Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Anyone using a Voodoo Zombie 500 fork?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-14, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys,

This might be better served to post over on the mtbr forum but I had so much help here when I bought my bike I figured I'd ask.

I've got a 2014 Spec Hardrock with a matte black/red frame. Looking to get rid of the awful Suntour XTC fork and grab a cromoly rigid fork. Been looking at surly, kona p2, etc. Basically, I ran across the Voodoo 500 and it looks like a perfect fit. I like that the V brake mounts are removable.

My question is whether this is a gloss or satin finish? Does anyone know? I've seen some pics online that make me think it's satin/matte black but then some others (possibly of an older model) make it look gloss. I'd prefer it be satin/matte to match the frame. Otherwise I have to factor in powdercoating to match the frame. Probably not a big deal for most but this isn't an offroad build. It's a commuter and I'm overly OCD about the look of the bike.

Thanks!
Old 07-24-14, 01:08 PM

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix - Soma Double Cross Disc - Pivot Mach 429SL - Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy - Specialized Carve SL - Trek Farley 7 - GT Dyno VFR

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
make sure they actual have the fork. I tried to get one and it was on back-order indefinitely, because Voodoo was going out of business. I eventually gave up and bought a Surly Krampus fork.
Old 07-24-14, 01:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowride454
make sure they actual have the fork. I tried to get one and it was on back-order indefinitely, because Voodoo was going out of business. I eventually gave up and bought a Surly Krampus fork.
They've got them in stock at Jenson but the photo is wrong. They've only got the disc version (the version pictured has canti mounts that can be removed), so the one I'm debating has straight forks with a 43mm offset rather than the "raked" look of the one pictured. Jenson can't say what it'll look like when I get it and I've seen photos that lead me to believe it'll be a coin toss - some look satin, some look glossy.
Old 07-24-14, 03:06 PM
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Old 07-24-14, 03:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dminor
I kry(lon) every time.

I was hoping to avoid that. If that's the case, I'm going to have it powder coated. The last time I tried to sand, prime, and paint something it started flaking after a month. I will have dropped nearly 1k on this bike if I proceed with ordering the fork. For me, that's a lot of money for a bike. May as well make it look as complete as possible.