Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Edge 305 Distance

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Garmin Edge 305 Distance

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garmin Edge 305 Distance

I have just got the Garmin and have been playing with it for a few days. On my display I have : Speed, Time of day, Elv, and distance but I can not get the distance to work.

Yestday the distance went into the total history, but nothing for the day or week and todays ride did not record anyting. I read the directions, Im sure it is simple that I am just missing or skipped over. Any help would be great.

Thanks Scott
Old 07-02-07, 03:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hit "Start" before you begin your ride...

Just don't ask why I know
Old 07-13-07, 07:10 AM

Bikes: Moots Mooto-X among others

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wlm2048
Hit "Start" before you begin your ride...

Just don't ask why I know
Don't laugh, you would be amazed at how often this happens... Some things are just not that intuitive to some folks. Food for thought!
  • LUPINE, AIRBIKE, MAGICSHINE, & SIGMA Lights
Check out www.geomangear.com
We Offer the Best Prices in North America...
Old 07-13-07, 08:02 AM
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, you have to a routine with this gadget. After every ride I hit stop, reset for the countdown and of course hit start before each ride. If you forget a step you will be in for a surprise when you download.

2013 Noah RS
Old 07-13-07, 08:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stonecrd
Yeah, you have to a routine with this gadget. After every ride I hit stop, reset for the countdown and of course hit start before each ride. If you forget a step you will be in for a surprise when you download.
I commute mon-fri then do group rides on Sunday. I only hit reset on monday morning and sunday morning, that way it groups the weeks commutes into one with each commute as a lap
Old 07-16-07, 10:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I successfully recall my work commute route each and every day and have never gotten lost yet.
Old 07-22-07, 12:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stonecrd
I think this procedure would solve a problem I encountered today.... but I need you to tell me how specifically to do it (I feel so bad asking, as I'm even pretty good with computer stuff).

Here's what I did:
Rode yesterday, and wasn't able to download the ride yesterday to the computer. When I rode today, all my data was appended to yesterdays ride. I want them to be separate in Training Center and motionbased, but I can't see a way to make them separate. If not, then ok, but please tell me how I can prevent this next time.

I think you're saying to push the "reset" button, correct? I can't even see how. Since it's written in red, I'd assume it's sort of a "function" button, to be pressed in conjunction with another button... in this case, the power button. I can't get it to work that way.

Anyway, is there a way to make it separate the rides, without connecting it to a computer in the meantime? I hope my question makes sense.
Old 07-22-07, 01:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, I figured out the use of the lap/reset button.

When button is pushed, it's set to zero... is previous data kept, or is it removed? Thanks!