Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   BMX (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/)
-   -   What do you think? (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/1105157-what-do-you-think.html)

Azamt 04-20-17 07:52 PM

What do you think?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Guys I want to know what do you think about this bike, I'm looking for a 26" bmx but no for tricks or anything like that I just like the style and the frame. I'm abou to buy this one.

EASTERN BIKES GROWLER CRUISER BMX BIKE

upzy.com/products/eastern-bikes-growler-bmx-bike?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla

dabac 04-21-17 05:31 AM

If you're not gonna use it for tricks, why buy a BMX?


BMXes are meant for short bursts of standing, high intensity riding. If thats not how youre gonna use it consider another type of bike. BMXes suck for utility and transportation riding.


But sure, if all you want to do is pootle around the block, buy whatever you want.

NormanF 04-21-17 10:47 AM

26" BMX bikes like the Fairdale Taj are made for street riding.

Small-wheel BMX bikes aren't. OP is advised to look for another kind of bike.

Azamt 04-21-17 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by NormanF (Post 19527671)
26" BMX bikes like the Fairdale Taj are made for street riding.

Small-wheel BMX bikes aren't. OP is advised to look for another kind of bike.

And what kind of bike do you recommend me that looks like this bike? I'm skater and that's why I like the style of the bmx also I just want the bike to go to the skatepark because I dont want to go in my car.

Also I still wanted to know about this exact bike, what do you think about the parts and etc...?

NormanF 04-21-17 06:19 PM

Go with the Flyer or the Taj from Fairdale. Its CEO made it in the BMX world.

dabac 04-22-17 12:29 AM


Originally Posted by Azamt (Post 19528077)
And what kind of bike do you recommend me that looks like this bike?

For transportation riding, I can't recommend a bike looking like that.


Originally Posted by Azamt (Post 19528077)
I'm skater and that's why I like the style of the bmx also I just want the bike to go to the skatepark because I dont want to go in my car.

When you buy a car that's kinda silly for the way you use it - like buying a big SUV and never leave the tarmac, or getting a van and never carry big stuff - the main consequence is that it'll cost you more in gas.

On a kinda silly bike for your intended use, you pay for your decision in comfort, speed and endurance every time you use it. How are you planning to carry your board for instance?

Originally Posted by Azamt (Post 19528077)
... I still wanted to know about this exact bike, what do you think about the parts and etc...?

Since you're not planning to do any tricks, and it's hugely unlikely that you'll do any important mileage on it, it'll do fine with some minimum care.

Azamt 04-23-17 10:20 AM


Originally Posted by dabac (Post 19529301)
For transportation riding, I can't recommend a bike looking like that.

On a kinda silly bike for your intended use, you pay for your decision in comfort, speed and endurance every time you use it. How are you planning to carry your board for instance? I have a skateboard backpack.

Since you're not planning to do any tricks, and it's hugely unlikely that you'll do any important mileage on it, it'll do fine with some minimum care.

Thanks for help me.

TaintedRide 04-24-17 10:51 PM

I'd say that bike would be find for what you intend to ride it as. I have 2 Eastern bikes and really like them.

Have you ever ridden a 26" BMX bike?

Why is everyone acting like you can't ride a single speed bike farther than the end of your drive way? I remember having only one BMX bike 20" and I rode it everywhere. To the skatepark and back will be plenty fine.

dabac 04-25-17 03:35 AM


Originally Posted by TaintedRide (Post 19535891)
Why is everyone acting like you can't ride a single speed bike farther than the end of your drive way?

I've never said that.
Only that SS bikes in general, and bikes that don't allow efficient seated riding in particular aren't good bikes for doing longer distances.


Sure it CAN be done. People have done stranger things, crossed the Rockies on unicycles, ridden round the World on Penny-Farthings, Coast-to-coast, on a BMX, backwards. etc etc.


For most people, it's still not the best tool for the job, now when options are available.



Originally Posted by TaintedRide (Post 19535891)
I remember having only one BMX bike 20" and I rode it everywhere.


I had a 24" banana seat bike, and rode that "everywhere".
When I got a 28" 3-speed, my definition of "everywhere" suddenly became a lot bigger.


When I bought a 2x6 drop bar road bike, "everywhere" got bigger again.


Now "everywhere" is only limited by time available and interest in doing the ride.

TaintedRide 04-25-17 07:51 AM

The OP wants to ride the bike to the skatepark. I'm assuming he doesn't mean the skatepark in the next state.

It will be fine, a 26" is way more efficient than the 20" version.

Azamt 04-25-17 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by TaintedRide (Post 19536443)
The OP wants to ride the bike to the skatepark. I'm assuming he doesn't mean the skatepark in the next state.

It will be fine, a 26" is way more efficient than the 20" version.

Thats why I want a 26" because is more efficient than a 20". I've rode 20" bmx and 26" and for what I want the bike 26" is way more comfortable and faster. The thing that I'm choosing a bmx is because I love the style and why not do some bunny hop on the street even though I'm not a bmx... And the skatepark is just a 10 minutes.

Azamt 04-25-17 12:39 PM


Originally Posted by TaintedRide (Post 19535891)
I'd say that bike would be find for what you intend to ride it as. I have 2 Eastern bikes and really like them.

Have you ever ridden a 26" BMX bike?

yeah

Azamt 04-25-17 12:42 PM

My bike arrives tomorrow I'll let you know about it and I'll posting photos of the bike too

dozen_bullets 04-28-17 06:05 AM


Originally Posted by Azamt (Post 19526341)
Guys I want to know what do you think about this bike, I'm looking for a 26" bmx but no for tricks or anything like that I just like the style and the frame. I'm abou to buy this one.

EASTERN BIKES GROWLER CRUISER BMX BIKE

upzy.com/products/eastern-bikes-growler-bmx-bike?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla

Nice bike. I wish had such.

TaintedRide 04-29-17 07:07 AM


Originally Posted by Azamt (Post 19537475)
My bike arrives tomorrow I'll let you know about it and I'll posting photos of the bike too

Nice job, are you in Az by chance? Just wondering because of your user name. I'm over in Chandler

Azamt 04-29-17 11:55 AM

Here's the bike guys
 
1 Attachment(s)
Awesome bike guys. Everything work fine. The only thing that I didn't like about the bike was the stem, doesn't have too much quality in it but works fine. I just ordered an animal stem to change it.

TaintedRide 04-29-17 09:18 PM

Looks like a fun bike, nice choice!

bimmerboys 05-03-17 05:43 PM

yeahh get your manual on!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.