that way?
Unless you consider riding in traffic at all to be needlessly putting one's self at risk, then Clifbar did nothing of the sort.
joejack951 is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 07:48 PM
  #162  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951 View Post
Unless you consider riding in traffic at all to be needlessly putting one's self at risk, then Clifbar did nothing of the sort.
Riding in traffic, no, although riding in those conditions is pretty insane already (I don't even like driving in such conditions around here because of how awful the drivers can be).

But attempting to take the lane when you know a behemoth like that is bearing down on you... yeah, that's needlessly putting oneself at risk. What could he have possibly hoped to gain?
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 09:16 PM
  #163  
joejack951
Senior Member
 
joejack951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 11,853

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2003 Specialized Hardrock, 2004 LOOK KG386i (RIP), 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
Riding in traffic, no, although riding in those conditions is pretty insane already (I don't even like driving in such conditions around here because of how awful the drivers can be).
Well, hopefully you know (or will learn) to respect the fact that others consider the risk to be perfectly acceptable (myself included) and save your "insane" remarks for yourself until you have some facts to back up your assumption. Right now, all you have is anecdotal evidence that drivers around you are awful in those conditions.

Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
But attempting to take the lane when you know a behemoth like that is bearing down on you... yeah, that's needlessly putting oneself at risk. What could he have possibly hoped to gain?
Any normal sized passenger car is comparably a "behemoth" next to a cyclist. Can you list possible reasons why a cyclist would take the lane even with a passenger car "bearing down on" them? Assuming you can (if not, this discussion is pointless), why do those reasons suddenly get thrown out the window because it's a snow plow not a passenger car?
joejack951 is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 09:25 PM
  #164  
riddei
Needing more power Scotty
 
riddei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern New England (USA)
Posts: 588

Bikes: 2006 Trek T-80 (commuter) 1982 Bianchi SS (classic 12 speed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951 View Post
Any normal sized passenger car is comparably a "behemoth" next to a cyclist. Can you list possible reasons why a cyclist would take the lane even with a passenger car "bearing down on" them? Assuming you can (if not, this discussion is pointless), why do those reasons suddenly get thrown out the window because it's a snow plow not a passenger car?
Um, yes there is a big difference in a plow-truck with multiple blades on the ground throwing snow and a passanger car.



vs.


Last edited by riddei; 02-16-08 at 09:53 PM.
riddei is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 09:49 PM
  #165  
joejack951
Senior Member
 
joejack951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 11,853

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2003 Specialized Hardrock, 2004 LOOK KG386i (RIP), 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riddei View Post
Um, yes there is a big difference in a plow-truck with multiple blades on the ground throwing snow and a passanger car.
While it's behind you, what is the difference? Once it's passing you, then yes, things change. But, in my opinion, because things are so different when a plow is passing you, it's all the more reason to be in control on the situation when one comes up behind you.
joejack951 is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:01 PM
  #166  
rukawa
Member
 
rukawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't believe clifbar is an idiot. He was not wrong, period. He obeyed the law and exercised his right. If the truck driver did the same there would be a discussion here.

The logic is exactly like being robbed or getting shot. Someone goes to an ATM in the middle of the night and got robbed. Instead of prosecuting the criminals you hammer the guy for going to an ATM at a dangerous time. Or like if a girl gets raped, you accuse her of dressing too revealingly, leading to the ****. You are prosecuting the victims, not the offenders. It's obvious that which party was breaking the law.

A few months ago in my dormitory someone took all 3 cloth baskets in the shower room that we use to keep our cloth dry. After 2 weeks I asked the floor supervisor whether they are being replaced or not. He had no intention of filing a report with the office simply because this has happened before. I said that I can probably manage without the cloth basket for a while, since I got a small one of my own. He then said, "So what's your problem?"

Why are the ones obeying the rules getting shuddered into silence while the evildoers get this passive protection? Clifbar took this injustice and fought. To me, that's already worth respecting. It is not our place to criticize him for how he managed to put himself in a dangerous situation. It is his life and his own to keep or forfeit. If he so chooses to stand up for something and dies, that is also his choice.

Back to the accusation of staging, so what if he did? Police uses the same tactics as well: bait car, sting operations. If the truck driver choses to fiddle with clifbar's life in this incident, it very well means that he might do the same to another rider. For the very least he exposed this driver's poor driving habit. This society needs people who are willing to stand up for what is right, people like clifbar. However I believe he simply had no idea the plow truck could've pulled something like that.

To his credit clifbar has been rational and persistent in this pursuit. Yet the law reinforcement and the city continued to shoot themselves in the feet, truly disappointing.

I said to the floor supervisor, "If you don't intend to reinforce the rules, then you shouldn't have them in the first place. By then I will have no problem." If people can get away with breaking one rule, then they will break two, and then three, and until there are no rules at all.

Kudos to you clifbar. Fight the good fight!

