Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Narrowing Down New Bike Choices

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Narrowing Down New Bike Choices

Old 05-13-05, 10:27 AM
  #1  
Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17

Bikes: None yet

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Narrowing Down New Bike Choices

Just registered and would like to get some input. I'm a definite bike noob in general, haven't had one in years.

I did however take advantage of the search function in order to spare you some trouble.

My inital budget was $300 as I just need something to get me started. I've determined that a Haro will be just fine for me and they are avaliable at the local bike shop. They have a great selection and the guy that helped me is a BMX rider and seemed to know what was up.

I plan to ride primarily on the street (no dirt tracks in my area). My choices going into the bike shop were the Haro F3 and the Haro F4, I just wanted to see them and compare. The F4 was $289 which seemed to be normal. There was no price on the 2005 F3 model but they had a 2004 F3 on sale for $179 I believe (is that a super deal or not?)

After telling the employee those were the bikes I was looking at he pointed out the Mira 540 and I was intrigued and confused at the left side drive setup. He said he could get me the 540 for $330 out the door, tax included. Now my budget was $300 or less and since I'm a total noob will I see any benefit in shelling out about $30 more for the 540 over the F4 model? Or since I'm a noob should I just grab the 2004 model F3 since it seems to be so cheap?

::cliffs::

I'm a total BMX noob so I wont notice the minor differences between the F4 and F3 or even the Mira 540

Options:
2005 Haro F4 is $279
2004 Haro F3 is $179
2005 Mira 540 is $330

What would you do?
CRXican is offline  
Old 05-13-05, 03:21 PM
  #2  
Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17

Bikes: None yet

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the help

I feel so welcomed!
CRXican is offline  
Old 05-13-05, 03:41 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rosmeount Minnesota
Posts: 877

Bikes: I own 1 custom bike, and i'm to lazy to list parts

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRXican
thanks for the help

I feel so welcomed!
People don't usually reply in under 5 hours so calm down a bit.
And as for your choice, I think you would be just fine with the F4 or F4 if they're 2004 or 05 models. I am prety sure that they bolth come with tublar 3 piece cranks and for sure 4130 chromoly frames and forks. But if your price range was 300$ I don't think that there is a need for you to go above that and get the 540, because the F3 and F4's are fairly decent bikes especially for noob.
bmichaelx is offline  
Old 05-13-05, 04:04 PM
  #4  
Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17

Bikes: None yet

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I knew someone would tell me to calm down. I'm just not used to such a slow forum and it had over 20 views and no replies. No big deal I guess.

And of course, thanks for your reply. I was reading that there were changes made for the 2005 models but I'm not sure what. I'm leaning towards the 2004 year model F3 because it seems like a nice deal for under $200.
CRXican is offline  
Old 05-14-05, 03:53 PM
  #5  
Dig.
 
KinetikBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 6,168

Bikes: FTW, Gunnar Roadie, Open U.P, Gunnar Rock Hound, S&M CCR

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRXican
Just registered and would like to get some input. I'm a definite bike noob in general, haven't had one in years.

I did however take advantage of the search function in order to spare you some trouble.

My inital budget was $300 as I just need something to get me started. I've determined that a Haro will be just fine for me and they are avaliable at the local bike shop. They have a great selection and the guy that helped me is a BMX rider and seemed to know what was up.

I plan to ride primarily on the street (no dirt tracks in my area). My choices going into the bike shop were the Haro F3 and the Haro F4, I just wanted to see them and compare. The F4 was $289 which seemed to be normal. There was no price on the 2005 F3 model but they had a 2004 F3 on sale for $179 I believe (is that a super deal or not?)

After telling the employee those were the bikes I was looking at he pointed out the Mira 540 and I was intrigued and confused at the left side drive setup. He said he could get me the 540 for $330 out the door, tax included. Now my budget was $300 or less and since I'm a total noob will I see any benefit in shelling out about $30 more for the 540 over the F4 model? Or since I'm a noob should I just grab the 2004 model F3 since it seems to be so cheap?

::cliffs::

I'm a total BMX noob so I wont notice the minor differences between the F4 and F3 or even the Mira 540

Options:
2005 Haro F4 is $279
2004 Haro F3 is $179
2005 Mira 540 is $330

What would you do?
get the MIRRA %$) hands down its really nice and has lots of things that youll need to get started i have had two Haros and they both are awesome....so go with MIRRA its worth the extra money
KinetikBiker is offline  
Old 05-14-05, 09:11 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Posts: 1,734

Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRXican

I'm a total BMX noob so I wont notice the minor differences between the F4 and F3 or even the Mira 540

Options:
2005 Haro F4 is $279
2004 Haro F3 is $179
2005 Mira 540 is $330

What would you do?

if you won't notice the differences, then you should get the cheap one
queensrider86 is offline  
Old 05-15-05, 12:03 PM
  #7  
Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17

Bikes: None yet

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I appreciate the replies I finally got but they were too late, I bought the bike Saturday morning.

I got the 2004 Haro F3 for $194.84 out the door
CRXican is offline  
Old 05-15-05, 02:40 PM
  #8  
Dig.
 
KinetikBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 6,168

Bikes: FTW, Gunnar Roadie, Open U.P, Gunnar Rock Hound, S&M CCR

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRXican
I appreciate the replies I finally got but they were too late, I bought the bike Saturday morning.

I got the 2004 Haro F3 for $194.84 out the door
theres still time you can return it and fix your mistake.....get the F5 or event he F4
KinetikBiker is offline  
Old 05-15-05, 11:36 PM
  #9  
Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 17

Bikes: None yet

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KinetikBiker04
theres still time you can return it and fix your mistake.....get the F5 or event he F4
ha ha, funny

the F3 is just fine for me, I have to get used to riding a bike again so I can get some jumps and such going

being stuck on the ground is boring
CRXican is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.