Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Old 06-16-20, 10:01 PM
  #2651  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Madison, WI USA
Posts: 6,162
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2367 Post(s)
Liked 1,757 Times in 1,197 Posts
Just looking visually, hanger 27 looks like a better match. Do you have the old hanger, even in pieces?
madpogue is offline  
Likes For madpogue:
Old 06-17-20, 04:58 PM
  #2652  
1/2 as far in 2x the time
 
Last ride 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 1,746

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by billytwosheds
Could be a long shot, but I'm looking for a pair of Campagnolo monoplaner (mono planer? monoplanar?) brake calipers.

A few different version of them were made, and I'd prefer the earlier (Chorus) version but am open to the later Athena version. I don't think the Mirage-level are a good fit for my application.

Anyone have any on hand?
No, but xenons look kinda like the wide arm Athena (to me,at least) but don't have the interlocked arms. I have a nice pair of those, if they will work. Some light chrome speckling otherwise they are mint, barely v used.

Just taken now.
__________________
I seem to have lost what little mind I had left before this all started.
Last ride 76 is offline  
Old 06-17-20, 06:05 PM
  #2653  
Senior Member
 
billytwosheds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kingdom of Hawai'i
Posts: 1,214

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked 518 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Last ride 76
No, but xenons look kinda like the wide arm Athena (to me,at least) but don't have the interlocked arms. I have a nice pair of those, if they will work. Some light chrome speckling otherwise they are mint, barely v used.
Just taken now.
Thanks for mentioning. I ended up springing for a pair of true Chorus monoplaners this morning...the interlocking arms (and inner pivot workings) were the draw for me.

Those are handsome brakes though, I'm sure they wouldn't last long in the FS section.
billytwosheds is offline  
Old 06-18-20, 06:53 AM
  #2654  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 785

Bikes: Raleigh Classic 15, 84; Miyata 912, 85; Miyata Ridge Runner SE, 85; Miyata 610, 86; Miyata 100M, 86; Miyata Valley Runner, 88; Miyata Triple Cross, 89; GT Karakoram, 90; Miyata Elevation 300, 91; Marinoni Touring, 95; Long Haul Trucker, 2013

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 82 Posts
Anyone know a source for Campy Athena brake hoods, circa 1995? I found them at Rose Bikes in Germany, but the shipping to Canada makes them kind of pricey. Are any other hoods "close enough"?
John Nolan is online now  
Old 06-19-20, 02:05 PM
  #2655  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Fixed side cone for old 3 speed front hub

Looking for the right side cone for a generic "made in England" front hub. This would be the non-adjustable cone. The axle is 8mm with a 1mm pitch; the cone is 17mm in diameter and 14mm overall length, used with 3/16" balls.

To replace the cone at the bottom.

I have parts, but nothing really high end in exchange.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-19-20, 04:20 PM
  #2656  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,857

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2299 Post(s)
Liked 2,061 Times in 1,258 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Looking for the right side cone for a generic "made in England" front hub. This would be the non-adjustable cone. The axle is 8mm with a 1mm pitch; the cone is 17mm in diameter and 14mm overall length, used with 3/16" balls.

To replace the cone at the bottom.
Pretty sure I've got that for you. Get back to you.
clubman is offline  
Old 06-19-20, 06:07 PM
  #2657  
Senior Member
 
3speedslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 9,360

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1950 Post(s)
Liked 1,094 Times in 648 Posts
Hello,

Still looking for a “hand” Rudge crankset.

But moving on to other project needs.

ISO: Campy BB cable guide, early. Does not need to be pristine. Going eventually on my early Puch Burgmeister touring project.

Thanks!

3speedslow is offline  
Old 06-19-20, 07:57 PM
  #2658  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
Pretty sure I've got that for you. Get back to you.
Much appreciated!
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 12:38 PM
  #2659  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,857

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2299 Post(s)
Liked 2,061 Times in 1,258 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Looking for the right side cone for a generic "made in England" front hub. This would be the non-adjustable cone. The axle is 8mm with a 1mm pitch; the cone is 17mm in diameter and 14mm overall length, used with 3/16" balls.

To replace the cone at the bottom.
.
I thought this was an easy find but 'Made in England' hubs come in a variety of shapes and sizes. This cone seems to be a Phillips type and the only extra I have already has some galling. Less damage than yours but still...
PM me if you want it for shipping. I can throw in the NOS black set, (non-adjustable is seen on the axle) but they only measure 15.5 diameter and 11.3 long.

clubman is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 01:42 PM
  #2660  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,841
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,340 Times in 791 Posts
Atom pedal cone needed

Argggh.

