Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Worst wreck ever.

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Worst wreck ever.

Old 02-14-05, 01:06 PM
  #1  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worst wreck ever.

What is the worst wreck (crash) that you've ever done? I think the worst for me was when I went off of a kicker, and nosed the landing. I landed nose first, and jacknifed, then flew over the front of the bike and slammed my knees into the handler bars dang hard. The bike was fine, but my knees were swollen and bruised for three weeks. Luckily I landed in the grass though. (The reason I nosed it was because this was the first week I had my F3, and I tried a jump I wasn't ready for. Stupid I know.)
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 01:19 PM
  #2  
matt the hat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
worst i had was while learning hand rails. front peg locked up and sent me over the bars, i landed on the rail and shatered my shoulder, and ended up with my collar bone poking out the top of my shoulder, worst bit was not being able to ride for 6months.
matt the hat is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 02:11 PM
  #3  
sxe fbm rider
Senior Member
 
sxe fbm rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,259

Bikes: Fbm Night Train, Fixed Club Fuji(so sexy).

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rode up onto the "finger" spine at FDR and tried to wall ride off of it. I went higher than I was planning to and tried to turn way too tight and landed from like 11 feet on my chest. Another time, at Woodward, I coasted down a large hill and hit the outdoor resi ramp and I overshot the landed by at least 3 feet and landed front tire first and went straight to my face. I split open my eyebrow, got twisted in my bike giving me a walkman sized bruise on my leg, and I bent my kink fork dropout like 30 degrees, almost twisted my brake lever off, had my bars almost backwards.. that was the least pretty wreck I've had.
sxe fbm rider is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 02:42 PM
  #4  
CMcMahon
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,751

Bikes: Solid AA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's see... a broken knuckle, two teeth knocked back, both lips bitten through, and a concussion from a miniramp bail; a nearly knocked-out tooth from underrotating off a hip; seven sprained ankles, all on the left; bursitis of the knee from taking it on a one-footed x-up to framegrab; no-handed footjam to swellbow; recurring back pain from a gap to clueless rider to frontflip; hundreds of shinners; scar on my right hip and right elbow from a 12-stair gap to rollerblader.
CMcMahon is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 03:15 PM
  #5  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerman
Let's see... a broken knuckle, two teeth knocked back, both lips bitten through, and a concussion from a miniramp bail; a nearly knocked-out tooth from underrotating off a hip; seven sprained ankles, all on the left; bursitis of the knee from taking it on a one-footed x-up to framegrab; no-handed footjam to swellbow; recurring back pain from a gap to clueless rider to frontflip; hundreds of shinners; scar on my right hip and right elbow from a 12-stair gap to rollerblader.

MMM, sounds quite painful. But do you still ride ok? Or do your injuries inhibit you in some cases?
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 07:50 PM
  #6  
bmichaelx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rosmeount Minnesota
Posts: 877

Bikes: I own 1 custom bike, and i'm to lazy to list parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There was a 7-8 foot jump at the top of a very steep hill and I felt like going full speed and launcing of it. The last thing I remember before lifting myself of the ground at the bottom of the hill, was me pedaling at the jump from about 100 feet away. It ends up that I hit a hole/divet of some kind at the top of the jump and fliped forward and landed on my head at the bottom of the hill. The whole side of my face was cut up and I sprained my back or something like that, and broke my growth plate in my shoulder. The best part about the whole thing was that 5 minutes after I recked my friend was convinced the jump was harmless and launched off it, when he landed his bars sliped forward and he fliped forward and he ended up breaking his colar bone. Thats a fun way to end summer facation.
bmichaelx is offline  
Old 02-14-05, 09:10 PM
  #7  
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Posts: 1,734

Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive got hit by a car twice. i tried to feeble a flat handrail, and somehow i started to slide down the rail on my neck.i tried to 50-50 an aluminum rail, and i flipped forward
queensrider86 is offline  
Old 02-15-05, 09:40 AM
  #8  
sxe fbm rider
Senior Member
 
sxe fbm rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,259

Bikes: Fbm Night Train, Fixed Club Fuji(so sexy).

