Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Confente..Stolen bike maybe in Italy

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

for those that remember the number 11 confente stolen from American Cyclery in SF? Well i may have found out where it is. I was browsing the web when under ciclorestauri... i saw a number 11 confente which says the owner inherited it. the guy is in italy somewhere. not sure how many #11 confentes' there are out there but i called em up at Amer. cyclery just to let em know. Interesting to see what happens.
Old 03-26-11, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
The owner of the Ciclorestauri.it website is a naturopath by the name of Carol Saito. He is located in Verona Italy. The bikes that he lists on his website are not necessarily his as he has volunteered to do a sort of Confente registry. I do not find anything relating to number 11, perps you could list some kind of link.
Old 03-26-11, 03:15 PM
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked 4,470 Times in 2,118 Posts
https://www.ciclorestauri.it/bici-e-c...nglish-version

Scroll down to "curiosities," between the photos and the article:

The “Confente” bicycle with frame n. 11 is currently (November 2009) in Trento and was inherited by a private citizen;
-Kurt

Old 03-26-11, 03:26 PM

Bikes: '39 Hobbs, '58 Marastoni, '73 Italian custom, '75 Wizard, '76 Wilier, '78 Tom Kellogg, '79 Colnago Super, '79 Sachs, '81 Masi Prestige, '82 Cuevas, '83 Picchio Special, '84 Murray-Serotta, '85 Trek 170, '89 Bianchi, '90 Bill Holland, '94 Grandis

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
As noted on the page, there's a difference between frame number "11" and frame number "011" which could come into play here.
The bike from American Cyclery, stolen in '98, was silver blue with yellow graphics and chrome lugs.
Old 03-26-11, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Picchio Special
As noted on the page, there's a difference between frame number "11" and frame number "011" which could come into play here.
The bike from American Cyclery, stolen in '98, was silver blue with yellow graphics and chrome lugs.
good point. i remember a year or so ago, there was a confente someone had that was very big he owned that was number 11 although it was not the same one that was stolen. also, i wouldnt expect to find that stolen confente painted the same as when american cyclery owned it. that would not be too smart.....but then again....its not too smart getting it registered either!!!