Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Old 11-24-19, 06:33 AM
  #1826  
verktyg
 
verktyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,035

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 657 Posts
ISO Shimano SL-7402 8 Sp Charcoal Shift Levers

I'm looking for a set of Shimano SL-7402 8 Speed Shift Levers in charcoal color. Must be in good condition with all the integral lever parts and no rust! Half moons and cable parts not needed.



Shimano only made the charcoal components for one or two years.

I have a NOS set in gray but I'm looking for levers that will matchy-matchy with all the black components on the new bike I'm assembling.


Note: silver seatpost is for holding in the bike stand.




verktyg
__________________
Don't believe everything you think! History is written by those who weren't there....

Chas. ;-)

verktyg is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 09:05 AM
  #1827  
Senior Member
 
jethin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 359 Times in 172 Posts
ISO: Shimano left/front STI shifter/brifter, triple and “classic” style preferred.

HAVE: Bike parts, beer...

[post clarified as per verkytg below]

Last edited by jethin; 11-24-19 at 10:32 AM.
jethin is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 09:28 AM
  #1828  
verktyg
 
verktyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,035

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 657 Posts
Brifter?

Originally Posted by jethin
ISO: Shimano left/front STI shifter, triple and “classic” style preferred.

HAVE: Bike parts, beer...
Brifter? or DT lever?

verktyg
__________________
Don't believe everything you think! History is written by those who weren't there....

Chas. ;-)

verktyg is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 12:15 PM
  #1829  
tantum vehi
 
mountaindave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Flathead Valley, MT
Posts: 4,450

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by jethin
ISO: Shimano left/front STI shifter/brifter, triple and “classic” style preferred.
I have a rider quality set if you’re interested. I think it’s a triple.
mountaindave is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 12:38 PM
  #1830  
Stop reading my posts!
 
unworthy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,662
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1473 Post(s)
Liked 1,112 Times in 824 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
I'm looking for a set of Shimano SL-7402 8 Speed Shift Levers in charcoal color. Must be in good condition with all the integral lever parts and no rust! Half moons and cable parts not needed.



Shimano only made the charcoal components for one or two years.

I have a NOS set in gray but I'm looking for levers that will matchy-matchy with all the black components on the new bike I'm assembling.


Note: silver seatpost is for holding in the bike stand.




verktyg
Wow, nice project! I think I have only the "gray" and didn't know there were any darker, but will search. I'd be happy to contribute something for an Ed Litton (a personal hero of mine)!
unworthy1 is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 07:02 PM
  #1831  
Phyllo-buster
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,864

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 2,067 Times in 1,261 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg




verktyg
Whew. Possible 1st gen black DA rings on alt crank arms? Pretty bike!
clubman is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 08:04 PM
  #1832  
Senior Member
 
jethin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 359 Times in 172 Posts
Thanks @mountaindave, but I’m looking to pair up an orphan right shifter.
jethin is offline  
Old 11-24-19, 09:06 PM
  #1833  
Senior Member
 
jeirvine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,337

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 284 Posts
ISO:
Silver Campy 135 bcd 39t chainring. Used/scratched is fine, as long as teeth have some life.

I have a mountain of 144 rings...
__________________
The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy
jeirvine is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 12:01 AM
  #1834  
verktyg
 
verktyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,035

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 657 Posts
Mostly Brand New Stuff

Originally Posted by clubman
Whew. Possible 1st gen black DA rings on alt crank arms? Pretty bike!
I cheated and decided to go first class on this bike - almost all new or NOS components. The cranks are Grand Cru Noir 110mm BCD, 48-34T. Really well designed and manufactured.

I stopped by to see Ed Litton the other day and mentioned I was having problems finding black shift levers. He dug through a box and pulled out a pair of black Simplex Retrofriction levers so I'm going to use them until I find what I'm looking for.

The barrels on the Simplex levers are smaller than the 8 speed DuraAce levers so the right side lever will be pulled back parallel with the down tube to shift onto the largest sprocket.

I ran ran Simplex levers before on another bike with an 8 speed cassette... VANITY! Image is everything.

verktyg "50"
__________________
Don't believe everything you think! History is written by those who weren't there....

