Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

'90's Bianchi Virata--worth pursuing as project?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

'90's Bianchi Virata--worth pursuing as project?

Old 10-28-14, 03:20 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 365

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
'90's Bianchi Virata--worth pursuing as project?

Just noticed this Bianchi Virata.

Opinions on it's worth in "as-is" condition and value if cleaned up welcomed. It's too far away to run over and look at, but I've asked seller for more info/better pix.

TIA.

STP
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-28-14, 03:45 PM
  #2  
Dead Fly
 
AbsurdChalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 237

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Bianchi Campione D'Italia, Bianchi Ibex

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks to be a 90s model, matching the decals to my bianchi ibex. If you look up the 600 group on eBay, it is going for around 200$ I would feel more comfortable paying 200$ for it if it is lugged, the perfect size, and columbus tubing.
AbsurdChalk is offline  
Old 10-28-14, 06:15 PM
  #3  
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 28,029

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,130 Times in 1,592 Posts
My '90 catalog is eluding me grasp at the moment but it doesn't match the '91 colors so it must be a '90. It has a Tange Prestige frame/fork. It looks like it has been posted for 27 days maybe he is willing to make a deal.

$200-250 would be a great for a rider but he hasn't some it at $300 in a month there is little flipping room. That is a big frame and if your tall it could be a good deal for you but again will hurt flipping.
__________________
One morning you wake up, the girl is gone, the bikes are gone, all that's left behind is a pair of old tires and a tube of tubular glue, all squeezed out"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Bianchigirll is offline  
Old 10-28-14, 07:48 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Porschefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 365

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AbsurdChalk
It looks to be a 90s model, matching the decals to my bianchi ibex. If you look up the 600 group on eBay, it is going for around 200$ I would feel more comfortable paying 200$ for it if it is lugged, the perfect size, and columbus tubing.
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
My '90 catalog is eluding me grasp at the moment but it doesn't match the '91 colors so it must be a '90. It has a Tange Prestige frame/fork. It looks like it has been posted for 27 days maybe he is willing to make a deal.

$200-250 would be a great for a rider but he hasn't some it at $300 in a month there is little flipping room. That is a big frame and if your tall it could be a good deal for you but again will hurt flipping.
Thanks!

I heard from the seller and he "heard" that it was a '91. But he doesn't seem to really know much about it, and didn't offer to take some better pix. Since it's so far away and isn't a no-brainer, run-out-and-get-it kind of buy, I think I'll just pass.

STP
Porschefan is offline  
Old 10-29-14, 06:01 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
daf1009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 2,982

Bikes: LESS than I did a year ago!

Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Porschefan
Thanks!

I heard from the seller and he "heard" that it was a '91. But he doesn't seem to really know much about it, and didn't offer to take some better pix. Since it's so far away and isn't a no-brainer, run-out-and-get-it kind of buy, I think I'll just pass.

STP
Sounds wise...also...if he does not really know it...probably not willing to deal too much...
daf1009 is offline  
Old 10-29-14, 04:12 PM
  #6  
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 28,029

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Liked 3,130 Times in 1,592 Posts
FWIW the '90 and '91 were basically the same bike. The group and frame were the same maybe the tires were different but the only real noticeable change was the color. Also one can easily buy a left over '90 model in '91.
__________________
One morning you wake up, the girl is gone, the bikes are gone, all that's left behind is a pair of old tires and a tube of tubular glue, all squeezed out"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Bianchigirll is offline  
Old 10-30-14, 03:45 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
300 seems too much for me
909Rat is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
snackcracker
Classic & Vintage
3
09-13-13 06:02 PM
ewolfson
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
5
08-02-11 06:31 PM
kristonenicolas
Classic & Vintage
9
11-08-10 08:51 AM
kengel
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
3
09-03-10 10:17 AM
peace_coast
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
3
07-07-10 11:09 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.