Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Need Identification help (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1018993-need-identification-help.html)

x1124x 07-15-15 01:13 PM

Need Identification help
 
2 Attachment(s)
I need help identifying this older ladies bike. Any help?

Any and ALL help welcome and appreciated!!

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=464581http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=464582

junkman71 07-15-15 04:42 PM

could we get more pics of the bike, like the drivetrain side and or any other lettering on the bike?

thumpism 07-15-15 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pegasus is a brand and this one found by Googling appears to have a similar head badge.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=464638

junkman71 07-15-15 05:05 PM

there were a few others that used a similar badge......argyle for starters

junkman71 07-15-15 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=464641

thumpism, good guess...... I found this and its a pegasus head badge

thumpism 07-15-15 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by junkman71 (Post 17983034)

thumpism, good guess...

Guess? GUESS?!? We in C&V do not indulge in guessing. We inspect...we conjecture...we surmise...we recognize...we KNOW, but we do not guess.

juvela 07-15-15 06:18 PM

interesting how the headset, bulge-formed head and fork crown bear a resemblance to those of styria...

would be interesting to check the steerer to see if it is a 26.0mm...

bikes of the old east-bloc often show strong similarities to particular examples from west of the curtain.

another polish badge which has come through my workshop is zzr.

junkman71 07-15-15 07:45 PM


Originally Posted by thumpism (Post 17983053)
Guess? GUESS?!? We in C&V do not indulge in guessing. We inspect...we conjecture...we surmise...we recognize...we KNOW, but we do not guess.

yes......I research so I know....... learning all I can about vintage bikes

thumpism 07-16-15 04:27 AM


Originally Posted by junkman71 (Post 17983465)
yes......I research so I know....... learning all I can about vintage bikes

Your reply indicates cautious agreement. My last remark was meant to be humorous and I hope it was taken as such. The mock affront was meant to amuse. Of course I guessed. New old bikes turn up all the time and everyone who loves this stuff loves to see them, whether we know anything about them or not.

junkman71 07-16-15 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by thumpism (Post 17984091)
Your reply indicates cautious agreement. My last remark was meant to be humorous and I hope it was taken as such. The mock affront was meant to amuse. Of course I guessed. New old bikes turn up all the time and everyone who loves this stuff loves to see them, whether we know anything about them or not.

yes I knew you were joking......

juvela 07-16-15 05:50 PM

so, does the above exchange constitute "a polish joke"? ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.