Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: More Hubs! Dura Ace, Mavic, Shimano 6400

Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

FS: More Hubs! Dura Ace, Mavic, Shimano 6400

Old 05-30-17, 02:22 PM
  #1  
Brewsmith 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 727

Bikes: 1987 Centurion Ironman Master, 1989 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1972 Motobecane Grand Jubilee

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FS: More Hubs! Dura Ace, Mavic, Shimano 6400

Made mention of these in the groupsets I was selling and now that they have moved on, I am listing these separately. All prices are net to me via paypal(ie buyer pays fees if desired) and include shipping CONUS. If you pick up multiple hubsets I'll knock off that additional shipping. Please see pics for details, the album at the bottom has more detail photos, and fire away with any questions.

Dura Ace 7400 32h hubset (126mm old on the rear) with medium wear uniglide cassette and original skewers. Very good condition, freshly repacked rear to roll! $old



Orphan Dura Ace 7400 36h front hub. Also great shape also freshly serviced. $old ($25 if purchased with the set above)



Shimano 6400 36/32h hubset and skewers (rear included though not pictured). Clean, beautiful and smooth. Some very minor spoke pulling, otherwise gorgeous, and some of the nicer looking Shimano skewers I have seen. $50



Mavic 500/550 36h Hubset. Buttery smooth and good aesthetic condition. There is a tiny bit of scuffing to the anodizing on the rear and some light corrosion on the skewers, but great otherwise. $75




Album Here:
https://goo.gl/photos/mHHaxo4GwsMHw9uf8

Last edited by Brewsmith; 08-31-17 at 09:07 AM.
Brewsmith is offline  
Old 05-30-17, 04:06 PM
  #2  
plonz 
Senior Member
 
plonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,900
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very nice prices on your hubs, especially considering they come with the skewers. If that DA orphan was 32h, I'd be grabbing it to match the rear hub I have.

Anyway, the DA rear hub comes in a few iterations and I'd suggest informing your prospective buyers which one you have. It's definitely Uniglide but I can't tell if it's a 6/7 spd hub (126OLD) or an 8 spd hub (130OLD). If that cassette works with the hub, then I would guess it's an FH-7400 6/7 speed Uniglide hub and cassette.

For anyone interested, they're a great post in BF on this very topic:
http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...403-101-a.html

GLWS !
plonz is offline  
Old 05-30-17, 04:21 PM
  #3  
Brewsmith 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 727

Bikes: 1987 Centurion Ironman Master, 1989 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1972 Motobecane Grand Jubilee

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz View Post
Very nice prices on your hubs, especially considering they come with the skewers. If that DA orphan was 32h, I'd be grabbing it to match the rear hub I have.

Anyway, the DA rear hub comes in a few iterations and I'd suggest informing your prospective buyers which one you have. It's definitely Uniglide but I can't tell if it's a 6/7 spd hub (126OLD) or an 8 spd hub (130OLD). If that cassette works with the hub, then I would guess it's an FH-7400 6/7 speed Uniglide hub and cassette.

For anyone interested, they're a great post in BF on this very topic:
http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...403-101-a.html

GLWS !
Thanks for clarifying, you were right the cassette is uniglide and the OLD is 126. Cheers!
Brewsmith is offline  
Old 05-30-17, 11:34 PM
  #4  
mountaindave 
Happy Commuter
 
mountaindave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Flathead Valley, MT
Posts: 3,313

Bikes: Red bikes. Why do I have so many red bikes?! I thought green was my favorite color

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
That's an excellent reference post, btw.

Wish I had a legitimate excuse for those Mavic hubs.

Last edited by mountaindave; 05-31-17 at 07:57 AM.
mountaindave is offline  
Old 05-31-17, 04:17 AM
  #5  
SJX426 
Senior Member
 
SJX426's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Posts: 6,320

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Le Champion(totaled), '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Tre Cime, '91 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mountaindave View Post
Wish I hd a legitimate excuse for those Mavic hubs.
+1 I would almost buy them for the skewers! Great hubs! Might be 501's need to see the side view of the rear DS.
__________________
Bikes don't stand alone. They are two tired.
SJX426 is offline  
Old 06-11-17, 06:17 PM
  #6  
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6,028
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Buyer beware, bought these DA hubs of Brewsmith in "Very good condition", but there was engraving on the backside which was not disclosed. I have PMed Brewsmith multiple times after I got the item and he has not replied to my messages.

