Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Reply

Old 01-07-19, 03:37 AM
  #876  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Getting close people! Started out recently with a mind to put a full Campy group together. Thereís not much left that I need to complete it. But Iím still on the hunt for:

BIG PARTS:
SR crankset 170 mm (Ď78 to Ď84)
Record 1 bolt post (27 mm)
SL pedals

small parts:
World logo gum hoods
Metal crank arm dust caps

I have both PayPal, and items to potentially trade if interested...

Thanks!
deux jambes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 01:04 PM
  #877  
Desertdweller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tucson
Posts: 285

Bikes: Trek TX900.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
1975 Chicago Schwinn Varsity to trade local.

A survivor bike. Complete and all original. I believe the tires are even original, large 63x63.
Partial trade on a hybrid frame or bike in my size. 56. Tucson and surrounding area. I know itís a long shot.
Desertdweller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 02:04 PM
  #878  
malcala622 
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 1,706

Bikes: Bianchi Trofeo/Sport SX/Limited/Giro.Tommasini Prestige. Bottecchia Cromor. Gios Torino. Torelli Strada?

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
Getting close people! Started out recently with a mind to put a full Campy group together. Thereís not much left that I need to complete it. But Iím still on the hunt for:

BIG PARTS:
SR crankset 170 mm (Ď78 to Ď84)
Record 1 bolt post (27 mm)
SL pedals

small parts:
World logo gum hoods
Metal crank arm dust caps

I have both PayPal, and items to potentially trade if interested...

Thanks!
I have some SL pedals I don't mind selling. I don't see myself using them besides when displaying my bicycles.

Email me [email protected] and I can send you pictures tonight
malcala622 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 04:18 PM
  #879  
Iowegian
Senior Member
 
Iowegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boulder, Colo
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
small parts:
World logo gum hoods
Iowegian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 11:19 AM
  #880  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Iowegian View Post
Thank you!
deux jambes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 11:55 PM
  #881  
RobbieTunes 
Old and in the way
 
RobbieTunes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Very Southern Indiana
Posts: 25,128
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
ISO:
QR's for 120/100 Nuovo Tipo hubs
OEM gum world logo Campy brake hoods. (not reproductions)
27.2 seat post for a late 70's Raleigh
42cm 25.4 bars

Have:
Lots of stuff, maybe less after the Madison swap meet this weekend, maybe more.
__________________
Robbie ♪♫♪...☻


Last edited by RobbieTunes; 01-09-19 at 12:02 AM.
RobbieTunes is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 01:48 PM
  #882  
3speedslow
Senior Member
 
3speedslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 6,877

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
ISO:
QR's for 120/100 Nuovo Tipo hubs
OEM gum world logo Campy brake hoods. (not reproductions)
27.2 seat post for a late 70's Raleigh
42cm 25.4 bars

Have:
Lots of stuff, maybe less after the Madison swap meet this weekend, maybe more.
okay, no seatpost. Are the bars for that Raleigh? A GB random bar in 42 outside measurement perhaps?
3speedslow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 02:10 PM
  #883  
RobbieTunes 
Old and in the way
 
RobbieTunes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Very Southern Indiana
Posts: 25,128
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Originally Posted by 3speedslow View Post


okay, no seatpost. Are the bars for that Raleigh? A GB random bar in 42 outside measurement perhaps?
Would match the GB stem, for sure! Perfect.
__________________
Robbie ♪♫♪...☻

RobbieTunes is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 02:22 PM
  #884  
3speedslow
Senior Member
 
3speedslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 6,877

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
Would match the GB stem, for sure! Perfect.
Super- duper!

i will hunt for another handle bar box.
3speedslow is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 02:47 PM
  #885  
crandress 
Crapmaster
 
crandress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 898

Bikes: 1953 Terrot, 1980 Mercian Vincitore, Bridgestone MB3, Atala Corsa GS, Bottecchia Gran Turismo, Raleigh Olympian

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
ISO:
QR's for 120/100 Nuovo Tipo hubs
OEM gum world logo Campy brake hoods. (not reproductions)
27.2 seat post for a late 70's Raleigh
42cm 25.4 bars

Have:
Lots of stuff, maybe less after the Madison swap meet this weekend, maybe more.
I will take a look at my seat posts tonight. Not sure what I have.
crandress is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 07:15 PM
  #886  
crandress 
Crapmaster
 
crandress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 898

Bikes: 1953 Terrot, 1980 Mercian Vincitore, Bridgestone MB3, Atala Corsa GS, Bottecchia Gran Turismo, Raleigh Olympian

