Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

SF Bay Area Peugeots

Old 05-06-18, 10:03 AM
  #1  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SF Bay Area Peugeots

1974 PX10LE






The flawless Brooks Pro is dated 1978. The paint and gold leaf striping is by Dr. Deltron. The pedals are T.A. The new freewheel is a Maillard 700 that comes with a box of cogs and a removal tool. The spokes are Robergel 3 Stars.
I'm not willing to ship it. If you are in or near the Bay Area and think it's worth $500 send me a message. Cash only on these.
1974 PA10E

This one is $250. The rings are 48x40. It now has low flange Campy Record hubs and OEM dust caps on the crank. The T.A. cage is rust free. Bullseye pulleys on the Simplex SX610. Stronglight A-9 roller headset. The Brooks is new. Bluemels fenders. The rims are Mavic Monthlery Pros.

Both are wall hangers, so they're in great condition, if a little dusty.
I have six more bikes and I'm only going to keep one.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 10:47 AM
  #2  
Hobbiano 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Baton Rouge La
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
If they were my size and you were willing to ship...What size are they - 55 ctt?
Great deal!
Hobbiano is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 10:59 AM
  #3  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe they are 56 cm.
I'm the original owner of the PX10. My wife can't believe I'm selling it.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 11:24 AM
  #4  
Chombi1 
Senior Member
 
Chombi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,765
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Dang!!, fantastic deals on beautiful, classic French bikes!! I'd jump on these if only my car lease wasn't expiring soon and I need a good down payment for the next one.....
__________________
72 Line Seeker
83 Davidson Signature
84 Peugeot PSV
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Chombi1 is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 11:57 AM
  #5  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Brooks Pro is not flawless. I put my glasses on and found a scratch.
Both bikes have elk hide bar wraps.

Last edited by Grand Bois; 05-06-18 at 01:17 PM.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 02:18 PM
  #6  
Aubergine 
Bad example
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Seattle and Reims
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Is the PA 531 throughout?
__________________
Keeping Seattle’s bike shops in business since 1978
Aubergine is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 03:00 PM
  #7  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, hence the $250 price difference.

Last edited by Grand Bois; 05-06-18 at 04:10 PM.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-06-18, 06:12 PM
  #8  
inkandsilver
Senior Member
 
inkandsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There seem to be a bunch of SF bay locals on the iBob list; might be worth trying there. These look like great bikes.
inkandsilver is offline  
Old 05-07-18, 09:27 AM
  #9  
deephate 
D. Pate
 
deephate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 327

Bikes: Motobecane, Peugeot, Gitane, Fuji, Nishiki, Centurion, Panasonic, Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Raleigh, Bianchi, Winsor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Those are beautiful!
__________________
Ride bikes, drink beer, not necessarily in that order.
deephate is offline  
Old 05-07-18, 12:08 PM
  #10  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 15,130

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3613 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 60 Posts
These are beautiful and my size! I'm grateful that you won't consider shipping,
bikemig is offline  
Old 05-13-18, 10:33 AM
  #11  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They're still available.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-14-18, 04:43 PM
  #12  
randyjawa 
Senior Member
 
randyjawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada - burrrrr!
Posts: 9,151

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, Rocky Mountain Cardiac

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 33 Posts
I'm the original owner of the PX10. My wife can't believe I'm selling it.
Neither can I believe it. That black X10 is one of the nicest that I have ever seen. That said...

I can understand the wish to reduce the size of a fleet, even to one. I find that when I have one bike to ride, I ride a lot more. Not sure why and not sure that I really care, but it does seem to be that way, for me. That said...

I doubt that I will ever sell my X10. I did that once, already, and have regretted it ever since.
__________________
Learn how to find, restore and maintain vintage road bicycles at... MY "TEN SPEEDS"
randyjawa is online now  
Old 05-14-18, 05:07 PM
  #13  
2cam16
Senior Member
 
2cam16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Mateo,Ca.
Posts: 2,603

Bikes: TOO MANY

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Paging @sunburst
2cam16 is online now  
Old 05-14-18, 05:27 PM
  #14  
sunburst
Senior Member
 
sunburst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NorCal - bay area
Posts: 1,571

Bikes: Giant, Trek, 6x Peugeots, Specialized, Nishiki, bike friday

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2cam16 View Post
Paging @sunburst
Fortunately I'm out of town and don't have to struggle with this dilemma (for now). When I get back I'll post the super clean '62 UO-8 I bought last Tuesday. But anyway, too little space and $$ at the moment for such luxuries.

How do I find this iBob list?


sunburst is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 01:57 PM
  #15  
SB_Greg 
Senior Member
 
SB_Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 205

Bikes: 2018 Trek Domane SL5; 1965 Peugeot PX10; 1974 Peugeot PX10E

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
I love that black PX10. Black Peugeots are definitely rare. I also love the groupset you have on it. Give me ideas about mine. Prices are very fair.
SB_Greg is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 03:16 PM
  #16  
Hobbiano 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Baton Rouge La
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
One or two centimeters too big and you won't ship. I think I'm safe.
Hobbiano is offline  
Old 05-18-18, 01:32 PM
  #17  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Front Range CO
Posts: 274

Bikes: 1968 PX10, 1969 PX10 (64cm/FS), 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1989 Centurion Le Mans, 1977 Fuji S10-S, 1972ish Dawes Galaxy, 1973 Raleigh Super Course (FS), Schwinn Super Sport, 1998 Schwinn Homegrown, 1996 Trek 990, Bridgestone MB-3

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa View Post
Neither can I believe it. That black X10 is one of the nicest that I have ever seen. That said...

