Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

BB Question w/ Picture

Old 04-30-06, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BB Question w/ Picture

A few questions about this BB:
1. What type of BB is this (is there a proper name)?
2. How do I remove it (what tools do I need)?
3. Can I replace this BB with a more modern cartridge type one?

Thanks very much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Photo_043006_004.jpg (80.1 KB, 28 views)
Leviathan is offline  
Old 04-30-06, 05:21 PM
A little North of Hell
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
looks to be a cup and cone loose bearing type BB.
you will need a spanner wrench.
the last part of your Q will have to be answered by the vets on this forum.
they will need more info like make, model and year.
Soil_Sampler is offline  
Old 04-30-06, 05:24 PM
Obeying Gravity
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 2,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler
you will need a spanner wrench.
Or just a flat head and a hammer
MattP. is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.