Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

nebill in question

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

nebill in question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
nebill in question

I have marvelled by reading Nebill's posts about commuting. Nebill gives wonderful detail on how he gets on his bike and turns a seven mile commute into a 27 mile commute just for fun.

Man! Somethimes he goes for a spin on his bike and it turns into a 40+ mile "three-hour-tour".

Well, just this morning, I was commuting to work when a Harley Davidson thundered up next to me as I waited at a stop sign. I looked over and to my great surprise and delight, it appeared to be NEBILL!!! Yes, OUR Nebill from BikeForums.com. I recognized him from his avatar under his name.

I looked at him and shouted "Nebill, Nebill!! Where is your bicycle, Nebill?!!" He looked at me strangely and then started to speed off. I peddled furiously to catch up with him, but he was too fast on that Harley.

However, I did catch up with him at the next light. Barely able to catch my breath, I gasped out, "Nebill, Nebill, what's the rush? Where are you going?" Nebill looked at me in a "don't touch me" kind of way, and said, "I'm headed to work, Pal" as if to mean something else.

Then he roared off again. I sped after him unsuccessfully. Finally, a big orange Schneider Trucking semi pulled between us and I realized it was futile to try to catch him.

"What a strange meeting", I thought. I thought Nebill would have been a lot happier to meet someone from the forums. Then I realized that I HAD NOT INTRODUCED MYSELF as "Mike" from bikeforums.com and I didn't have a bikeforums.com jersey or T-shirt on either. He must have thought I was just some kind of nut. It suddenly occurred to me how funny it must have been and I fell right down onto the curb with my feet still strapped into the toe clips and laughed like like like nuts!

Another thought then struck my brain. Nebill was a LONG way from home. In fact, he must have been about 2,000 miles away from home.

What the hey... And it all became clear. Nebill obviously thinks this is a Motorcycle forum! That clearly accounts for the enormous miles he is reporting. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon find a post from him claiming his first 2,000 mile commute.

So, Nebill, if you are reading this, let me say It was ME who was chasing you on your Harley Davidson motorcycle. Yes, I was the crazy bicyclist! . Oh ya, I hope you think it was funny now as I did then.

Also, Nebill, this is a bicycle forum, not a motorcycle forum. We love you and your colorful posts, but from now on, try bicycling and posting the posts of your Bicycle commutes. Maybe you will only cover say 7 to 10 miles, but you will see a lot of stuff and you will meet other bikers who might recognize you as Nebill from bikeforums.com
Old 07-17-01, 03:36 PM
Carfree since '82. Grrr!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mike, your post points out once again that WE NEED OUR BIKE FORUMS T SHIRTS AND/OR JERSEYS NOW!!!
Old 07-17-01, 03:59 PM
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mike, LOL!

Jon, im working on it
Old 07-17-01, 04:49 PM

Bikes: '76 Schwinn Paramout (Liberty) and an '89 Paramount (ol' Blue)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL!!! Well, I will admit that I have ridden a Harley...from 1977 to 1979...it was owned by the City I worked for as a cop! But, my only cycles now are my trusty Roubaix and my poor neglected Sagres!
They say everyone has a twin...maybe you met mine!
By the way, you really have good eyes if you could recognize me from that avatar! I have been meaning to make it a little bigger, but just have never gotten around to it. I like posting here, and didn't want to scare anyone off with my picture!
Honest, all of my adventures take place on the back of one of my Fujis (well, not ALL of my adventures, those are for another forum! )
Yes, I look forward to posting about my first 2k! I may be nuts, but I doubt if it will be a commute...of course, never say never.. My Roubaix will pass it's one K here in a couple of days...it is sitting here next to my desk with 933 miles on it...and ready to go!! My legs passed 1k a short time ago! Having my bike sitting where I can see it is probably not such a good idea...has a negative impact on my productivity!
And Mike, anytime you find yourself cycling the 34 miles between Cambridge, NE and Oxford Junction, if you see a black and white Roubaix, you can bet I will happy to ride with you!! (My commute is on the 7 miles right in the middle...but you never know where I will be in that area!!) Betcha don't have to yell twice, either! It would be my honor and pleasure to share the road with anyone from this fine community!
Thanks for the laugh, Mike!!
:thumbup:
Old 07-17-01, 05:17 PM
Carfree since '82. Grrr!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Joe Gardner

Jon, im working on it
Thanks, Joe. And sorry--I didn't mean to SHOUT!!!
Old 07-17-01, 09:23 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So, Nebill, I guess you are saying that wasn't you I saw on the Harley?

I was going to ask you about that naked lady tattoo with the word "Mother" written above it on your left arm. I was thinking that is why you show your right arm in the photo.

Well, hmmm, if you say it wasn't you then I guess it wasn't, but hmm.
Old 07-17-01, 10:17 PM

Bikes: '76 Schwinn Paramout (Liberty) and an '89 Paramount (ol' Blue)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope, Mike, it was not me! If I could afford a Harley, I would be riding new bikes instead of used ones! (Although, I am not complaining, my Fujis have really been good pieces of equipment!)

I guess I better fix that picture...it shows my only tattoo, two hearts. Sorry, no Mom tat!

Well, better shove off to bed...gotta get some rest so I can take one of my wondering rides in the morning...I want to hit 1k on the Roubaix by Friday!!
Old 07-17-01, 10:22 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally posted by nebill
I guess I better fix that picture...it shows my only tattoo, two hearts. Sorry, no Mom tat!

Well, better shove off to bed...gotta get some rest so I can take one of my wondering rides in the morning...I want to hit 1k on the Roubaix by Friday!!
Is that a tattoo? I thought it was a hickey. Yup, need to enlarge the avatar, Nebill.

Hey, good luck on reaching 1,000 miles by Friday. Update us with the glorius details for which you are known.
Old 07-18-01, 09:03 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waitaminit!!!

You could very well have seen nebill's Evil Twin! One thing that 42 years of television have taught me is that every hero has a doppleganger. Here's how to tell:

1. The guy was riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. That's an Evil Twin's ride, complete with Evil (Evo?) Twin power.

2. Did the guy have SOME facial hair? JUST sideburns, JUST a goatee, or JUST a Fu Manchu 'stache are dead giveaways. (Hirsute guys' Evil Twins are cue-ball bald, with elegant pointy Van ****s.)

3. Did he utter the phrases "Curse you!", "I shall soon have what's rightfully mine!", "Feel my wrath!" or any other TV bad guy words?

4. Clothes. He was wearing black, mayhaps?

Evil Twin sightings are not that rare, but seeing the E.T. of someone you know, well, that can be exciting! I've never seen my own Evil Twin, but I know he's out there... just by the way that bar and restaurant personnel, as well as cops... all treat me.

On a very closely related note... You say this guy was on a Harley, and you couldn't keep up with him on your bicycle? Man, you musta not tried very hard. Those things are moped-slooooooooow!!!

Old 07-18-01, 03:27 PM
Carfree since '82. Grrr!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've never seen my evil twin, either, but some mornings I'd swear I am my evil twin.