Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Hey look at this.

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Hey look at this.

Old 02-17-05, 10:37 AM
  #1  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey look at this.

I was just at the Haro website, and I came across this very interesting link:


https://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/biz/art...026601,00.html.

Take a look, it is very interesting. It has some nice facts about Haro I didn't know.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-17-05, 12:53 PM
  #2  
BMXTRIX
Senior Member
 
BMXTRIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the things that Haro is trying to achieve in 2005 was VERY poorly thought out.

Name 3 things that you want to do in 2005 besides sell bikes...

1. Continue to get rider and customer feedback so that our bikes will continually evolve to a better product that holds more value for the riders.

2. Work towards increasing awareness of bmx in general so more kids get into riding and sticking with riding, especially at younger ages. (as shown by their 16" and 12" bikes out)

3. Work to make out customer support even better than it already is so that should any rider have a question about a Haro product, they can be assured that they will be well taken care of.

I think those are all things that Haro should be aware of as they are the items that WILL affect profitability, sales, and them remaining among the top rungs of bmx in the industry.

Customer centric attitude instead of company centric makes a business succesful guys!
BMXTRIX is offline  
Old 02-17-05, 01:31 PM
  #3  
bmexican
bmxracer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: new egypt, some hick town in new jersey
Posts: 121

Bikes: i own a gt ricochet hardtail mtb, a cannondale road, and full suspension mtb, a haro tr 2.1, a diamondback viper that i rebuilt painted and rebuilt with lighter parts, a brand new H&H race group race bike, and a eastern metalhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"...and of course world peace." cmon who doesnt want world peace... jackasses.
bmexican is offline  
Old 02-17-05, 02:26 PM
  #4  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMXTRIX
I think the things that Haro is trying to achieve in 2005 was VERY poorly thought out.

Name 3 things that you want to do in 2005 besides sell bikes...

1. Continue to get rider and customer feedback so that our bikes will continually evolve to a better product that holds more value for the riders.

2. Work towards increasing awareness of bmx in general so more kids get into riding and sticking with riding, especially at younger ages. (as shown by their 16" and 12" bikes out)

3. Work to make out customer support even better than it already is so that should any rider have a question about a Haro product, they can be assured that they will be well taken care of.

I think those are all things that Haro should be aware of as they are the items that WILL affect profitability, sales, and them remaining among the top rungs of bmx in the industry.

Customer centric attitude instead of company centric makes a business succesful guys!


Yes, I agree that they should have thought that out better, but hey, everyone makes mistakes. I did find it very interesting though. It's good to know that most of them are riders, and not fat guys in suits. I actually did think that they were a huge corporation, but now I know. I mean I know they've made millions, but they've been in the bmx market for 25 years or so. And experience is always a good thing to have when making products.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-17-05, 02:30 PM
  #5  
CMcMahon
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,751

Bikes: Solid AA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLyBOy
Yes, I agree that they should have thought that out better, but hey, everyone makes mistakes.
I highly doubt that you had even thought about it before he said that, but whatever. I'm not eCallingYouOut or anything.
CMcMahon is offline  
Old 02-18-05, 08:54 AM
  #6  
FLyBOy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerman
I highly doubt that you had even thought about it before he said that, but whatever. I'm not eCallingYouOut or anything.

I'm not even going to try.
FLyBOy is offline  
Old 02-18-05, 10:02 AM
  #7  
MadMan2k
Perpetual n00b
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 3,918

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
When I read that, I thought the list of things they want to do, or whatever it is, looked like it was somewhat of a pain to write

I wonder if more similar articles will follow, about different companies?
Specialized would be an interesting one...
MadMan2k is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.