Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic and Vintage Sales (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage-sales/)
-   -   For free: Dunlop EA3 36h rims and a chrome fender (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage-sales/1231435-free-dunlop-ea3-36h-rims-chrome-fender.html)

scarlson 05-27-21 12:30 PM

For free: Dunlop EA3 36h rims and a chrome fender
 
Here are some good quality, "made in England" Dunlop EA3 (26x1-3/8") 36h rims, and a fender for the same wheel size. Good for your old roadster or other three-speed type thing. A little surface rust that I'm confident would clean off easily with tinfoil or other such polish.

Free, you pay shipping or come pick them up. I'm listing them here before they go into the trash.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...af0d17258b.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ef7602aef5.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b9ed603a2.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...761029e2f1.jpg

Unca_Sam 05-27-21 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by scarlson (Post 22078280)
Here are some good quality, "made in England" Dunlop EA3 (26x1-3/8") 36h rims, and a fender for the same wheel size. Good for your old roadster or other three-speed type thing. A little surface rust that I'm confident would clean off easily with tinfoil or other such polish.

Free, you pay shipping or come pick them up. I'm listing them here before they go into the trash.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...af0d17258b.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ef7602aef5.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b9ed603a2.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...761029e2f1.jpg

I'm sure the guys posting in the 3 speed thread would snap these up

scarlson 05-27-21 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by Unca_Sam (Post 22078297)
I'm sure the guys posting in the 3 speed thread would snap these up

This thread? For the love of English 3 speeds

Is it kosher to post free stuff in there? I may have more old Raleigh gear I can also throw in. Some twist-shifters or something, and brake levers maybe.

Unca_Sam 05-27-21 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by scarlson (Post 22078350)
This thread? For the love of English 3 speeds

Is it kosher to post free stuff in there? I may have more old Raleigh gear I can also throw in. Some twist-shifters or something, and brake levers maybe.

I'm not a mod, but you posted it here first, so it's only announcing that these are here. There are more than a few complaints about bad rims on otherwise nice english 3 speeds.

cudak888 05-27-21 01:56 PM

You have the upgraded membership and you're not making money off of these. Definitely mention them in that thread.

-Kurt

scarlson 01-14-22 06:29 PM

More free stuff! All of the above still available, and I'm adding more!

First, here's a picture of how well these rims clean up. A ten-second scrubbing with tinfoil went from the spotted finish on the left to the beautiful sheen on the right:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...54e6a69fea.jpg

Plus all this, also free to whomever wants it, cost of shipping.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c537e3bfce.jpg

dmark 01-14-22 08:04 PM

PM'd
Surprised I did not see this sooner. Picked up a 73 Raleigh LTD and rims have a couple of dents that I could hammer but they are never quite right after no matter how careful.

scarlson 01-14-22 10:45 PM

All Right!!

Think everything's pending gone except the 3sp grip shifters. I imagine those will be harder to give away.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.