Chas. ;-)


Last edited by verktyg; 11-25-19 at 07:24 AM.
verktyg is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 10:13 AM
  #1835  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,624

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
How about painting the shifters black? I did that with a pair of Dia Compe aero brake levers and it held up really well.

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 01:24 PM
  #1836  
aka: Dr. Cannondale
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,775
Mentioned: 236 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2175 Post(s)
Liked 3,531 Times in 1,237 Posts
Chas- I looked at the five pairs of 7402 eight speed levers I have on hand, and they are all the same shade of dark gray.
Are you sure they came in different finishes?
__________________
Hard at work in the Secret Underground Laboratory...
rccardr is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 04:33 PM
  #1837  
Senior Member
 
Vintage_Cyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 1,429

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 420 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
I cheated and decided to go first class on this bike - almost all new or NOS components. The cranks are Grand Cru Noir 110mm BCD, 48-34T. Really well designed and manufactured.

I stopped by to see Ed Litton the other day and mentioned I was having problems finding black shift levers. He dug through a box and pulled out a pair of black Simplex Retrofriction levers so I'm going to use them until I find what I'm looking for.

The barrels on the Simplex levers are smaller than the 8 speed DuraAce levers so the right side lever will be pulled back parallel with the down tube to shift onto the largest sprocket.

I ran ran Simplex levers before on another bike with an 8 speed cassette... VANITY! Image is everything.

verktyg "50"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Ren...gAAOSwLEtd3Deg
Vintage_Cyclist is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 06:15 PM
  #1838  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 182 Times in 141 Posts
Originally Posted by jethin
ISO: Shimano left/front STI shifter/brifter, triple and “classic” style preferred.

HAVE: Bike parts, beer...

[post clarified as per verkytg below]
what is “classic style”? I’m sure I have early sora, tiagra, 105 and possibly ultegra triple brifters. Do you want the thumb trigger for downshift or the double lever type?
maybe post a pic of the right side you have and I’ll see what matches best.
AeroGut is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 06:29 PM
  #1839  
tantum vehi
 
mountaindave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Flathead Valley, MT
Posts: 4,450

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by jethin
Thanks @mountaindave, but I’m looking to pair up an orphan right shifter.
No worries. It’s an early 105 version in triple, but there’s no trim, so kind of frustrating which is one reason I took it off. If you get desperate, I’m happy to part with the set. The left needs a flushing and re-greasing but both work fine. I also discovered the left is missing a plastic cover so you’d have to be really desperate.
mountaindave is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 09:34 PM
  #1840  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,571

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Liked 4,492 Times in 2,128 Posts
Curious if anyone has one of these Shimano Nexus SD-7S20 shifters kicking around, working or not. I want to experiment with one to see if I can disassemble it and extend the steel part of the shifting lever.



Alternately, a working ST-7S60 would probably suffice well enough and save me some time.




-Kurt
__________________












cudak888 is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 11:21 AM
  #1841  
Senior Member
 
Classtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,761

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1983 Post(s)
Liked 2,099 Times in 1,150 Posts
WWT 6800 hubset

In Search of nice Vintage, Low Flange, 36 Hole, Record hub set for my Raleigh Comp.
SOLD THESE ULTEGRA HUBS.
Have for trade a very nice 32 hole, 6800 11 speed hub set that was briefly built and ridden 3 or 400miles.





Last edited by Classtime; 01-11-20 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Sold
Classtime is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 04:05 PM
  #1842  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,219

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Liked 1,385 Times in 731 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
Looking for nice Record hub set for my Raleigh Comp.

Have for trade a very nice 6800 11 speed hub set that was briefly built and ridden 3 or 400miles.
Vintage Record hubs? How many spokes?
__________________
bfuser10291295 is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 05:31 PM
  #1843  
Senior Member
 
Classtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,761

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1983 Post(s)
Liked 2,099 Times in 1,150 Posts
36 spokes, low flange. Oops, fixed it.
Classtime is offline  
Old 11-28-19, 05:19 PM
  #1844  
Señor Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 151 Posts
Trade 740x hubset for 7700 hubset

I'm pulling together a DA 9-speed groupset (7700). Checking my hub collection, looks like I've got a pair of 740x hubsets, but no 7700. Anyone wanna swap?