Last edited by rukawa; 02-16-08 at 10:13 PM.
rukawa is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:17 PM
  #167  
riddei
Needing more power Scotty
 
riddei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern New England (USA)
Posts: 588

Bikes: 2006 Trek T-80 (commuter) 1982 Bianchi SS (classic 12 speed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry, perhaps it is years of boating that is motivating my logic. There is a rule that you cannot find in International Boating Regulations, but it's universally known among sailors as the Gross Tonnage Rule. Simply stated, the Gross Tonnage Rule goes something like this: If a vessel is bigger (and/or faster) than you are, keep out of its way.
riddei is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:24 PM
  #168  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rukawa View Post
I don't believe clifbar is an idiot. He was not wrong, period. He obeyed the law and exercised his right.
This is ********.

When are you going to learn that "exercising your rights" can get you killed?

What the **** does that prove? What problem does that solve?

What the hell are you going to do as a cyclist when you're dead?

Stupid. Just stupid. What a waste.

I have to remind myself that it's true -- there are jackass cyclists out there, just like there are jackass drivers.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:27 PM
  #169  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riddei View Post
Um, yes there is a big difference in a plow-truck with multiple blades on the ground throwing snow and a passanger car.



vs.

Exactly.

This is one of the stupidest "I was exercising my cyclist rights, and the other guy was completely wrong" arguments I've ever seen or heard of.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:35 PM
  #170  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951 View Post
While it's behind you, what is the difference? Once it's passing you, then yes, things change. But, in my opinion, because things are so different when a plow is passing you, it's all the more reason to be in control on the situation when one comes up behind you.
"In control" does not mean "making the other guy do what you want him to do."

It means knowing your options -- can you stay where you are, should you change your course, how should you change your course, do you have an escape plan if things go wrong, etc.

The plow was behind this joker for a long time. He had plenty of opportunities to adjust. He could've even parked himself in front of one of those parked cars -- the plow can't hit him there unless it was driven by a psychopath, and it may have even shielded him from the slush & snow a little bit.

But noooooooooo... he had to pull the advocate-gone-militant crap and say, effectively, "I can be here because the law says so, so **** you and **** your plow!"
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 10:45 PM
  #171  
riddei
Needing more power Scotty
 
riddei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern New England (USA)
Posts: 588

Bikes: 2006 Trek T-80 (commuter) 1982 Bianchi SS (classic 12 speed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gross Tonnage Rule visual aid:



By the way, I own this T-shirt.
riddei is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 11:01 PM
  #172  
rukawa
Member
 
rukawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
This is ********.

When are you going to learn that "exercising your rights" can get you killed?
What the **** does that prove? What problem does that solve?
What the hell are you going to do as a cyclist when you're dead?
Stupid. Just stupid. What a waste.
I have to remind myself that it's true -- there are jackass cyclists out there, just like there are jackass drivers.
Have you considered the fact that he may not know what was coming? that he had given the plow driver the benefit of doubt that the driver was going to obey the law like he was supposed to?

How it happened is already history. The fact is it happened and now he is fighting with the city to at least raise awareness of this unlawfulness. Isn't that worth applauding? No one should gamble with their lives, and neither was he. If he knew what the plow truck driver was going to pull on him then he could've very well gotten off the road. Still that does not give the truck driver the right to blow right past him with so little clearance. If you ask him now whether he would ride in front of a plow truck knowingly that he would be run over, I believe any rational person would say no.

As a cyclist you have also benefited from the laws established by the many pioneers before you. Many of which lost their lives in accidents which in turn lead to new legislation and better definition of the laws. Here I stress accident, clifbar was fortunate to live through it. Why are you condemning him for an accident? or perhaps it would be more appropriate to call him ******** when he was actually killed by the plow.

The laws in clifbar's city clearly stated who had the right of way in that situation. There is no ambiguity.

I think the right thing to say to clifbar is, "Glad you are ok. For you safety, perhaps it would be a good idea not to ride in the snow with a plow truck trailing you. Hope you have a positive outcome in your fight with the city and police department."
rukawa is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 11:03 PM
  #173  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rukawa View Post
I think the right thing to say to clifbar is, "Glad you are ok. For you safety, perhaps it would be a good idea not to ride in the snow with a plow truck trailing you. Hope you give up your pointless fight with the city and police department since they can't understand why you were such an idiot, either."
Fixed.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 11:06 PM
  #174  
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.
 
BarracksSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 13,854

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rukawa View Post
Have you considered the fact that he may not know what was coming?
He said that he knew there was a plow coming up behind him.
BarracksSi is offline  
Old 02-16-08, 11:11 PM
  #175  
riddei
Needing more power Scotty
 
riddei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern New England (USA)
Posts: 588

Bikes: 2006 Trek T-80 (commuter) 1982 Bianchi SS (classic 12 speed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rukawa View Post
I think the right thing to say to clifbar is, "Glad you are ok. For you safety, perhaps it would be a good idea not to ride in the snow with a plow truck trailing you. Hope you have a positive outcome in your fight with the city and police department.
I agree with you accept for his attitude as evidenced by his quote below...

Originally Posted by clifbar View Post
And there is no way I'm going to stop and get off the road for traffic that is 1/2 block behind me.
Why is it my responsibility to get out of the way.
riddei is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.