Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Nakamura questions

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-11, 09:31 PM

Bikes: Many. Ralieigh sports`s, Raleigh Superbe, sears Spaceliner, Firestone supercruisers, many vintage mountain bikes, random cruisers, and other unique bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

You know, When people look at a nakamura they see a giant piece of plastic garbage, however before winter last year I found this in the trash.

What would I rather ride? This nakamura or my few grand bike, week later I sold the high end one because I loved this Nakamura, However some parts do need changing, I've upgraded it, With vintage parts of course but theres one big road block. I do wanna change my fork. it's threaded but it's bigger then a threadless, i've never seen this before, even the headset is weird, the top nut/bearing glide nut thing is the cup and the other half is on the headtube, it takes caged and none caged bearings,

The question is where would I find a fork, I was thinking a cannondale headshock because they have bigger fork tubes, I have a new one offered to me for a very good deal.

Even the seatpole is interesting, it also looks like a weapon.

In a nutshell I love this bicycle and do wanna make it slightly better, the colors and the decals remind me of space invader!

Old 03-28-11, 12:35 AM

Bikes: Serotta Davis Phinney, 1992 Serotta T Max,1984 Specialized Allez, Olmo, 1974 Strawberry,Redline bmx, ect.,

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a regular headset and looks like 1 1/8" but the top nut if it is a 32mm nut it is 1". If it is a 36mm nut it is 1 1/8".
Old 03-28-11, 08:24 AM

Bikes: Many. Ralieigh sports`s, Raleigh Superbe, sears Spaceliner, Firestone supercruisers, many vintage mountain bikes, random cruisers, and other unique bikes.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
A threadless steertube fits into mine lol. I thought it was kinda weird, I'll look at it today
Old 03-28-11, 08:50 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
So.. Yeah and finding a replacement stem is also a pain, mine has some personal info of the last owner on it. anyway heres a lovely picture of a threadless fork in my fork, It's a perfect fit, the fork is same size as my stem, I wonder if cannondale headshock will fit.

Sadly I used it abit in the winter before noticing how much I like it, paints still like new but a few things got justy, most is being changed anyway. I gots me a purty sachs 7 speed freewheel for it already and other stuffs