I can understand the wish to reduce the size of a fleet, even to one. I find that when I have one bike to ride, I ride a lot more. Not sure why and not sure that I really care, but it does seem to be that way, for me. That said...

I doubt that I will ever sell my X10. I did that once, already, and have regretted it ever since.
I'm curious if you ever did drop to one, which would it be? the Pug, the Cyclops, something else?

Dropping to one sounds so wonderful, and so terrible at the same time
AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-18-18, 03:04 PM
  #18  
randyjawa 
Senior Member
 
randyjawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada - burrrrr!
Posts: 9,151

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, Rocky Mountain Cardiac

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 33 Posts
I'm curious if you ever did drop to one, which would it be? the Pug, the Cyclops, something else?
I would be interested to know the answer to that, myself. In fact, it might be worth a thread to see what others think..? My stable is small (1958 Rabeneick 120d, 1958 Legnano Grand Premio, 1968 Atala Professional, 1970 Torpado Luxe, 1973 Peugeot PX10E, 1982 Bianchi Touring, Cyclops), these days, but each bike, except the all chrome plated Torpado, have special circumstances surrounding them.
__________________
Learn how to find, restore and maintain vintage road bicycles at... MY "TEN SPEEDS"
randyjawa is online now  
Old 05-18-18, 08:55 PM
  #19  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Front Range CO
Posts: 274

Bikes: 1968 PX10, 1969 PX10 (64cm/FS), 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert, 1989 Centurion Le Mans, 1977 Fuji S10-S, 1972ish Dawes Galaxy, 1973 Raleigh Super Course (FS), Schwinn Super Sport, 1998 Schwinn Homegrown, 1996 Trek 990, Bridgestone MB-3

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa View Post
I would be interested to know the answer to that, myself. In fact, it might be worth a thread to see what others think..? My stable is small (1958 Rabeneick 120d, 1958 Legnano Grand Premio, 1968 Atala Professional, 1970 Torpado Luxe, 1973 Peugeot PX10E, 1982 Bianchi Touring, Cyclops), these days, but each bike, except the all chrome plated Torpado, have special circumstances surrounding them.
Thank you for your post - I'll have to make sure and remind my wife that a 7-8 bike stable is considered small

I love thinking about this same question. Fun to ponder, and the fact that we don't necessarily have to take it beyond that is a blessing.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-19-18, 06:19 AM
  #20  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 15,130

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3613 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 60 Posts
I love that PX 10. I worked in a Peugeot shop and my best buddy had a black one like that. That is a super sweet bike. If the OP were willing to ship, I'd bet that bike would be gone by now. Bikes that nice just don't pop up that often.
bikemig is offline  
Old 05-20-18, 10:47 PM
  #21  
omgar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PM'd about the PX10LE. Very interested.
omgar is offline  
Old 05-22-18, 02:52 PM
  #22  
Grand Bois
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Grand Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pinole, CA, USA
Posts: 17,418
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The PX10 is gone and I miss it already.

I plan to keep the Gitane TdF and maybe the Jeunet. I'm giving up the two IGH conversions since I plan to move to the mountains. I'll post them here before I resort to eBay.

I'll bet the PA10 could be parted out for way more than I'm asking for it. I just don't have the time to do it.
Grand Bois is offline  
Old 05-24-18, 11:39 AM
  #23  
Zbridgman
Katakura
 
Zbridgman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 9

Bikes: 1970’ish Katakura Silk. 1968 Columbia twosome.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beautiful bikes!!!
Zbridgman is offline  
Old 05-28-18, 08:11 PM
  #24  
orcas island 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Pa-10

Hi -can you tell me what the stand-over measurement on the PA-10 is, and whether it’s still available? Thanks; John

Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
They're still available.
Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
1974 PX10LE






The flawless Brooks Pro is dated 1978. The paint and gold leaf striping is by Dr. Deltron. The pedals are T.A. The new freewheel is a Maillard 700 that comes with a box of cogs and a removal tool. The spokes are Robergel 3 Stars.
I'm not willing to ship it. If you are in or near the Bay Area and think it's worth $500 send me a message. Cash only on these.
1974 PA10E
Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
This one is $250. The rings are 48x40. It now has low flange Campy Record hubs and OEM dust caps on the crank. The T.A. cage is rust free. Bullseye pulleys on the Simplex SX610. Stronglight A-9 roller headset. The Brooks is new. Bluemels fenders. The rims are Mavic Monthlery Pros.

Both are wall hangers, so they're in great condition, if a little dusty.
I have six more bikes and I'm only going to keep one.

orcas island is offline  
Old 05-28-18, 08:12 PM
  #25  
orcas island 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Pa-10

Hi -can you tell me what the stand-over measurement on the PA-10 is, and whether it’s still available? Thanks; John

Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
They're still available.
Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
1974 PX10LE






The flawless Brooks Pro is dated 1978. The paint and gold leaf striping is by Dr. Deltron. The pedals are T.A. The new freewheel is a Maillard 700 that comes with a box of cogs and a removal tool. The spokes are Robergel 3 Stars.
I'm not willing to ship it. If you are in or near the Bay Area and think it's worth $500 send me a message. Cash only on these.
1974 PA10E
Originally Posted by Grand Bois View Post
This one is $250. The rings are 48x40. It now has low flange Campy Record hubs and OEM dust caps on the crank. The T.A. cage is rust free. Bullseye pulleys on the Simplex SX610. Stronglight A-9 roller headset. The Brooks is new. Bluemels fenders. The rims are Mavic Monthlery Pros.

Both are wall hangers, so they're in great condition, if a little dusty.
I have six more bikes and I'm only going to keep one.

orcas island is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.