I have just got to the end of re-furbing these nice french pedals and found one cone has a fractured lip (l-r: broken, good, good from other japanese pedal):




These cones are thinner that any of the japanese and Lyotard cones I pulled out of the parts pedals, and although the japanese ones will thread on (the Lyotards won't - too small) the profile is so much bigger they won't do.



I doubt these are available separately - does anyone have an otherwise unusable atom pedal?

If you do, let me know what you're looking for (if you haven't already posted here) as who knows, I may have it. Got bins - BINS I tell you - full of old parts.
oneclick is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 01:45 PM
  #2661  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,841
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,340 Times in 791 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Looking for the right side cone for a generic "made in England" front hub. This would be the non-adjustable cone. The axle is 8mm with a 1mm pitch; the cone is 17mm in diameter and 14mm overall length, used with 3/16" balls.
To replace the cone at the bottom.

I have parts, but nothing really high end in exchange.
I have one a steel made-in-england front hub somewhere, seem to remember it felt nice enough, will dig it out and pull it apart.

EDIT: found it, not at all the hub you were looking for, sorry.

Looks to me as though you need both cones, that top one is rough.

Last edited by oneclick; 06-21-20 at 01:52 PM.
oneclick is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 01:55 PM
  #2662  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,841
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,340 Times in 791 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
Hello,

Still looking for a “hand” Rudge crankset.

But moving on to other project needs.

ISO: Campy BB cable guide, early. Does not need to be pristine. Going eventually on my early Puch Burgmeister touring project.

Thanks!
Are you sure the guide will clear your BB lube cup?
oneclick is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 03:15 PM
  #2663  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hitsville USA
Posts: 263

Bikes: 50s, 60s, 70s Nottingham/Worksop bikes, becanes, Gitane, Bertin, Lion of Sochaux

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 75 Posts
ISO ‘72 Raleigh Pro seat binder bolt

I found a very nice ‘72 Pro but the seat binder bolt is damaged. I have read it is a Dutch style where the non drive side ear is threaded. I read that it is an M6 ? I measured it to be approx 25mm long; I believe based what I can tell that maybe it originally took a 5mm Allen key. Does anyone have an extra they would sell/trade or tell me where I can buy? Many thanks! Steve




Last edited by Slowride79; 06-21-20 at 08:03 PM.
Slowride79 is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 04:32 PM
  #2664  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
I thought this was an easy find but 'Made in England' hubs come in a variety of shapes and sizes. This cone seems to be a Phillips type and the only extra I have already has some galling. Less damage than yours but still...
PM me if you want it for shipping. I can throw in the NOS black set, (non-adjustable is seen on the axle) but they only measure 15.5 diameter and 11.3 long.

Apparently "Phillips" is the magic word. I found a pair of axle assemblies for $$ on the bay, but both listed the axles as 5/16". Is my axle really 5/16, since they're *almost* the same? I know 26tpi is really difficult to distinguish from 1mm thread pitch without a thread gauge.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 04:35 PM
  #2665  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by oneclick
I have one a steel made-in-england front hub somewhere, seem to remember it felt nice enough, will dig it out and pull it apart.

EDIT: found it, not at all the hub you were looking for, sorry.

Looks to me as though you need both cones, that top one is rough.
It's acceptable, though if I'm getting an entire axle assembly, I'd swap it out. I'll review the dimensions, and see if there are brand new 5/16" assemblies with lock nuts that may be useful.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 04:37 PM
  #2666  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by oneclick
Argggh.

I have just got to the end of re-furbing these nice french pedals and found one cone has a fractured lip (l-r: broken, good, good from other japanese pedal):




These cones are thinner that any of the japanese and Lyotard cones I pulled out of the parts pedals, and although the japanese ones will thread on (the Lyotards won't - too small) the profile is so much bigger they won't do.



I doubt these are available separately - does anyone have an otherwise unusable atom pedal?

If you do, let me know what you're looking for (if you haven't already posted here) as who knows, I may have it. Got bins - BINS I tell you - full of old parts.
I can peek at the cones on my atom pedals, but I have no idea if the OEM models I have use the same cones.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 04:58 PM
  #2667  
Senior Member
 
obrentharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Point Reyes Station, California
Posts: 4,543

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1515 Post(s)
Liked 3,501 Times in 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
Hello,

Still looking for a “hand” Rudge crankset.

