Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTT Campy Seat Post 26.2 for 26.8

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

WTT Campy Seat Post 26.2 for 26.8

Old 02-04-21, 08:07 AM
  #1  
IsleRide 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
IsleRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 45 Posts
WTT Campy Seat Post 26.2 for 26.8

See my post in "ISO and for trade thread part 5"


ISO and for trade thread part 5
IsleRide is offline  
Old 02-04-21, 10:26 AM
  #2  
xiaoman1 
Awaiting Parole
 
xiaoman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Weird Coast City of the Angels
Posts: 3,947

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked 757 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by IsleRide View Post
See my post in "ISO and for trade thread part 5"


ISO and for trade thread part 5
Any chance for you to use a shim rather than looking for a trade...
__________________
"STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE STANDING"

xiaoman1 is offline  
Old 02-04-21, 10:40 AM
  #3  
niliraga 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 432

Bikes: 1970s Coppi/Fiorelli beater, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1972 Bob Jackson, 1970 Cilo Sprint-X, 1985 Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Legnano Roma

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 89 Posts
no need for a 26.2 alas (unless someone drops an old Cinelli SC on my doorstep) but I have a fun 80s-esque Cambio Rino in 26.8 i'd be up for trading for something ... unless that's too modern?
niliraga is offline  
Old 02-04-21, 11:45 AM
  #4  
IsleRide 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
IsleRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1 View Post
Any chance for you to use a shim rather than looking for a trade...
Actually xiaoman1, a Nitto or Problem Solvers handlebar shim for 26 to 25.4 could work if I contoured it around the top to be undetectable.
Still a chance for rocking though. Giving that some thought if I don't come up with anything else.

"no need for a 26.2 alas (unless someone drops an old Cinelli SC on my doorstep) but I have a fun 80s-esque Cambio Rino in 26.8 i'd be up for trading for something ... unless that's too modern?"

niliraga, The Rino is pretty close to the '79 Trek that it would be going in to be "proper". Would prefer another 2 bolt either the Campy or a copy. (but not necessary)
PM me with a photo and what you'd want for it. Since moving I don't have as much to trade anymore. I have another frame in the wings that takes a 26.4 that the 26.2 post could work with.
IsleRide is offline  
Old 02-04-21, 11:59 AM
  #5  
xiaoman1 
Awaiting Parole
 
xiaoman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Weird Coast City of the Angels
Posts: 3,947

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked 757 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by IsleRide View Post
Actually xiaoman1, a Nitto or Problem Solvers handlebar shim for 26 to 25.4 could work if I contoured it around the top to be undetectable.
Still a chance for rocking though. Giving that some thought if I don't come up with anything else.

"no need for a 26.2 alas (unless someone drops an old Cinelli SC on my doorstep) but I have a fun 80s-esque Cambio Rino in 26.8 i'd be up for trading for something ... unless that's too modern?"

niliraga, The Rino is pretty close to the '79 Trek that it would be going in to be "proper". Would prefer another 2 bolt either the Campy or a copy. (but not necessary)
PM me with a photo and what you'd want for it. Since moving I don't have as much to trade anymore. I have another frame in the wings that takes a 26.4 that the 26.2 post could work with.
A coke can might also help...Good Luck.
Best, Ben
__________________
"STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE STANDING"

xiaoman1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.