Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

ISO: 27.0 silver post, NDS Shimano Italian cartridge cup

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

ISO: 27.0 silver post, NDS Shimano Italian cartridge cup

Old 01-15-21, 07:40 AM
  #1  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ISO: NDS Shimano Italian cartridge cup

Building up a '69 Atala Record Pro frameset with on-hand parts to see how it rides, and have run into numerous roadblocks with crank choices. Going with a Sugino XD now. I have a Shimano UN-52 cartridge BB but I'm missing the NDS fixing cup. Does anyone have an orphan kicking around your parts stash, or a trashed cartridge that can donate one? Must be Italian thread because the BB shell diameter is wider than BSA. OD on NDS cartridge body is 30mm.

FOUND! Thanks L134 Also looking for a functional one piece silver seatpost in 27.0, normal or zero setback. Well worn is fine as long as it functions properly and safely.

Thanks!

Last edited by JunkYardBike; 01-17-21 at 04:14 PM.
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 10:56 AM
  #2  
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!
 
unworthy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,171
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 222 Posts
I will check if I have either and LYK.
unworthy1 is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 12:31 PM
  #3  
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!
 
unworthy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,171
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 222 Posts
Found one NDS ITAL cup, will give you details in a PM
unworthy1 is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 12:33 PM
  #4  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1 View Post
I will check if I have either and LYK.
Thanks. And if anyone prefers a trade, I have lots of BBs and lots of other vintage and modernish stuff. I don't have as many seat posts, but I do have a few Campy NRs in common and less common sizes.
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 04:00 PM
  #5  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: High Falls, NY, USA
Posts: 39,690

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 482 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6763 Post(s)
Liked 1,365 Times in 877 Posts
@JunkYardBike, hi! Haven't seen you in a long time!
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Likes For noglider:
Old 01-15-21, 04:33 PM
  #6  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider View Post
@JunkYardBike, hi! Haven't seen you in a long time!
Hey Tom. Woke up from a long nap. Glad to see youre still around!
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 04:59 PM
  #7  
noobinsf 
Senior Member
 
noobinsf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 2,271

Bikes: CURRENT: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '74 Campania Professional, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '91 Univega Alpina Comp PAST: '72 Puch Bergmeister, '72ish Peugeot UO-8, '86 Univega Gran Premio, '85 Univega Viva Touring

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked 468 Times in 318 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike View Post
Also looking for a functional one piece silver seatpost in 27.0, normal or zero setback. Well worn is fine as long as it functions properly and safely.

Thanks!
Silver, huh? I have a black American Classic 27.0 I would be willing to trade if that interests you. I'm looking for a crank set or a set of drop bars, but I'm a little picky as to which for this next build. PM me if you're interested.
noobinsf is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 05:22 PM
  #8  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by noobinsf View Post
Silver, huh? I have a black American Classic 27.0 I would be willing to trade if that interests you. I'm looking for a crank set or a set of drop bars, but I'm a little picky as to which for this next build. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. But I strongly prefer silver, so will keep looking.
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 06:58 PM
  #9  
nlerner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,919
Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2025 Post(s)
Liked 1,383 Times in 755 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike View Post
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. But I strongly prefer silver, so will keep looking.
Patrick, I have a silver 27.0 American Classic. One caveat: @rhm recently tried to install it in a bike that had a 27.0 post, but found it was too large. I can measure with my dial calipers, but clearly not all 27.0 posts are the same size!
nlerner is offline  
Old 01-15-21, 07:36 PM
  #10  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner View Post
Patrick, I have a silver 27.0 American Classic. One caveat: @rhm recently tried to install it in a bike that had a 27.0 post, but found it was too large. I can measure with my dial calipers, but clearly not all 27.0 posts are the same size!
Thanks for the offer Neal. The seat tube on the Atala thinks it's a 26.9. I've tried a 26.8 and it's just a smidge too loose. I've tried a 27.0 from another bike and it's a bear to fit. I may have to take some sandpaper to whatever post I end up with, but since I have plenty of other 27.2 posts I can sand, I'll pass on your offer. Thanks.
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-16-21, 10:22 AM
  #11  
L134 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 454

Bikes: 1978 Bruce Gordon, 1977 Lippy, 199? Lippy tandem, Bike Friday NWT, 1982 Trek 720, 2012 Rivendell Atlantis, 1983 Bianchi Specialissima?