frantik is offline  
Old 06-11-17, 06:35 PM
  #7  
Chombi1 
Senior Member
 
Chombi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,765
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
If the skewer caps and nuts,were originally finished in black, I think those skewers on the Mavic hubs were the early TI rodded ones with aluminum end cap and skewer nut. Quite rare.
Perfect for a weight weenie French C&V build. Just a lick of paint on the caps and nuts should make them look new again.
Chombi1 is offline  
Old 06-11-17, 07:11 PM
  #8  
plonz 
Senior Member
 
plonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,900
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frantik View Post
Buyer beware, bought these DA hubs of Brewsmith in "Very good condition", but there was engraving on the backside which was not disclosed. I have PMed Brewsmith multiple times after I got the item and he has not replied to my messages.

Ouch, thats pretty nasty. I see there was a pic of this in the link but I'd expect something like this to be disclosed in the post.

All may not be lost though. Coarse sandpaper will probably get that out and then you can work up the grit scale until you have a polished, smooth surface.
plonz is offline  
Old 06-11-17, 07:27 PM
  #9  
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6,028
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by plonz View Post
Ouch, thats pretty nasty. I see there was a pic of this in the link but I'd expect something like this to be disclosed in the post.

All may not be lost though. Coarse sandpaper will probably get that out and then you can work up the grit scale until you have a polished, smooth surface.

Yes I see now that at the bottom of the post there was a link to a gallery. I definitely did not see that before. I saw them described as "very good condition". I think something like an engraving should have been pointed out and highlighted in the post.

I think the issue more concerning for other buyers is the fact that I have contacted the seller a few times since Wednesday and he has not replied, though he has been online. I asked directly for a response to my messages and still nothing.
frantik is offline  
Old 07-12-17, 07:18 AM
  #10  
Brewsmith 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 727

Bikes: 1987 Centurion Ironman Master, 1989 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1972 Motobecane Grand Jubilee

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just wanted to apologise for the lack of communication previously. I had been away for a bit and neglected to stay current with my bike forums communication. The dust has since cleared and I have reached an amicable agreement with the above poster. The last thing I want to do is sully this fine community, sorry for the delay! Cheers and ride on!
Brewsmith is offline  
Old 07-12-17, 04:53 PM
  #11  
frantik
Chainstay Brake Mafia
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6,028
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Happy to report Brewsmith has made things right. Cheers
frantik is offline  
Old 07-14-17, 01:56 PM
  #12  
JT1973
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 70

Bikes: 1973 Jack Taylor ToB, 1974 or '75 LeJeune Champ du Monde (possibly from the Carre Shop), 1971 Motobecane Le Champion, 1980s Rodriguez frame (future 650b conversion project)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I'm interested in the shimano 600 hubs. Looks like rear is 36h. Is that correct? Also, is this 130 old spacing and HG or UG compatible? Finally is lone dura ace front hub still available? Private message fine for reply. Thank you!



Originally Posted by Brewsmith View Post
Made mention of these in the groupsets I was selling and now that they have moved on, I am listing these separately. All prices are net to me via paypal(ie buyer pays fees if desired) and include shipping CONUS. If you pick up multiple hubsets I'll knock off that additional shipping. Please see pics for details, the album at the bottom has more detail photos, and fire away with any questions.

Dura Ace 7400 32h hubset (126mm old on the rear) with medium wear uniglide cassette and original skewers. Very good condition, freshly repacked rear to roll! $85



Orphan Dura Ace 7400 36h front hub. Also great shape also freshly serviced. $35 ($25 if purchased with the set above)



Shimano 6400 36/32h hubset and skewers (rear included though not pictured). Clean, beautiful and smooth. Some very minor spoke pulling, otherwise gorgeous, and some of the nicer looking Shimano skewers I have seen. $60



Mavic 500/550 36h Hubset. Buttery smooth and good aesthetic condition. There is a tiny bit of scuffing to the anodizing on the rear and some light corrosion on the skewers, but great otherwise. $75




Album Here:
https://goo.gl/photos/mHHaxo4GwsMHw9uf8
JT1973 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
fgreen
Folding Bikes
2
05-14-11 09:10 PM
mattm
Commuting
13
04-28-08 04:29 PM
spingineer
Southern California
25
02-09-08 01:35 AM
matt52
Recreational & Family
0
11-14-07 03:06 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.