Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Brava for $100 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Bianchi Brava for $100 good deal?

This guy is selling a Bianchi on CLs. Not much information has been given except that it will probably need new tubes... Here are the pictures he sent. I don't know much about vintage bikes, but do you guys think its worth it? Oh the shifters say Suntour GPX along with the brakes.

Old 06-23-09, 12:24 PM
Luddite

Bikes: Univega Gran Turismo, Cannondale Synapse, Bianchi Aquiletta Folder

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If it fits you and if it's undamaged, buy it. 100$ is a bargain. Not one of the collectable ones, but it will be a fine bike.
Old 06-23-09, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeazel
If it fits you and if it's undamaged, buy it. 100$ is a bargain. Not one of the collectable ones, but it will be a fine bike.
+1. I could sell that for $200 in Tampa. Remember, a cheap bike is over priced if it doesnt fit.
Old 06-23-09, 02:54 PM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2954 Post(s)
Liked 2,984 Times in 1,522 Posts
Hello ptle I hope you bought this if it fits! that is great deal on a nice riding bike. as squeazel said it is not 'collectable' but a nice lugged frame just the same. the model year is '89 and it has an Ishiwata 022/024 double butted Chrom-moly frame in SUperSet design. Suntour GPX drivetrain and brakes, Suntour hubs and Araya CT-19 rims (if the stock wheels are still there. retail was about $650

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-23-09, 06:19 PM

Bikes: Rocky Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride a similar Bianchi with Ishiwata 022 tubing but mine has Suntour cyclone components.

As others have said it's not something collectors will covet, but it's a fine bike that will ride great and the components will essentially last forever. By all means buy it if it is your size.
Old 06-23-09, 08:42 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I bought it! It fits me perfectly too. 52cm frame. The bike is in pretty good condition with the exception some light scratches. The brakes and shifters are in great condition though. The bike also came with a rear Maxxis Detonator tire and a Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase front tire (that one looks new too).

I'm pretty excited. It's my first steel bike. My other bike a 1988 Trek 1200 is a 54cm aluminum bike. I got a excellent deal on that one at $135. It's a little too big though.

Here is a pictures. It's crap though because it was from my cell phone.

Old 06-23-09, 09:04 PM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2954 Post(s)
Liked 2,984 Times in 1,522 Posts
Hello again ptle. take my word for it your Trek will become a dust collector. once you try a good lugged steel frame it hard to go back. I seen to ride my steel bikes more than my Ti even though it has the RECORD group I always wanted. the steel just feels better. enjoy it!
OH just incase you get the urge to 'Bianchi up' https://www.bianchiusa.com/store.html

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-24-09, 09:51 AM
Steel Member

Bikes: N + 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
contrats on the bike. I'd inquired also...but really I needed a 55cm frame & really wanted celeste & Columbus tubing....not that either are essential for enjoying a steel bike. +1 on the steel....feels great, rides great and imho the weight difference is negligable for my own consumption. Enjoy it! Hope I'll see you on it out on the roads here i K-town.