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmichaelx
The whole side of my face was cut up and I sprained my back or something like that, and broke my growth plate in my shoulder.
That's something I'm always afraid of. I have a few facial piercings and a good pace plant could be beyond extra painful and complicated, so the worst crash I could think of would be to mess up my face, I'll let ya'll know if that ever happens.
sxe fbm rider is offline  
Old 02-21-05, 06:44 PM
  #9  
wheelie1993
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The worst that I have ever had would be when I was practicing at the local race track on my mini. I had hit a spot where the water wears away the track when I was landing a jump flipped over and rolled. 2 days later I went to the docs and found out that I had broken my arm.
wheelie1993 is offline  
Old 02-22-05, 03:49 PM
  #10  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelie1993
The worst that I have ever had would be when I was practicing at the local race track on my mini. I had hit a spot where the water wears away the track when I was landing a jump flipped over and rolled. 2 days later I went to the docs and found out that I had broken my arm.

You couldn't tell that you had broken your arm before you went to the doc?
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-22-05, 05:07 PM
  #11  
BMXTRIX
Senior Member
 
BMXTRIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had a couple of black eyes, concussions, sprained fingers, tendonitis in the elbow, and a REALLY nasty sprained ankle that bugs me to this day...

But if I was going to pick one thing, it would be when I got a flat tire (rear) and decided that instead of walking to my car I would do a hang 5 down the hill in front of the Washington Monument. The hill isn't that steep, but it was long and I didn't touch my brakes. It is also just a sidewalk - one of the really rough blacktop sidewalks.

I got down the hill and was probably going 20MPH or so when I flipped forward. My hands went down and mostly protected my face as I arched my back... But, my hands were pulled under my body. It ripped the skin off the back of both arms and the top of my legs and the back of my hands. Ripped the face off the watch I was wearing... That ranks way up there for pain factor for me. But, in a couple of weeks it was all healed and didn't bug me the way my sprained ankle still does 8 year later.
BMXTRIX is offline  
Old 02-22-05, 05:56 PM
  #12  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMXTRIX
I've had a couple of black eyes, concussions, sprained fingers, tendonitis in the elbow, and a REALLY nasty sprained ankle that bugs me to this day...

But if I was going to pick one thing, it would be when I got a flat tire (rear) and decided that instead of walking to my car I would do a hang 5 down the hill in front of the Washington Monument. The hill isn't that steep, but it was long and I didn't touch my brakes. It is also just a sidewalk - one of the really rough blacktop sidewalks.

I got down the hill and was probably going 20MPH or so when I flipped forward. My hands went down and mostly protected my face as I arched my back... But, my hands were pulled under my body. It ripped the skin off the back of both arms and the top of my legs and the back of my hands. Ripped the face off the watch I was wearing... That ranks way up there for pain factor for me. But, in a couple of weeks it was all healed and didn't bug me the way my sprained ankle still does 8 year later.

Oooh, that does sound like it ranks up there on the pain meter. Man, compared to all of you guy's injuries, mine sounds like a little boo boo. Oh well, it's not like we're competeing for the all time best injury award. And heck, isn't it good not to get hurt?
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-22-05, 07:01 PM
  #13  
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Posts: 1,734

Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did anybody here get hit by a car
queensrider86 is offline  
Old 02-25-05, 02:07 PM
  #14  
frozin
wrench
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: maryland
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah, i've been hit by a car, head on.i smashed into the windsheild and destroyed it, bent my frame and fork useless but i escaped with only a cut on my head. not too interesting.

just a short list of injuries include, multiple sprained wrists/ankles, torn acl, 3 teeth knocked out, multiple concussions and hundreds of major cuts and bruises.

