Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals and Inquiries Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-11, 02:14 PM   #1
Muffin Man
:)
Thread Starter
 
Muffin Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Bikes: Focus Izalco Max, Trek Boone, Gaulzetti Interclub (WIP)
Posts: 3,399
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Are DA 7400 Brifters and RD vintage? or just old?

I have a set of DA 7400 brifters and RD and im just wondering would it be wrong to advertise them as vintage? Or are they just old?
thanx



Muffin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 03:22 PM   #2
repechage
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 12,193
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Keep them long enough and they will be vintage, now just used. And Obsolete.

As the mechanisms inside the shift lever are well known to fail, and are a challenge to repair as spare parts are not supported by Shimano... if they work they probably have an audience on the ebay used market.
repechage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 05:41 PM   #3
gomango 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STP
Bikes:
Posts: 14,262
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by repechage View Post
Keep them long enough and they will be vintage, now just used. And Obsolete.

As the mechanisms inside the shift lever are well known to fail, and are a challenge to repair as spare parts are not supported by Shimano... if they work they probably have an audience on the ebay used market.
All of this is quite true.

I brought a set to a local swap last winter, slapped a somewhat high tag on them, and they lasted twenty minutes.

I have two additional sets that run like the day they were born, although somewhat challenged in appearance.

To the op, have any DA brake levers?
__________________


Bikes and stuff

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
gomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 07:26 PM   #4
Muffin Man
:)
Thread Starter
 
Muffin Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Bikes: Focus Izalco Max, Trek Boone, Gaulzetti Interclub (WIP)
Posts: 3,399
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomango View Post
All of this is quite true.

I brought a set to a local swap last winter, slapped a somewhat high tag on them, and they lasted twenty minutes.

I have two additional sets that run like the day they were born, although somewhat challenged in appearance.

To the op, have any DA brake levers?
I only have the brifters in the pic. I got them at. A pretty decent price intending to upgrade from dt shifters, but i decided it wasnt worth it
Muffin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 07:32 PM   #5
gomango 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STP
Bikes:
Posts: 14,262
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin man View Post
I only have the brifters in the pic. I got them at. A pretty decent price intending to upgrade from dt shifters, but i decided it wasnt worth it
Okay then, I appreciate the response.

Good luck with the sale, the items will find a home.
__________________


Bikes and stuff

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
gomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.
I HAVE A QUESTION