Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   BMX (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/)
-   -   Check this out. (https://www.bikeforums.net/bmx/87797-check-out.html)

FLyBOy 02-13-05 10:20 PM


Originally Posted by bmexican
to hell with welgo pedals i say. that fork will break in half. most of the other parts sound pretty good. beer what the hell kind of car did u buy anyway... even a used car... for less that 1000


Wellgo pedals arn't the best, I know that now. But I think you're wrong about the fork breaking in half, that is Odyessy's strongest fork, and if that is Odyessy's strongest fork, then you know for sure that it is strong.

CMcMahon 02-14-05 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by bmexican
to hell with welgo pedals i say. that fork will break in half. most of the other parts sound pretty good. beer what the hell kind of car did u buy anyway... even a used car... for less that 1000

Actually, I didn't pay a cent for my car; I got it (1989 Honda Civic DX) for free when my grandfather died.

However, Odyssey Pro Dirt forks aren't going to break very easily; I ran them from when they first came out (sometime in 2000) until February of last year, when the bike that I had them on got stolen; I've been using Odyssey Pro Race forks for the last year, and the only problem with them is a small dent. The Pro Dirts are every bit as good as Pitchforks.

And, yes, to hell with Wellgo pedals; I've broken way too many of their platform pedals to ever recommend them to anyone.

queensrider86 02-14-05 08:55 PM


Originally Posted by FLyBOy
Ok, I probably needed to know that, thanks. And yeah, tektros are crap. When you buy better quality bike parts you don't have to replace them as quickly, but you should expect any and every bike part to break eventually. But do you really not have brakes on your bike? LOL And since you broke an S&M Pitchfork fork, they replaced it for free, didn't they? Or did you not send it in? Because S&M replaces their forks for free the first time you break them, (as long as you sent in the warranty card, or have the 'proof of purchase' receit) and then the second one you break they'll send you a new one but you have to pay for half of it. But, half off an S&M fork is definetly better than full price! And by the way, how long did that Pitchfork last you?


yea i ride brakeless. almost every street rider i know in New York rides brakeless. look at edwin delarosa. brakeless is more exciting because you can be going fast towards a rail, and you cant bail out.im riding on my second pitchfork right now.the first one lasted about two months. theres this very busy road near my house, and theres a median about 40 ft wide and 1 1/2 feet tall. theres a gap from median to median about 12 feet long.i tried to 180 it, but my front came up short, and the fork bent forward.when the new fork came, i did a 180 rollback, and i half-cabbed into a car.i didnt get hurt badly

FLyBOy 02-14-05 09:45 PM


Originally Posted by queensrider86
yea i ride brakeless. almost every street rider i know in New York rides brakeless. look at edwin delarosa. brakeless is more exciting because you can be going fast towards a rail, and you cant bail out.im riding on my second pitchfork right now.the first one lasted about two months. theres this very busy road near my house, and theres a median about 40 ft wide and 1 1/2 feet tall. theres a gap from median to median about 12 feet long.i tried to 180 it, but my front came up short, and the fork bent forward.when the new fork came, i did a 180 rollback, and i half-cabbed into a car.i didnt get hurt badly


So did they replace the second one for free?

queensrider86 02-15-05 05:04 PM

yea

FLyBOy 02-15-05 09:50 PM


Originally Posted by queensrider86
yea


Sweet, that's great! S&M must be a good company.

queensrider86 02-16-05 03:38 PM

i think its the best


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.