Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Sachs SC 40 power glide chain?

Old 02-13-23, 04:05 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 823 Posts
Sachs SC 40 power glide chain?

does this chain have any value? It has never been out of the box.


jadmt is offline  
Old 02-13-23, 08:30 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Chombi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,420
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 797 Times in 517 Posts
Aside from choice of silver, black or silver and black combination for sideplate color, these Maillard/Sachs "narrow" chains do not really have too much difference from model to model. These chains typically sell for just under 50 bucks a set, sometimes up to 60, if there aren't too many sellers selling them ascertain times.
They work really nice with 7 speed setups.
__________________
72 Line Seeker
83 Davidson Signature
84 Peugeot PSV
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Chombi1 is offline  
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 02-13-23, 08:41 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 823 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
Aside from choice of silver, black or silver and black combination for sideplate color, these Maillard/Sachs "narrow" chains do not really have too much difference from model to model. These chains typically sell for just under 50 bucks a set, sometimes up to 60, if there aren't too many sellers selling them ascertain times.
They work really nice with 7 speed setups.
wow I just about put it in the recycle bin. where would a person sell besides ebay as I don't have an ebay account? I have no aspirations of getting $50 but something would be a bonus.
jadmt is offline  
Old 02-15-23, 09:25 PM
  #4  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 5,614

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked 2,275 Times in 1,348 Posts
Sell it on the for sale thread on BF, might get less but minimal fees. Just buy a one month membership for $3.
WGB is offline  
Old 02-15-23, 09:44 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 823 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Sell it on the for sale thread on BF, might get less but minimal fees. Just buy a one month membership for $3.
I put it on FB and it sold right away for $35 I was pretty happy with that.
jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 02-18-23, 07:33 PM
  #6  
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 5,614

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked 2,275 Times in 1,348 Posts
​​​​​​I put it on FB and it sold right away for $35 I was pretty happy with that.

I have three NOS sitting within 6 feet of me as I type. I had no idea that they were this desirable.!
WGB is offline  
Old 02-19-23, 10:23 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
zukahn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fairplay Co
Posts: 9,496

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,675 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
​​​​​​I put it on FB and it sold right away for $35 I was pretty happy with that.

I have three NOS sitting within 6 feet of me as I type. I had no idea that they were this desirable.!
Also the Sachs universal LY series freewheels that could be ran as 6 or 7 speed that were made to mach these can be pretty valuable since they work fairly good with Suntour and Campy 6/7 setups as well as the Sachs and Shimano stuff. I have actually sold a few used with matching chain in the $50-60 range to the cheapskates here on the forums over the years
zukahn1 is offline  
Old 02-19-23, 10:41 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 823 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
Also the Sachs universal LY series freewheels that could be ran as 6 or 7 speed that were made to mach these can be pretty valuable since they work fairly good with Suntour and Campy 6/7 setups as well as the Sachs and Shimano stuff. I have actually sold a few used with matching chain in the $50-60 range to the cheapskates here on the forums over the years
I actually just sold a new sachs LY to a guy on FB probably should have sold it separately but I included it in bunch of MTB parts.
jadmt is offline  
Old 02-19-23, 05:05 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
zukahn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fairplay Co
Posts: 9,496

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,675 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt
I actually just sold a new sachs LY to a guy on FB probably should have sold it separately but I included it in bunch of MTB parts.
.

That's too bad a nos Sach's LY with nos matching chain the one you just sold go's for about $100 here and $200 on ebay a bit more I have seen MTB one's sell for close to $300 if it is the 8 speed version that will work nicely with most setups the last two cogs just screw off with two chain whips. to alloy for 6/7/8 speed vintage drive trains with indexing . A couple people got real good deals hope they go on nice bikes and are not sold for profit.

Last edited by zukahn1; 02-19-23 at 05:13 PM.
zukahn1 is offline  
Old 02-19-23, 06:54 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 1,823 Times in 823 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
.

That's too bad a nos Sach's LY with nos matching chain the one you just sold go's for about $100 here and $200 on ebay a bit more I have seen MTB one's sell for close to $300 if it is the 8 speed version that will work nicely with most setups the last two cogs just screw off with two chain whips. to alloy for 6/7/8 speed vintage drive trains with indexing . A couple people got real good deals hope they go on nice bikes and are not sold for profit.
dang. I guess someone will be happy.
jadmt is offline  
Old 02-22-23, 08:39 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Chombi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,420
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 797 Times in 517 Posts
Most of my bikes have these Sachs/Maillard narrow chains and I never paid more than 50 some bucks for them, NOS,at eBay..To hear that some people pay up to 300 bucks for them sounds nuts!
__________________
72 Line Seeker
83 Davidson Signature
84 Peugeot PSV
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Chombi1 is offline  
Old 02-23-23, 10:15 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
zukahn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fairplay Co
Posts: 9,496

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,675 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
Most of my bikes have these Sachs/Maillard narrow chains and I never paid more than 50 some bucks for them, NOS,at eBay..To hear that some people pay up to 300 bucks for them sounds nuts!
That's the high price for a nos wide range 7/8 speed LY freewheel with matching nos chain but yes pretty nut's. I can see $100-120 for a nos free wheel with matching nos chain making since, some prices on NOS are just crazy.
zukahn1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.