Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   BMX (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/)
-   -   tricks? (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/291510-tricks.html)

juiceranch 04-25-07 05:04 PM

tricks?
 
ive been trying to do a bunny hop today, i know how to do it, but i cant seem to get one thing: do i have to do a wheelie then the thing where you push forward or do i just pull the bars up? i can get like 2 inches of air only haha.

juiceranch 04-25-07 05:06 PM

i would be practicing it, but its raining here in new york. maybe im not strong enough to to tricks, i dont work out and im 5'4" and weigh 100 pounds. wow im going to work out before i practice tricks again.

sprintcarblue 04-25-07 05:37 PM

ride reallly really really really fast into a curb. it's like that.

but in all seriousnenenesss. Find a video of somebody doing a real high hopper and watch it frame by frame. Study how they move their body and manipulate the bike in order to hop as high as they do.

KinetikBiker 04-25-07 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by sprintcarblue
ride reallly really really really fast into a curb. it's like that.

DO IT YOU WONT.

Or use the search button.

You wont.

FitRider 921 04-25-07 07:44 PM

Word. The search button is your best bet.

wethepeople 04-25-07 08:36 PM

Why do people think strength matters?

tmowery18 04-25-07 09:14 PM

I think strength matters just not that much. Bunnyhops are supposed to be done mostly with momentum not strength right? But it still takes a little elbow grease in my opinion.

wethepeople 04-25-07 10:30 PM

Takes pretty much no strength, whatsoever.

FitRider 921 04-26-07 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by wethepeople
Takes pretty much no strength, whatsoever.

That's not true at all. The bike still weighs a good thirty pounds and is a big reason to why younger kids can't ride so well- they can't control the bike because it weighs more than anything they are used to using.

sprintcarblue 04-26-07 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by wethepeople
Why do people think strength matters?

because a lot of us OG riders started out riding 40+lb warpigs/porks/deebo/solids. When we get our hands on a sub 25lb bike weeeez GOT POP!

dat's dat.

krazyridr 04-26-07 04:04 PM

I learned a lot of crap from Sportskool.
http://www.sportskool.com/bmx/

wethepeople 04-26-07 05:18 PM


Originally Posted by FitRider 921
That's not true at all. The bike still weighs a good thirty pounds and is a big reason to why younger kids can't ride so well- they can't control the bike because it weighs more than anything they are used to using.

Then explain the 12 year old kids kicking ass on mountain bikes when it comes to tricks.

cwt341 04-26-07 07:23 PM

this kid that lives behind me had a DK eightpack with four pegs and he could bunny hop that thing so high and he was like 10 i think and could probably bench about 20 pounds, so strength isn't all of it

juiceranch 04-28-07 09:48 PM


Originally Posted by wethepeople
Then explain the 12 year old kids kicking ass on mountain bikes when it comes to tricks.

explanation:
um, mtb are light.

wethepeople 04-28-07 10:06 PM

Explentation: Their bikes still weigh close to 40lbs, and are a lot bigger.

eightdip 04-29-07 03:38 AM

Mtb are definatly not light. Dirt jumper forks weigh more than my frame

KinetikBiker 04-29-07 06:47 AM


Originally Posted by sprintcarblue
because a lot of us OG riders started out riding 40+lb warpigs/porks/deebo/solids.

My Solid is 5.6 :).

Shes no pig.

cwt341 04-29-07 10:24 AM

Well i can bunnyhop a lot higher on my brother's schwinn mountain back then i can on my bike.

FitRider 921 04-29-07 10:31 AM

Empire has a frame sale. The Fly Mosca 2 is really tempting.

juiceranch 04-29-07 05:41 PM


Originally Posted by wethepeople
Explentation: You are a *****. Their bikes still weigh close to 40lbs, and are a lot bigger.

Psh. What kind of mountian bikes do you people use? I had a MTB that weighed around 15 lbs less than my BMX. But my BMX is real heavy. I'm getting a new one that i already checked. its pretty light, but not as light as my MTB.

wethepeople 04-29-07 06:18 PM


Originally Posted by juiceranch
Psh. What kind of mountian bikes do you people use? I had a MTB that weighed around 15 lbs less than my BMX. But my BMX is real heavy. I'm getting a new one that i already checked. its pretty light, but not as light as my MTB.

No need to be a dick calling people *****es either.

Freeride hardtails, usually lots of aluminum with frames in the 7lb range. Usually a Marz 66 fork which also weighs around 8lb, you're also looking at about 7lbs per wheel, bars, stem and a 9 speed drive-train.

You're arguing with the wrong person boy.

FitRider 921 04-29-07 06:59 PM

All of you, be good before I have to whip out the ban stick.

MadMan2k 04-29-07 07:43 PM

I can't hop on mountain bikes, the geometry on the ones I've ridden feels terrible. Not that I would want to ride my BMX on a trail, though, they're good for that.

KinetikBiker 04-30-07 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by FitRider 921
All of you, be good before I have to whip out the ban stick.

Uh oh!

Run for cover.

eightdip 04-30-07 08:54 AM


Originally Posted by juiceranch
Psh. What kind of mountian bikes do you people use? I had a MTB that weighed around 15 lbs less than my BMX. But my BMX is real heavy. I'm getting a new one that i already checked. its pretty light, but not as light as my MTB.

BS, unless it was carbon or Ti. Therefore not a mtb


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.