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
ISO:
QR's for 120/100 Nuovo Tipo hubs
OEM gum world logo Campy brake hoods. (not reproductions)
27.2 seat post for a late 70's Raleigh
42cm 25.4 bars

Have:
Lots of stuff, maybe less after the Madison swap meet this weekend, maybe more.
Well the only 27.2 I have is an SR Laprade. Not Raleigh branded. I think late 80's the only 27.2's they had were on the Professional and Grand Sport which would have come with a Campy post. I don't have one of those.
__________________
Chris

Crapmaster
Have an adventure and participate in the Box O Crap, Series 7
crandress is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 02:22 PM
  #887  
jpaschall
Senior Member
 
jpaschall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 926

Bikes: 1982 Trek 613, 1988 Panasonic MC 2500, 1981 Schwinn Super Sport, 1975 Raleigh Super Course MKII, 1985 Miyata 210

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
ISO:

Clamp on Suntour Superbe/Cyclone shifters x2

Have:

Two pairs of braze-on Suntour Cyclone shifters
jpaschall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 05:31 PM
  #888  
RobbieTunes 
Old and in the way
 
RobbieTunes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Very Southern Indiana
Posts: 25,128
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Originally Posted by crandress View Post
Well the only 27.2 I have is an SR Laprade. Not Raleigh branded. I think late 80's the only 27.2's they had were on the Professional and Grand Sport which would have come with a Campy post. I don't have one of those.
Thanks.
__________________
Robbie ♪♫♪...☻

RobbieTunes is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 09:19 AM
  #889  
TrboDieselPwrd 
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 25

Bikes: '77 Motobecane Grand Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Barcon wedges

ISO: 3-piece "wedge" for early Suntour ratcheting bar end shifters.

Alternatively, any equivalent parts/hacks/knowledge would be appreciated. It seems like the easiest route is to just buy another used set but I was just hoping to complete what I already have.

Thanks!
TrboDieselPwrd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 10:03 AM
  #890  
wesmamyke 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Originally Posted by TrboDieselPwrd View Post
ISO: 3-piece "wedge" for early Suntour ratcheting bar end shifters.

Alternatively, any equivalent parts/hacks/knowledge would be appreciated. It seems like the easiest route is to just buy another used set but I was just hoping to complete what I already have.

Thanks!
I have an orphaned Suntour barcon wedge, and a parts shifter and other bits. Send me a PM and I'll try to go dig them out.
wesmamyke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 10:13 AM
  #891  
dweenk 
Senior Member
 
dweenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,993

Bikes: 1971 Fuji Finest, Royale, S-10-S, 1976 Motobecane Mirage, 1989 Trek 330, 1100, 1970 Raleigh Sport, and more

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
I have one of those, without the bolt that tightens it. Let me know if you want it.
__________________
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." ĖMark Twain
dweenk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 10:48 AM
  #892  
TrboDieselPwrd 
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 25

Bikes: '77 Motobecane Grand Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by wesmamyke View Post
I have an orphaned Suntour barcon wedge, and a parts shifter and other bits. Send me a PM and I'll try to go dig them out.
Originally Posted by dweenk View Post
I have one of those, without the bolt that tightens it. Let me know if you want it.
Thank you. I may take both of you up on your offers given my luck with these things.
TrboDieselPwrd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 10:35 PM
  #893  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,011

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (that will soon have DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
ISO: a friction bushing for a Dura Ace 7400 lever which is number 12 in this picture: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8010/7...8ae7bc97_o.jpg
I assume it is probably a similar bushing in other shifters from Shimano.

I have plenty of stuff for trade including some old shifters and other parts and even could trade for some newer stuff as well.
veganbikes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 06:19 AM
  #894  
bwilli88 
Senior Member
 
bwilli88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kampong Cham, Cambodia but I have too much in Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,650

Bikes: Bikes in USA; 73 Raleigh Supercourse dingle speed, 74 Raleigh Grand Prix SS, 78 Raleigh Supercourse, 83 Centurion Pro-Tour

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
ISO: a friction bushing for a Dura Ace 7400 lever which is number 12 in this picture: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8010/7...8ae7bc97_o.jpg
I assume it is probably a similar bushing in other shifters from Shimano.

