Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Bailey

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bailey

I just bought a bike from these guys and I have to rave about it a little. I have a stable of bikes and I have rarely had good experiences in customer support from start to finish of my purchases - not the case here as it was a good experience all around.

I think I sent about 15 emails with prompt replys from John Bailey himself. Dude is an engineer but is more like a bike racer that decided he needed a real job someday and went to engineering school.

Anyway, I got the "O'Brien" aluminum/carbon cross frame and it handles like a dream - somewhere between the old-school cross bikes that turn like crap and a hyper-edgy road bike. He said that was the goal in choosing angles more like the road bikes to create a bike that would carve and behave predictably. I think he and the co-owner are both racing UCI Pro events...

Anyway - check them out: www.bailey-bikes.com

Last edited by crossmoto; 06-05-08 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-05-08, 10:15 AM
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You have to understand that people who post raving reviews on their very first post here are viewed with extreme "SHILL" suspicion.

Hope you enjoy your new bike, however.

They certainly look sexy and fast, as most bikes should at that price range.
Old 06-07-08, 07:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but what is "SHILL"?

Did I violate some user agreement by posting that I had a good experience with a bike purchase? I just happened upon this forum for the first time a week ago...if I violated some rule, please pull my post off the forum.

Thanks
Old 06-09-08, 08:07 AM
Chicago needs more hills.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
from wiki: "A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer."
Old 06-09-08, 08:53 AM
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crossmoto

Did I violate some user agreement by posting that I had a good experience with a bike purchase? I just happened upon this forum for the first time a week ago...if I violated some rule, please pull my post off the forum.

Thanks
No Rules violated. And it is nice to have new members. We just don't know how much stock to put in your recommendation since we don't know you or wether or not you are really just an average customer.

Of course, sticking around and contributing to all sorts of discussion would be great. Most shills come, drop their message, and then really don't contribut otherwise.

Not saying you are, just saying it looks suspicious.
Old 06-09-08, 09:05 AM
jack of one or two trades

Bikes: Old-ass gearie hardtail MTB, fix-converted Centurion LeMans commuter, SS hardtail monster MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks
Being overly defensive is another surefire sign of a shill.
Old 06-09-08, 09:28 AM
shoot up or shut up.

Bikes: yes please.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
15!! emails to buy a non-custom bike!!!? no wonder you typically don't have good experiences with customer support.
Old 06-12-08, 12:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not being defensive - just not wanting to break any "rules" since it is my first post here. This is the internet - I could care less what you think of "crossmoto".

15 emails you can understand due to this being a "new brand" that I have never heard of. I am picky and it usually means I am unsatisfied when all is said and done. No reviews on the web or in magazines and no shops to go try it out - I better damn well ask a lot of questions.

Any forum that has a "cyclocross" section is cool in my book. You should see me around more often.

My only complaint about my bike so far is that it has downtube cable routing. I would rather just have them all on top - not sure why companies do this on cyclocross frames - any idea?
Old 06-14-08, 07:33 AM

Bikes: Moots CX, Redline CX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any forum that has a "cyclocross" section is cool in my book. You should see me around more often.

My only complaint about my bike so far is that it has downtube cable routing. I would rather just have them all on top - not sure why companies do this on cyclocross frames - any idea?
Cheers!

Some manufacturers split up the cable routing between the top tube and downtube to "declutter" the toptube during shouldering. Still a stupid reason in my opinion, but I guess that means they've got the consumer in mind...
Old 07-04-08, 10:44 AM

Bikes: Bailey TT, Road and Cross - all prototypes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,

I received an email from a friend telling me about this tread. I have actually been somewhat afraid to post since I myself don't have a history here.

Thanks for the kind words crossmoto - I think I remember who you are. Don't overplay the UCI pro thing although I am always psyched to get lapped by Tim Johnson or Trebon

With our engineering degrees and 'cross experience, I hope to contribute to the cross world with something other than a dressed down touring bike with cantis! We are a CROSS company. Period.
Old 07-04-08, 03:38 PM

Bikes: Steelman eurocross, Surly CrossCheck, IRO Rob Roy...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3K(ish) for a Force build with carbon tubulars isn't a bad deal.
Old 07-04-08, 04:34 PM
Acquiring new target....

Bikes: Trek XO-1, Gary Fisher Rig

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's got typical LeMond geometry.

Hrm. I'm intrigued.