Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Parking overnight in random garage (SF)?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-09, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've been taking the transbay to get into SF each day (I live in Berkeley), but I find that there are not always enough bike racks. In particular, coming back at ~ 5 pm, I sometimes can't take the bus I want since two bikes are already on the rack. I think the easiest solution for me would be to just lock up my bike overnight in a random garage (this is somewhat near downtown SF). SF is kind enough to provide a list and map of places that provide parking: https://www.sfmta.com/cms/bpark/3840.html

Has anyone tried simply locking up a bike in a garage that he/she has no relationship with? I'm hoping I can find a rack in a garage that's not too crowded. I would be willing to pay for a bike locker, but the transbay's under construction and that sfmta site says the bike locker at the transbay is down until ~2014.
Old 06-09-09, 08:17 PM
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
I would just buy a folder that could be taken on the bus or Bart.