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike View Post
Building up a '69 Atala Record Pro frameset with on-hand parts to see how it rides, and have run into numerous roadblocks with crank choices. Going with a Sugino XD now. I have a Shimano UN-52 cartridge BB but I'm missing the NDS fixing cup. Does anyone have an orphan kicking around your parts stash, or a trashed cartridge that can donate one? Must be Italian thread because the BB shell diameter is wider than BSA. OD on NDS cartridge body is 30mm.

Also looking for a functional one piece silver seatpost in 27.0, normal or zero setback. Well worn is fine as long as it functions properly and safely.

Thanks!
I have 2 SR custom of this style:

one is well used and may be missing the clamps (Id have to check loose parts).

The other is complete and appears to never have been installed. Each appears to be 190mm though Im not certain how one measures. I measured from end to about the clamp.
L134 is offline  
Old 01-16-21, 11:49 AM
  #12  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by L134 View Post
I have 2 SR custom of this style:

one is well used and may be missing the clamps (Id have to check loose parts).

The other is complete and appears to never have been installed. Each appears to be 190mm though Im not certain how one measures. I measured from end to about the clamp.
That would work. PM incoming.
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-17-21, 08:03 AM
  #13  
L134 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 454

Bikes: 1978 Bruce Gordon, 1977 Lippy, 199? Lippy tandem, Bike Friday NWT, 1982 Trek 720, 2012 Rivendell Atlantis, 1983 Bianchi Specialissima?

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike View Post
That would work. PM incoming.
replied
L134 is offline  
Old 01-17-21, 08:37 AM
  #14  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by L134 View Post
replied
hmmm...nothing in my inbox
JunkYardBike is offline  
Old 01-17-21, 10:00 AM
  #15  
L134 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 454

Bikes: 1978 Bruce Gordon, 1977 Lippy, 199? Lippy tandem, Bike Friday NWT, 1982 Trek 720, 2012 Rivendell Atlantis, 1983 Bianchi Specialissima?

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike View Post
hmmm...nothing in my inbox
Tried again
L134 is offline  
Old 01-19-21, 12:02 PM
  #16  
pcb 
Senior Member
 
pcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Joisey
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 177 Posts
Just a minor heads-up to say that I've found Phil Wood lockrings fit Shimano sealed bbs very nicely. I recognize that they're priced higher and worth more than loose Shimano cups, but can you actually buy new loose Shimano cups? I don't know, just asking that one.

At any rate, just so folks know, if they didn't, you might be looking for a Shimano cup not realizing you've got loose Phil rings kicking around that'll fit. I'll use them as replacements sometimes with older/higher-end Shimano bbs with dual removable cups, because they give you more control over bb position, chainline and inner-chainring clearance.
__________________
Fuggedaboutit!
pcb is offline  
Likes For pcb:
Old 01-19-21, 05:35 PM
  #17  
JunkYardBike
Dropped
Thread Starter
 
JunkYardBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northwestern NJ
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
That's a good tip. I do have one set of Phil cups, but they are British. I ended up buying a replacement BB for this - $15 less than a set of Phil cups! Still willing to buy a spare cup if someone has one - or if someone has the cup and is looking for a good cartridge, I've got one! Shimano does sell loose ES50 plastic cups, but I have a bunch of those and they don't fit the UN5x I tried them on.

Originally Posted by pcb View Post
Just a minor heads-up to say that I've found Phil Wood lockrings fit Shimano sealed bbs very nicely. I recognize that they're priced higher and worth more than loose Shimano cups, but can you actually buy new loose Shimano cups? I don't know, just asking that one.

At any rate, just so folks know, if they didn't, you might be looking for a Shimano cup not realizing you've got loose Phil rings kicking around that'll fit. I'll use them as replacements sometimes with older/higher-end Shimano bbs with dual removable cups, because they give you more control over bb position, chainline and inner-chainring clearance.
JunkYardBike is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.