Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

which brakes should pinarello dogma f10 vim use?

Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

which brakes should pinarello dogma f10 vim use?

Old 05-14-19, 10:04 PM
  #1  
cycling2012
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111

Bikes: Merida x-fit 2010;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
which brakes should pinarello dogma f10 vim use?

which brakes should pinarello dogma f10 vim use?
my frameset is pinarello dogma f10 vim brake wiggins,and will buy super record 12 speed mechanical vim version.
so the brake of sr 12 shoud be direct mount or dual pivot ?
cycling2012 is offline  
Old 05-14-19, 11:07 PM
  #2  
jimc101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,438
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If you asking this question, it indicates your already out of your depth when it comes to building bikes (and for a frame like this, you really don't want to be out of your depth, it's not one to learn on), for these frames cost, take it to a good LBS and get them to build it.

For the brake type, look at the hole (singular) and it tell you all you need to know.
jimc101 is offline  
Likes For jimc101:
Old 05-14-19, 11:30 PM
  #3  
cycling2012
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111

Bikes: Merida x-fit 2010;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimc101 View Post
If you asking this question, it indicates your already out of your depth when it comes to building bikes (and for a frame like this, you really don't want to be out of your depth, it's not one to learn on), for these frames cost, take it to a good LBS and get them to build it.

For the brake type, look at the hole (singular) and it tell you all you need to know.
Single hole is direct mount right?
cycling2012 is offline  
Old 05-15-19, 04:18 AM
  #4  
alcjphil
Senior Member
 
alcjphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,926
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cycling2012 View Post
Single hole is direct mount right?
Wrong.

Last edited by alcjphil; 05-15-19 at 12:50 PM.
alcjphil is offline  
Old 05-15-19, 06:12 AM
  #5  
HillRider 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 31,458

Bikes: '''96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '12 Surly Pacer, All are 3x8,9 or 10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
I agree if you have to ask this question, you don't know enough to build up this bike yourself. You will save both money and time by having a good bike shop provide the parts and do the build.
HillRider is offline  
Old 05-15-19, 08:16 AM
  #6  
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 41,572

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6744 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 158 Times in 134 Posts
Drop it off at a Professional Bike Shop ,, tell them what brand of parts you prefer..

Campagnolo, Shimano or SRAM.

"Single hole is direct mount right?" NO, wrong terminology ..

you want a traditional single center bolt on side pull ...see brand list above..

'direct mount'

vs

Last edited by fietsbob; 05-16-19 at 08:51 AM.
fietsbob is offline  
Likes For fietsbob:
Old 05-15-19, 05:12 PM
  #7  
TakingMyTime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Alamitos, Calif.
Posts: 1,264

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX, 5200 & 7700

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jimc101 View Post
If you asking this question, it indicates your already out of your depth when it comes to building bikes (and for a frame like this, you really don't want to be out of your depth, it's not one to learn on), for these frames cost, take it to a good LBS and get them to build it.

For the brake type, look at the hole (singular) and it tell you all you need to know.
Originally Posted by HillRider View Post
I agree if you have to ask this question, you don't know enough to build up this bike yourself. You will save both money and time by having a good bike shop provide the parts and do the build.
In your other post you also were having a problem with the authenticity of this frame. Regardless of that issue.... by the level and depth of your question I would seriously think about having a realiable shop build this for you. You can have your fun and buy the parts yourself, but I would not attempt the assembly. You could ruin the frame by simply not knowing the correct torque values for a component or part and basically break the frame and render it useless.
TakingMyTime is offline  
Old 05-15-19, 06:13 PM
  #8  
AnkleWork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Llano Estacado
Posts: 3,303

Bikes: old clunker

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Awww everybody lighten up. It's just an ego thread so the OP can brag about his new expensive toy, like many others in these forums (fantasy problems, non-questions, chat, etc.).
AnkleWork is offline  
Likes For AnkleWork:
Old 05-15-19, 06:29 PM
  #9  
HillRider 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 31,458

Bikes: '''96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '12 Surly Pacer, All are 3x8,9 or 10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AnkleWork View Post
Awww everybody lighten up. It's just an ego thread so the OP can brag about his new expensive toy, like many others in these forums (fantasy problems, non-questions, chat, etc.).
There may be threads like that but I don't think this is one of them. A show-off would have asked about specific, expensive brakes, not the basic question the OIP asked.
HillRider is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 12:14 AM
  #10  
cycling2012
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111

Bikes: Merida x-fit 2010;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
Drop it off at a Professional Bike Shop ,, tell them what brand of parts you prefer..

Campagnolo, Shimano or SRAM.

"Single hole is direct mount right?" NO, wrong terminology ..

you want a traditional single center bolt on side pull ...see brand list above..
cycling2012 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 12:17 AM
  #11  
cycling2012
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111

Bikes: Merida x-fit 2010;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime View Post
In your other post you also were having a problem with the authenticity of this frame. Regardless of that issue.... by the level and depth of your question I would seriously think about having a realiable shop build this for you. You can have your fun and buy the parts yourself, but I would not attempt the assembly. You could ruin the frame by simply not knowing the correct torque values for a component or part and basically break the frame and render it useless.
I see youtube videos,I want to try........
cycling2012 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 07:17 AM
  #12  
HillRider 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 31,458

Bikes: '''96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '12 Surly Pacer, All are 3x8,9 or 10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Yes, those are the correct brakes. By the way, the correct word is "rim" brakes. They are calipers that clamp on the wheel rim, as apart from disc brakes.
HillRider is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 07:46 AM
  #13  
jimc101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,438
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider View Post
Yes, those are the correct brakes. By the way, the correct word is "rim" brakes. They are calipers that clamp on the wheel rim, as apart from disc brakes.
The original question was about direct mount vs dual pivot, both types of rim brakes, just saying 'rim' brakes is exactly the wrong answer, as there are different types which fit different frames.
jimc101 is offline  
Old 05-16-19, 09:44 AM
  #14  
HillRider 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 31,458

Bikes: '''96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '12 Surly Pacer, All are 3x8,9 or 10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jimc101 View Post
The original question was about direct mount vs dual pivot, both types of rim brakes, just saying 'rim' brakes is exactly the wrong answer, as there are different types which fit different frames.
I know what the original question was and that has been answered adequately by several other posters. I was correcting his typo. The OP is clearly not a native English speaker.
HillRider is offline  
Old 05-19-19, 09:59 PM
  #15  
cycling2012
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111

Bikes: Merida x-fit 2010;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimc101 View Post
The original question was about direct mount vs dual pivot, both types of rim brakes, just saying 'rim' brakes is exactly the wrong answer, as there are different types which fit different frames.
Originally Posted by HillRider View Post
I know what the original question was and that has been answered adequately by several other posters. I was correcting his typo. The OP is clearly not a native English speaker.
Thank you two guys,it's helpful.
cycling2012 is offline  
Likes For cycling2012:
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
gmm213
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
11
05-24-15 02:27 PM
F4iGuy
Classic & Vintage
60
06-09-11 07:37 PM
procrit
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing
22
02-22-10 06:52 PM
calamarichris
Southern California
8
12-03-09 08:07 AM
bayareawheeler
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing
11
01-16-07 11:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.