Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Central NJ

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Central NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-15, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Central NJ

Hello,

My name is Ed. I live in the Bayshore New Jersey (Exit 117) area. My wife and I recently bought two Giant Sedona DX bikes (I wanted the cheapest bike from a quality manufacturer, but now that I've read a few posts, I'm sure if I made the correct choice).

My wife and I are late 20's and have a good bit of weight to lose. We haven't really been on bicycles since our early teens before we got our licenses. We've taken some rides up and down the Henry Hudson Trail, and took a beach day trip to Sandy Hook. That Highlands hill is a killer for someone like me. At the End of the day, the 20+ mile trip was impressive on my wife's app, although it took a lot out of us, especially with sitting in the heat on the beach.

Not sure what our "plan" is, mainly just get more active and try something new for fun.

I've been looking at a lot of blogs and websites because I have an interest in bike-camping.

We will be trying our first overnight in Sandy Hook this week. I've picked up a bunch of light weight camping gear and some cheap panniers for the bikes.

Also thinking about doing an overnight in Cheesequake State park.

Here is a pic from our beach day. (I've since changed out the rear baskets on my bike for panniers, and now I have a cheap rack on the front).

I originally got directed to this site from the Fat Guy Across America Facebook Pages.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
unnamed.jpg (101.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-10-15, 02:29 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.2, Ridley Xfire, Giant Propel, KHS AeroComp

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike and new adventures... keep it fun.
Old 08-10-15, 08:35 PM
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3111 Post(s)
Liked 6,703 Times in 3,841 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. We're glad that you found us.