But moving on to other project needs.

ISO: Campy BB cable guide, early. Does not need to be pristine. Going eventually on my early Puch Burgmeister touring project.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by oneclick
Are you sure the guide will clear your BB lube cup?
Early style should clear just fine. Not common anymore however.



Brent
obrentharris is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 05:16 PM
  #2668  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,857

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2299 Post(s)
Liked 2,061 Times in 1,258 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Apparently "Phillips" is the magic word. I found a pair of axle assemblies for $$ on the bay, but both listed the axles as 5/16". Is my axle really 5/16, since they're *almost* the same? I know 26tpi is really difficult to distinguish from 1mm thread pitch without a thread gauge.
It's ambiguous. BSC is measured in Imperial so 5/16 is pretty much 8mm.
Raleigh bought them out in '60. Pre '60 Phillips cones are 24 tpi BSC while post '60, would at some point, be 26 tpi.
clubman is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 05:44 PM
  #2669  
The dropped
 
Unca_Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,144

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
It's ambiguous. BSC is measured in Imperial so 5/16 is pretty much 8mm.
Raleigh bought them out in '60. Pre '60 Phillips cones are 24 tpi BSC while post '60, would at some point, be 26 tpi.
Thanks. That's helpful. I know this isn't 24 tpi because that would match up. This is a later hub, and the AW mate was August of 1960.
Unca_Sam is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 06:29 PM
  #2670  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,857

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2299 Post(s)
Liked 2,061 Times in 1,258 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Thanks. That's helpful. I know this isn't 24 tpi because that would match up. This is a later hub, and the AW mate was August of 1960.
Just don't assume that the front hub matches. Many Raleigh bikes were sold with 24 tpi parts as they used up inventory from all the the Birmingham companies they absorbed in 1960. SA rear hubs weren't sold in pairs with the fronts and weren't always specified as such on many bikes.
I have a well marked jar of Raleigh 26 tpi nuts, a jar of of 24 tpi nuts as well as metric nuts from France, Germany and elsewhere. I use these to determine thread pitches Don't get me started on Whitworth anomalies.
clubman is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 06:29 PM
  #2671  
Senior Member
 
tyler_fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Magnolia State, 100° with 110% humidity
Posts: 1,230

Bikes: American, Italian, and Japanese.. in no particular order.

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 128 Posts
FOUND. @jeirvine came through for me!

Looking for a clean CPSC 3-hole Campy 28.6 clamp-on front derailleur.
-Thanks

Last edited by tyler_fred; 06-24-20 at 05:56 AM.
tyler_fred is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 07:04 PM
  #2672  
Senior Member
 
3speedslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 9,360

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1950 Post(s)
Liked 1,094 Times in 648 Posts
obrentharris

Hey, thanks for the pic! I figured the early ones are not too common. Would that one be with the Gran Sport group? That’s what was on, going on this frame.
3speedslow is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 07:58 PM
  #2673  
Senior Member
 
obrentharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Point Reyes Station, California
Posts: 4,543

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1515 Post(s)
Liked 3,501 Times in 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
obrentharris

Hey, thanks for the pic! I figured the early ones are not too common. Would that one be with the Gran Sport group? That’s what was on, going on this frame.
Yes,
That's the one that went with the Gran Sport derr's. You can find them NOS on ebay with an attached pump clip for an early Silca pump head. Finding one without the pump clip is not so easy. You could always grind off the pump clip.
Brent
obrentharris is offline  
Old 06-21-20, 09:12 PM
  #2674  
Senior Member
 
jeirvine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,336

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 284 Posts
Originally Posted by tyler_fred
Looking for a clean CPSC 3-hole Campy 28.6 clamp-on front derailleur.
-Thanks
I'm pretty sure I have a nice one to spare. I'll check my stash on the morrow.
-J
__________________
The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy
jeirvine is offline  
Old 06-22-20, 11:30 AM
  #2675  
Senior Member
 
3speedslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 9,360

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1950 Post(s)
Liked 1,094 Times in 648 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
Yes,
That's the one that went with the Gran Sport derr's. You can find them NOS on ebay with an attached pump clip for an early Silca pump head. Finding one without the pump clip is not so easy. You could always grind off the pump clip.
Brent
I would hate to do that!
3speedslow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.