i'd say the worst one was tearing my acl, riding trails when i was 17. the rythem section was pretty difficult to get through because every jump was too close to the next, so everyone was getting broke off that summer. however, they were great trails because they were tough. anyways, middle of the set i didn't have enough speed, so i pulled up and hoped for the best, landed in a manual and instantly looped out, took my left foot off to hopefully save my ass but it just twisted, tore and i went down hard. that was the most painful injury for sure, even knocking teeth out wasn't nearly as bad. and i hate dental injuries!
frozin is offline  
Old 02-28-05, 12:58 AM
  #15  
poonster18
Senior Member
 
poonster18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 116

Bikes: Bmx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The worst fall I ever took bmxing was when I was trying to do a X-Up to gap on a 10 stair. I basically fell when my nose hit one of the stair pieces and basically did a front flip right onto my face. Luckily I had a helmet on. Just scratched my face up a little and also had a twisted ankle lasintg for around 2 weeks. I never tried to gap that specific staris again. Dont want to break anything next time.
poonster18 is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 09:02 PM
  #16  
bruiser2
Ex Go-Kart racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 727

Bikes: Trek Bruiser 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yo flyboy, you stole my signature.
bruiser2 is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 09:04 PM
  #17  
arboc!
Senior Member
 
arboc!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 1,460

Bikes: specialized p.1, redline single x

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why? just because its about practice?
arboc! is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 09:33 PM
  #18  
bruiser2
Ex Go-Kart racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 727

Bikes: Trek Bruiser 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, it actually comes from the same saying. hes saying that there is no such thing as perfect like me, the only dfference is the end.
bruiser2 is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 10:11 PM
  #19  
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Posts: 1,734

Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hes been around longer than you, therefore,if anyone did, you copied his signature
queensrider86 is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 11:38 PM
  #20  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruiser2
Yo flyboy, you stole my signature.

I didn't know anyone had a signature like that when I made it, so I guess you'll just have to ruff it.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 03-04-05, 11:38 PM
  #21  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by queensrider86
hes been around longer than you, therefore,if anyone did, you copied his signature

Thank you, you're right.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 03-08-05, 04:20 AM
  #22  
oddtodd
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
compression fracture on the INSIDE of one of my vertabrates . Tried to bunnyhop a chain and it caught between the chain and rear tire and did a nice concussion quality faceplant .

Someone also cut down a tree on one of our old trails right across the bottom a a huge hill with a turn at the end , hit it head on at stem hight but had the sense to launch myself over it , face slide in the dirt , shins scraped away as they hit the top of the tree (log at this point) 15 minutes of sleepy time , friends stole my powerbars and were eating them when I came too , front end of bike destroyed , headtube dented in , forks and bars bent , headset crushed .

Worst thing was losing my nerve to try anything daring for almost the whole summer
oddtodd is offline  
Old 03-08-05, 09:00 AM
  #23  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oddtodd
compression fracture on the INSIDE of one of my vertabrates . Tried to bunnyhop a chain and it caught between the chain and rear tire and did a nice concussion quality faceplant .

Someone also cut down a tree on one of our old trails right across the bottom a a huge hill with a turn at the end , hit it head on at stem hight but had the sense to launch myself over it , face slide in the dirt , shins scraped away as they hit the top of the tree (log at this point) 15 minutes of sleepy time , friends stole my powerbars and were eating them when I came too , front end of bike destroyed , headtube dented in , forks and bars bent , headset crushed .

Worst thing was losing my nerve to try anything daring for almost the whole summer

Hmmm, sounds bad. But why didn't you just stop before you hit the tree? Or at least bailed.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 03-08-05, 11:00 AM
  #24  
CMcMahon
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,751

Bikes: Solid AA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One would assume that if he could have stopped before hitting the tree, he would have.
CMcMahon is offline  
Old 03-08-05, 11:47 AM
  #25  
MadMan2k
Perpetual n00b
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 3,918

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Oddtodd: Your friends stole your stuff when you were unconscious, and possibly dead? They don't sound like friends to me...
MadMan2k is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.