Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Bottom Bracket Installation

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Bottom Bracket Installation

Old 01-09-15, 06:20 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KSA
Posts: 34

Bikes: '12 Ridley Damocles - '14 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod - '16 TCR Adv. SL (crashed) - '17 TCR Adv. SL

Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Bottom Bracket Installation

Hello!!

I just bought a new frameset. It has the BB30 bottom bracket. To my surprise, there is no place to hold the bottom bracket bearing and I have no idea what I need to install the bottom bracket. Please, refer to the pics and advise. Thank you!!
Jubail is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 06:52 AM
  #2  
Expired Member
 
shelbyfv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 11,962
Liked 5,862 Times in 2,964 Posts
No offense but you are in over your head Google BB30 and read up, check the Park Tool site, it's a whole different thing from how it used to be. What crank and BB do you have? You need a specific BB30 crank and BB or an adapter system, just for starters.
shelbyfv is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 08:05 AM
  #3  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It has a carbon shell which suggests PF30.

46mm inner diameter = PF30. 42mm inner diameter = BB30.

If 42mm inner diameter there should be a narrow groove on the inside of the shell on either side for the bearing retention clips to fit into.

EDIT: Though don't I see a carbon rentention ring inside the shell**********?
cleansoap is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 08:31 AM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KSA
Posts: 34

Bikes: '12 Ridley Damocles - '14 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod - '16 TCR Adv. SL (crashed) - '17 TCR Adv. SL

Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
No offense but you are in over your head Google BB30 and read up, check the Park Tool site, it's a whole different thing from how it used to be. What crank and BB do you have? You need a specific BB30 crank and BB or an adapter system, just for starters.
Don't worry, I'll build it and get it running myself in few months. I looked it up and found that despite it's written BB30 under the frame, it uses PF30. So, I'll check that out!! If I get a SRAM BB30 crankset, will I need adopters to install it with the PF30?
Jubail is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 09:35 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: River City, OR
Posts: 672
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jubail
Don't worry, I'll build it and get it running myself in few months. I looked it up and found that despite it's written BB30 under the frame, it uses PF30. So, I'll check that out!! If I get a SRAM BB30 crankset, will I need adopters to install it with the PF30?
I guess you could call a PF30 bottom bracket an adapter of sorts, since it allows PF30 sized frames to accept a 30mm crank. Cranks are the same for both BB30, and PF30. It's the bottom bracket which is different. You need something like this Universal Cycles -- Chris King Press Fit 30 Bottom Bracket
reddog3 is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 09:55 AM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KSA
Posts: 34

Bikes: '12 Ridley Damocles - '14 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod - '16 TCR Adv. SL (crashed) - '17 TCR Adv. SL

Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by reddog3
I guess you could call a PF30 bottom bracket an adapter of sorts, since it allows PF30 sized frames to accept a 30mm crank. Cranks are the same for both BB30, and PF30. It's the bottom bracket which is different. You need something like this Universal Cycles -- Chris King Press Fit 30 Bottom Bracket
Great! thank you!
I was looking at these two and now you added one more to the list. Do you have an experience with any of them?
Wheels Mfg PF30
bbinfinite PF30
Jubail is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cave12man
Bicycle Mechanics
3
09-02-13 09:57 AM
longwar
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
3
01-06-13 09:12 PM
steveredman4
Bicycle Mechanics
4
04-12-12 10:03 AM
NickyBoy
Framebuilders
1
11-18-11 11:44 PM
Allen
Framebuilders
3
12-09-09 04:19 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.