#1 - DA 7402 - 8 speed UG, 32H, w/ 12-25 (?) 8-sp UG cassette with correct lock-ring



#2 - DA 7408 - 8 speed HG, 32H. Hmm, looking at the pics it appears that the front skewer isn't the correct DA. I'll have to dig for the match.



Neither have been cleaned up, but both feel smooth in hand. I'm happy to clean up and install new bearings and grease if desired.
Both sets have seen use, looks like the 7403 set has a bit more wear.

Last edited by CO_Hoya; 11-28-19 at 07:59 PM.
CO_Hoya is offline  
Old 11-28-19, 05:58 PM
  #1845  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,624

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_Hoya
I'm pulling together a DA 9-speed groupset (7700). Checking my hub collection, looks like I've got a pair of 740x hubsets, but no 7700. Anyone wanna swap?

#1 - DA 7402 - 8 speed UG, 32H, w/ 12-25 (?) 8-sp UG cassette with correct lock-ring



#2 - DA 7408 - 8 speed HG, 32H. Hmm, looking at the pics it appears that the front skewer isn't the correct DA. I'll have to dig for the match.



Neither have been cleaned up, but both feel smooth in hand. I'm happy to clean up and install new bearings and grease if desired.
Both sets have seen use, looks like the 7304 set has a bit more wear.
Am I correct in that you want NINE-speed hubs?

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 11-28-19, 06:47 PM
  #1846  
Señor Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 151 Posts
Yup. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Originally Posted by Miele Man
Am I correct in that you want NINE-speed hubs?

Cheers
CO_Hoya is offline  
Old 11-28-19, 06:51 PM
  #1847  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,624

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_Hoya
Yup. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
I just wanted to be sure. I have a wheelset here with tubular rims and 6 or 7 speed Uniglide Dura Ace hubs. If I can't find clincher rims that I can use with the existing spokes in a simple rim swap, I might take the wheels apart and sell/trade the hubs. I just wanted to be sure you weren't look for that type of hub.
Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 11-28-19, 08:05 PM
  #1848  
aka: Dr. Cannondale
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,775
Mentioned: 236 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2175 Post(s)
Liked 3,531 Times in 1,237 Posts
I may be able to help you out. Shoot me an e-mail at rccardr@cox.net and I'll send pics when we get back early next week.
__________________
Hard at work in the Secret Underground Laboratory...
rccardr is offline  
Old 11-29-19, 12:18 AM
  #1849  
www.theheadbadge.com
 
cudak888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 28,571

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Liked 4,492 Times in 2,128 Posts
I'm looking for two rough and ready-to-dispose-of 650B tires that have just enough life in them to be used to figure out how far I can push my tire size on my Bottecchia conversion. Also open to someone willing to lend a used set.

I won't be riding them, just bringing them up to enough pressure to get the tire to it's final size.

Looking especially for a smooth 650B x 42 and a 650B x 50 Compass Switchback - I really want to see if I can shove that huge Compass tire in the Bottecchia's fork before I consider buying these expensive suckers.

-Kurt
__________________












cudak888 is offline  
Old 11-29-19, 01:49 AM
  #1850  
rhm
multimodal commuter
 
rhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ, NYC, LI
Posts: 19,809

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 575 Times in 340 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
I'm looking for two rough and ready-to-dispose-of 650B tires that have just enough life in them to be used to figure out how far I can push my tire size on my Bottecchia conversion. Also open to someone willing to lend a used set.

I won't be riding them, just bringing them up to enough pressure to get the tire to it's final size.

Looking especially for a smooth 650B x 42 and a 650B x 50 Compass Switchback - I really want to see if I can shove that huge Compass tire in the Bottecchia's fork before I consider buying these expensive suckers.

-Kurt
i think I have a Hetre that's at the end of its useful life if that's what you need. I do have a Pari-Moto that's nominally 48 mm but it's pretty new and anyway it's on a bike.

What Bottecchia is this? I have one from about'1970. I won't send you my 48mm Pari-Moto but I could check whether I'll fit into the Bottecchia fork.
__________________
www.rhmsaddles.com.
rhm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.