I have plenty of stuff for trade including some old shifters and other parts and even could trade for some newer stuff as well.
I have a pair of shifters coming to my place in the States and it will have a spare left shifter along with it. I might be able to get my daughter to pull it out and send it to you.
__________________
My Cambodia bikes;1981 Centurion Pro Tour, 1985 Gazelle Mens Market bike, 19?? Maxwell Allroad, 2012 Fuji Stratos.
bwilli88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 02:16 PM
  #895  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,011

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (that will soon have DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Originally Posted by bwilli88 View Post
I have a pair of shifters coming to my place in the States and it will have a spare left shifter along with it. I might be able to get my daughter to pull it out and send it to you.
Dude, you might possibly be a life saver. Thank you so much! Let's keep in touch!
veganbikes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 03:31 PM
  #896  
jethin
Senior Member
 
jethin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I think I have that part from a 600 shifter. My bet is theyíre the same part.

FWIW Iím also in search of a complete left 6 speed DA shifter.

Originally Posted by bwilli88 View Post
I have a pair of shifters coming to my place in the States and it will have a spare left shifter along with it. I might be able to get my daughter to pull it out and send it to you.
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
ISO: a friction bushing for a Dura Ace 7400 lever which is number 12 in this picture: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8010/7...8ae7bc97_o.jpg
I assume it is probably a similar bushing in other shifters from Shimano.

I have plenty of stuff for trade including some old shifters and other parts and even could trade for some newer stuff as well.
jethin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 04:00 PM
  #897  
jonwvara 
Senior Member
 
jonwvara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington County, Vermont, USA
Posts: 2,851

Bikes: 1966 Dawes Double Blue, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1975 Raleigh Sprite 27, 1980 Univega Viva Sport, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1984 Lotus Classique, 1976 Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
need 1 1/8 locknut for threaded headset

Does anyone have an orphan 1 1/8 headset locknut that they don't need? It needs to be steel, and of the type type without a plastic seal around the stem, or to have a seal that can be removed and replaced. I'm doing a modification that requires a little brazing, so the ideal locknut candidate would have some sort of removable black finish, as opposed to chrome plating that would have to be stripped somehow.

I can offer common trade goods in return
__________________
www.redclovercomponents.com

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."
--Ogden Nash
jonwvara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 06:26 PM
  #898  
wesmamyke 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Originally Posted by jonwvara View Post
Does anyone have an orphan 1 1/8 headset locknut that they don't need? It needs to be steel, and of the type type without a plastic seal around the stem, or to have a seal that can be removed and replaced. I'm doing a modification that requires a little brazing, so the ideal locknut candidate would have some sort of removable black finish, as opposed to chrome plating that would have to be stripped somehow.

I can offer common trade goods in return
Probably have something like that, I hoard 1-1/8" threaded headset stuff. I'll see if any of the locknuts in the bin are steel.
wesmamyke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 06:36 PM
  #899  
jonwvara 
Senior Member
 
jonwvara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington County, Vermont, USA
Posts: 2,851

Bikes: 1966 Dawes Double Blue, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1975 Raleigh Sprite 27, 1980 Univega Viva Sport, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1984 Lotus Classique, 1976 Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Originally Posted by wesmamyke View Post
Probably have something like that, I hoard 1-1/8" threaded headset stuff. I'll see if any of the locknuts in the bin are steel.
Thanks, wesmamyke.
__________________
www.redclovercomponents.com

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."
--Ogden Nash
jonwvara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 11:26 AM
  #900  
RobbieTunes 
Old and in the way
 
RobbieTunes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Very Southern Indiana
Posts: 25,128
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
ISO:
Campy QR's for 120/100 Nuovo Tipo hubs
OEM gum world logo Campy brake hoods. (not reproductions)
27.2 seat post for a late 70's Raleigh
Metal dust caps for Superbe Pro cranks
-(don't have to be Suntour, any shiny metal will do)
Dura Ace AX bottom bracket (English)
Dura Ace AX chain rings

Have:
Normandy high-flange hubs
A bunch of 27.2 black seat posts
5800 RD like new
Weinman 610 calipers
Rear Tiagra caliper (new)
7402 brake hoods and internal parts.
Campy Chorus (white) brake hoods. decent shape, aero holes not punched out.
Suntour GPX: shifters, levers w/hoods, calipers, 170mm crankset (no rings), FD 28.6, RD
__________________
Robbie ♪♫♪...☻

RobbieTunes is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service